The Non-league footy thread

spartan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to love the Premier Cup!

Remember us beating Cardiff City's reserves at Farrar Road, before narrowly losing to Wrexham in the semi finals. A very young Ben Foster with some fine saves to keep the score at 1-0.

Didn't Bangor win at Ninian Park in an earlier season with an absolute wonder strike?

Enjoyed watching this the other day. Just incredible!

• Paid Members
Didn't Bangor win at Ninian Park in an earlier season with an absolute wonder strike?

We did indeed. I wasn't there myself, but remember it well : Scan forward to around 1.20 in this clip -

I really miss Barry Town in the League of Wales. Even though they were annoying and won everything back in the day, i'd rather them in the league than half the teams who struggle to get crowds of 200 every week.

We did indeed. I wasn't there myself, but remember it well : Scan forward to around 1.20 in this clip -

I really miss Barry Town in the League of Wales. Even though they were annoying and won everything back in the day, i'd rather them in the league than half the teams who struggle to get crowds of 200 every week.

Saw a fair few of those goals in person. A pretty great collection there actually. Darren Hilditch, there's one for Bangor folklore I imagine. His celebration matched the goal too!

Barry won't be back anytime soon. They got taken over by a guy who made out he was a property developer and a barrister. Only it soon turned out he'd merely inherited a house and that he was struck off from the bar for "gross misconduct". He's since banned fundraising, supporters and the supporters club itself, while promising to launch a club website in Japanese and hold regular Latvian and salsa evenings. He also proposed a 40,000 seater stadium out of town, complete with its own art gallery. Make of that what you will!

Anyone seen Matlock Town play recently? We've apparently signed striker Ross Hannah from them and was wondering if anyone knew what he was like? He seems to have scored a fair few goals in recent seasons.

Yes.

He has been amazing for them.

35+ goals a season for Matlock recently.

Our playoff chances (Colwyn Bay) have gone through the roof now that he's left Matlock.

Thank you :D

Just checked Ross Hannah out on Fm2011 his stats look pretty good & rated at 3k Im currently Feynoord so I wont sign him for them but I might sign him for another team next time I start a new game, his goalscoring record is really good, who signed him from Matlock then.

Just checked Ross Hannah out on Fm2011 his stats look pretty good & rated at 3k Im currently Feynoord so I wont sign him for them but I might sign him for another team next time I start a new game, his goalscoring record is really good, who signed him from Matlock then.

Torquay.

Friendly with one of the upper echelons of fans at Matlock, he says it's not a done deal yet though.

Some deals are odd & announced earlier than they should. For example - we signed a player from Rhyl only for him to never play for us & go back to Rhyl. It was announced in the paper but then a fan stumped up his wages for the year to remain at Rhyl!

Went to Chester that guy at the end of the season.

Torquay.

Friendly with one of the upper echelons of fans at Matlock, he says it's not a done deal yet though.

Some deals are odd & announced earlier than they should. For example - we signed a player from Rhyl only for him to never play for us & go back to Rhyl. It was announced in the paper but then a fan stumped up his wages for the year to remain at Rhyl!

Thanks for the info. Nothing official was announced but a guy in the know on one of the Torquay forums (who is usually pretty reliable) said that we were signing him for a nominal fee as he's out of contract at the end of the season. He apparently was with the squad at our game last night but the current word appears to be that Matlock have in the end decided to reject our bid and he's in their squad for their game tonight.

I hope this doesn't slip through the cracks as along with his record someone on the forum posted highlights of a Matlock match against FC United where he scored twice and set one or two up and he looked pretty good.

Torquay.

Thanks for the info. Nothing official was announced but a guy in the know on one of the Torquay forums (who is usually pretty reliable) said that we were signing him for a nominal fee as he's out of contract at the end of the season. He apparently was with the squad at our game last night but the current word appears to be that Matlock have in the end decided to reject our bid and he's in their squad for their game tonight.

I hope this doesn't slip through the cracks as along with his record someone on the forum posted highlights of a Matlock match against FC United where he scored twice and set one or two up and he looked pretty good.

Scored another tonight against Whitby. 2-1. Matlock now second in the table, Bay down to third :(.

The latest to rumble from Matlock is that you are taking him on loan until the end of the season.

• Paid Members

Ashley Ward wants to buy Wrexham! That's an odd one. Maybe that's going to be the new Ferrari/Hummer/Diamond encrusted Rolex? All these rich footballers buying small clubs in their retirement and renaming them. Giggs United vs. FC Becks in the Ryman Premier anyone?

Archived