Elimination Chamber Discussion

Super Cena

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know a Cena win was the more likely result, but for the love of shit, I hope whoever wins MITB cashes it in after the WWE Championship match. I know it'll be a tad like WrestleMania IX, but I'd sooner have the main event get made redundant within mere minutes of finishing than have Cena leave as champion. This really could be one of the tamest WrestleManias ever.

Pretty predictable results overall but I liked the surprise returns and the Raw Elimination Chamber was brilliant to watch despite the result. The GM emailing about Punk getting put back in after his pod didn't open properly allowing Orton to take him out and then eliminate him was great. Punk's leg looked very painful at the end too, not in a serious injury way, just in an uncomfortable pain way, I'm sure pretty much everyone has had grazes like that at some point, a little like a carpet burn type thing and they hurt like hell.

I'd say it was pretty decent really, nothing groundbreaking though, possibly the Tough Enough return was the biggest shock but it was cool to see the run in following the Smackdown Elimination Chamber too.

In response to Stug: The winner could or might even enter into the match to make it a three way match but unless they were a very very nice guy I couldn't see them doing that instead of running down following the match when whoever they're challenging is feeling a bit beat up after competing.

I thought that was an absolutely incredible PPV! Really enjoyed it. All the matches were good, I expected cena/miz/edge to win but I got into all the near falls. Really enjoyable show.

Really stoked for WrestleMania now! Raw should be epic tomorrow night with everything that is rumoured to go down. WWE is awesome at the moment.

I think they got the two halves of the ppv switched as i personally thought the first half was much better. miz and cena while two of raws biggest names are not interesting me in the slightest for one of the main event spots of mania. same really for edge and del rio the only way i'd get into it as much as i should now is if they add christian to the match. here's hoping they do something immense for undertakers streak match as along with the rock and potential match involving trish are the main draws this year for me.

I do like Cena, I really do. I enjoy his matches, I enjoy certain promos, I admire his work ethic. But christ almighty, not even Hulk Hogan had this many WWE Title matches at Wrestlemania. The only thing that excites me about this is the possible involvement of The Rock, but that'll probably just end up with him twatting The Miz and celebrating with Cena.

Pretty decent PPV overall though. I enjoyed both chamber matches, and I am more than happy with Gabrel & future WWE Champion Heath Slater winning the Tag Titles. Plus, Edge still has a fan in me.

I echo the poster a few posts above about Mysterio too. I just have no desire to see him anymore. Everytime I see him I just can't look passed that horrible birthday segment for his daughter last year.

Also, did anyone see the way the rain was falling in the 2.21.11 video? It clearly pointed to Sting.

rey mysterio needs to retire or go on a Legends contract, I agree with the other guy, it was such a bore seeing him set the 619 up about 50times, for it to have no effect because its a shit finisher, I enjoyed the SD! EC apart from him and they overkilled it with the finishers at the end, how about they stop all these kicking out of finishers 5times and surprise me by winning a match without the finisher, I thought Edge was going to do it with the submission move, but nope.

SuperCena winning is no surprise cant say Im hyped in anyway to see The Miz vs Cena, just have no interest, I fully expect another super human victory for that too.

Its a good job The Rock is at WM, thats the only thing Im liking about it so far, and it was cool to see Trish back even though she botched, she aint been in a ring for ages, she seems to have aged abit too, but I'd still smash her.

This PPV was a meh, not totally awful, but sure as not worth staying up for!

As extreme as this sounds, tonight has helped me decide not to buy Wrestlemania. The run up has been so painfully predictable, barring The Rock's comeback. The '2/21/11' video tonight may as well have had the Undertaker open the door and welcome us in. For me, there really is nothing WWE can do to get myself excited for WM now.

• Paid Members

All of you who are moaning about it being predictable can hush up. This line-up to Mania makes loads of sense storyline wise and leads to a very strong card overall. I do agree that Christian being added and it being a triple threat could be interesting though. And it'd give Del Rio someone to go over so his feud with Edge can be dragged out a bit longer.

Fantastic show through and through. Morrison and Drew really shone tonight I thought, I hope one of the two walks out of Mania with a MITB briefcase.

The first PPV i've watched in a while and i enjoyed it and now getting excited for WM the only thing i'm not really looking forward to is Miz vs Cena because, ok Cena hasn't had a title match for a while (correct me if i'm wrong) but he doesn't need it, should have went to someone else.

Was really impressed with Morrison in the match as i never really understood the fuss about him until now.

Was bit obvious that edge was going to retain and i'm glad, didn't want to see another Mysterio title reign because like others i find him boring now, he should just buggar off and have his knee surgery then he might become a bit more exciting again when he gets back from it.

The other matches were good as well, opener was surprisingly good helped getting me into the PPV. The tag team match was probably the least interesting match to me, don't know why but there never seems to be anything exciting about them now. Miz vs Lawler best part was Miz getting shoved into Cole mostly because it shut him up for a bit.

Looks like Orton vs Punk will be added to WM card

• Paid Members

There was 7 of us watching it and we all loved it up until the horrible Lawler match and the Raw Chamber. Both really dull, some of us nearly fell asleep during the chamber. The first 3/4 of the show were mint though.

I tuned into the stream late and only caught it from the Miz/Lawler match, don't suppose anyone has a replaying stream where I can catch the first half of the show? By reports it was pretty awesome, Christian is one of my favourite wrestlers and Trish is one of my favourite Divas, plus the SD Chamber looks ace.

From what I did see, Miz vs Lawler was much better than I anticipated. Was hoping to see somebody cost Lawler the match to set up a Wrestlemania match, but looks like they might be just going with Cole vs Lawler at WM. Ugh. The Raw Chamber match was good, and I loved Orton's run of dominance, looked like a right badass for a while. Predictable ending, but the right one. And I couldn't help but be disappointed with Morrison. He was good, I just expected him to do more with the Parkour stuff. The big drop looked really choreographed but clumsily executed, and all the other stuff was just a rip off of what RVD did in the first Chamber match almost 9 years ago. (Damn, can't believe it's been that long)

Incase anyone is interested in John Cena's WrestleMania career:

(Cena's first 'Mania) WrestleMania XX - The Big Show © vs John Cena for the WWE United States Championship (Cena won)

WrestleMania 21 - John "Bradshaw" Layfield © vs John Cena for the WWE Championship (Cena won)

WrestleMania 22 - John Cena © vs. Triple H for the WWE Championship (Cena won)

WrestleMania 23 - John Cena © vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship (Cena won)

WrestleMania XXIV - Randy Orton © vs John Cena vs Triple H for the WWE Championship (CENA LOST! Orton won)

WrestleMania XXV - Edge © vs John Cena vs The Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship (Cena won)

WrestleMania XXVI - Batista © vs John Cena for the WWE Championship (Cena won)

So since his WrestleMania debut Cena has seen:

7 out of 7 matches on the card.

6 out of 7 victories.

7 out of 7 Championship opportunities.

6 out of 7 of which were "main event" Championships.

Archived