Elimination Chamber Discussion

Super Cena

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Trish's defense, they gave her a horrid, un-funny pile of shit to say. It felt like one of those super-awkward Oscar Presentations where two celebs who don't like each other have to pretend to have 'chemistry' with each other while cracking 'hilarious' jokes.

It just goes to show how the WWE writing team has no fucking clue what to do, even when working with people who actually CAN talk, usually.

In Trish's defense, they gave her a horrid, un-funny pile of shit to say. It felt like one of those super-awkward Oscar Presentations where two celebs who don't like each other have to pretend to have 'chemistry' with each other while cracking 'hilarious' jokes.

It just goes to show how the WWE writing team has no fucking clue what to do, even when working with people who actually CAN talk, usually.

Cena's breakfast cereal backstage thing was just as cringeworthy in my opinion.

Are the writing team all 7 years old?

Maybe the segment wasn't planned, and perhaps they were just supposed to be filming Tough Enough backstage at the event. They did on the first series, they got front row seats for Raw/Metal, and they were talking about what it was like seeing it upclose and that. The segment's writing was probably rushed.

I enjoyed the PPV. The Smackdown Elimination Chamber match was ace, the RAW one was very good and Del Rio/Kingston and Miz/Lawler were both solid matches. The outcomes were very predictable, granted but something being predictable also means that it makes sense. Out of the possibilities there was, there wasn't anything better that would actually draw at Mania.

Miz/Cena and Edge/Del Rio as Title matches are fine for me. They're not exactly dream matches but they're trying to create new main eventers, we were never gonna get a card full of those. At the minute, Wrestlemania does lack a marquee match but The Undertaker vs Triple H will hopefully provide that. Excited about the potential of that happening as they haven't faced each other in years. HBK being involved would be interesting too.

Was pleased to see Christian and Trish return. Hoping Christian will be added to the match and the buildup would write itself and he deserves a chance to show what he can do. Trish's promo was crap but I thought that was the point considering Booker T's line afterwards. Botched a move but it happens, didn't need to try to do that in high heels though Trish and Kelly vs LayCool in a Lumberjill match is what I'm guessing is gonna happen.

Looking forward to RAW tonight. Will probably stay up for it for the first time in a while. The next six weeks are usually the best part of the year in WWE.

Maybe the segment wasn't planned, and perhaps they were just supposed to be filming Tough Enough backstage at the event. They did on the first series, they got front row seats for Raw/Metal, and they were talking about what it was like seeing it upclose and that. The segment's writing was probably rushed.

It's the very fact that they feel the need to script everything.

I'm pretty sure if they said, "ok, Booker, Trish, go out there, say hello to your fans, talk about the buzz of wrestlemania approaching and pimp the new Tough Enough" they would have done just that. Trish is normally likable and natural on the mic and Booker is an old hand at promos so they would have done fine.

Instead they got their fantastic writers to pen some hilarious catchphrase-based skit for them. And it sucked.

You know what?

Right now, the card for Wrestlemania is looking less interesting than the card for TNA Against All Odds was, which is one of TNA's minor PPVs.

That's not a good state of affairs for WWE.

Trish was cringeworthy and from the moment it looked like there was going to be a confrontation, her footwear always looked like it was going to cause a big issue, which then proved to be the case.

Cena's cereal thing was even bloody worse. Christ, if I ever see a bloke so excited to be eating a breakfast substance, at night, before fighting in a deadly structure, then I will personally shit into an envelope and send it to the creative team. Or the advertisers. Or maybe both.

I thought Booker was pretty good on commentary, and Michael Cole's face at time was a picture. My only qualm with the whole thing was how predicatable it was. Usually the February PPV threw up a couple of surprises, but there was nothing in that really bar a Christian return. Which will probably lead to absolutely nothing other than maybe a squash on Smackdown.

Hopefully they've put all their eggs into one surprise basket, and that will be opened up tonight on Raw

What should she pack to cut better promos that the shite she did last night? I didnt mind her fucking up a move, because thats second nature when your watching woman's wrestling. But she was usually great when she was on the microphone. I can only imagine years of appearing on shit television shows has killed all her promo ability and now she's one of the crowd.

The thing is Trish is one of those people, for me anyway, that I want to see do well. I have a lot of respect for her and found her entertaining from day one as a manager. It makes me sad to hear she failed on her return and I hope either that was a one off issue or a one off return if she's going to have so much trouble returning to form. She is one person whose legacy I don't want to see tarnished by trying to do something she can't anymore.

I actually didn't ind the Cena cereal thing, as it was a fun little way of acknowledging the Rock's pisstake of him.

It gave me a giggle, but thinking about it now, they really shouldn't of had him do that before the "career ending deadly" match. Should have done it on Raw.

Cena's cereal thing was even bloody worse. Christ, if I ever see a bloke so excited to be eating a breakfast substance, at night, before fighting in a deadly structure, then I will personally shit into an envelope and send it to the creative team. Or the advertisers. Or maybe both.

He wasn't excited though was he? He was taking the p**s out of what The Rock said about him. He wasn't seriously meant to be enjoying the cereal.

You know what?

Right now, the card for Wrestlemania is looking less interesting than the card for TNA Against All Odds was, which is one of TNA's minor PPVs.

That's not a good state of affairs for WWE.

Lolz, don't be a dick. two matches have been announced. Del Rio vs Edge and Miz vs Cena, fresh main eventers vs established guys, its good to me.

Archived