Elimination Chamber Discussion

Super Cena

So they're actually going through with Del Rio vs. Edge and Cena vs. The Miz as main event matches?! Christ. If it wasn't for The Rock, this year's Wrestlemania would've been the least exciting in forever. Trish made a show of herself, too.

I know what you mean, hopefully something big will happen on Raw that will change everything for the better though.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a really strange situation - look at the championship matches on a stand-alone basis and you'd forgiven for thinking this has the potential to be the most disappointing Wrestlemania ever (even though we also moan about new blood not getting the push).

However, add in The Rock will be there, Undertaker will likely be there wrestling (and possibly against another powerplayer like HHH), and it becomes exciting again.

Hogan

7 out of 7 matches on the card.

Austin:

6 out of 7 matches on the card.

Rock:

Cena:

So what you're trying to say is this could possibly be Cenas last wrestlemania. YAY!

On a serious note, im not Cenas biggest fan but i also dont hate him, the only reasons why his promos are so bad is cause they're scripted now. His wrestling ability could also be better but the some people could say the same about The Rock, Austin and definately Hogan.

The main event of Mania will be whatever Takers match will be whether its against Barrett (think that ideas been dropped now), HHH or even to please some people...Sting. Although i wouldnt mind Cena vs Miz being the main event and i wouldnt mind Del Rio vs Edge to main event it, Edge and Cena have been there before and Del Rio and Miz deserve to be there (Del Rio more in my opinion though). All in all, i cant see this being the best Mania ever, but i cant see it being the worst Ever.

Back onto Chamber talk, did anyone else feel embarrassed watching Trish on the mic?

I know it's a bad thing to dislike Cena nowdays since hating him got switched for defending him in the coolness stakes but his win last night just took the air right out of me and reminded me that no matter how much I like WWE right now, no matter how much The Rock layeths the verbal smackethdown and no matter how much the threat of a glorious Diesel appearance or Triple H return is imminent John Cena will still be there as the same character he was for the past six years winning the same match he has always been winning for the past six years.

I don't care it it's good business. Or if it's 'right'. Speaking from a personal perspective it's fucking boring and I would greatley appreciate some sort of change. Other than that I enjoyed the show last night even if they done that filler thing I really dislike that would have been better served on what is looking to be a really exciting Raw tonight. The SmackDown & Raw elimination chambers were both equally entertaining even if the UNBREAKABLE GLASS spot does make me want to pull my hair out everytime it's done, the Jerry Lawler/Miz stuff played out exactly as I would have expected, and the opener was a nice if a little generic WWE match.

Also were WWE actually namechecking a brand last night constantly during the elimination chamber matches? I can't for the life of me even remember the word but they kept calling those pods by a very specific name.

I completely agree. I'm not a Cena fan and I'm also not one of those who hate him but I'm just incredibly bored with him.

It's incredible how over he still is when you think he hasn't changed the slightest thing about his gimmick in 5 or 6 years and that he has pretty much done everything there is for him to do with wrestling.

On a side not what did people think of Booker T? I want to like him but he was getting annoying.

• Paid Members
Hogan

86 - Main event, world title (won)

87 - Main event, world title (won)

88 - Main event (draw)

89 - Main event, world title (won)

90 - Main event, world title (lost)

91 - Main event, world title (won)

92 - Main event (won)

5 out of 7 victories.

5 out of 7 Championship opportunities. (lets not be technical over WM4 okay)

5 out of 7 of which were "main event" championships.

7 out of 7 of which were "main event" matches.

Hogan was the main attraction at all 11 of his WrestleMania matches though, something you cant say about Cena. I doubt many would say he was the most pushed at in 2008, 2009 or 2010. And depending on this years Undertaker match, its not certain the Miz vs Cena will be the last match or the most pushed main event on television.

Back onto Chamber talk, did anyone else feel embarrassed watching Trish on the mic?

No, she seemed pretty natural and confident on the mic to me.

Sadly she let herself down doing that upside down headscissory thing, bless her.

Still, I hope we get Tough Enough as I loved the original format and am excited about its return.

• Paid Members

Sadly she let herself down doing that upside down headscissory thing, bless her.

Still, I hope we get Tough Enough as I loved the original format and am excited about its return.

All of us that watched it here cringed when she started talking. Even moreso when she tried to do her moves and botched them.

All of us that watched it here cringed when she started talking. Even moreso when she tried to do her moves and botched them.

Fair enough.

Yes, she botched the headscissors - Chick Kick and Stratusfaction [which, admittedly, is more Michelle McCool doing the work than Trish] were fine, however.

Do think a Kelly and Trish v LayCool match at Mania would be pretty cool though.

• Paid Members

What should she pack to cut better promos that the shite she did last night? I didnt mind her fucking up a move, because thats second nature when your watching woman's wrestling. But she was usually great when she was on the microphone. I can only imagine years of appearing on shit television shows has killed all her promo ability and now she's one of the crowd.

What should she pack to cut better promos that the shite she did last night? I didnt mind her fucking up a move, because thats second nature when your watching woman's wrestling. But she was usually great when she was on the microphone. I can only imagine years of appearing on shit television shows has killed all her promo ability and now she's one of the crowd.

Im so glad im not the only one that thought that.

Archived