The Non-league footy thread

spartan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pathetic decision by the Wrexham board.

Won't go as far as to say i'm a Wrexham 'fan' per-se, but have been spotted at the Racecourse once or twice every season since I was a kid, so always keep an eye out for them.

Stephanie Booth had the influential Wrexham Supporters Club on board, and things were looking up.

Balls :(

See yesterday that a touted Wrexham Buyer & former Chester Owner Stephen Vaughan is now serving at her Maj's pleasure?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

In other news - Colwyn Bay won 3-2 vs Ossett Town. Proper football ground, but some scroat was chanting throughout the game "Lets fuck these sheep shagging boyos!". Pathetic. Think he had a bit of a screw loose.

Also I'm a bit narked - I buy badges from every ground I've been to, but Ossett Town didn't have any on sale (think they sold out). Anybody have any contacts for where to buy badges?

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Still shattered after TNA last night, but me and my mates always make a big deal of Welsh Cup matches so we're off to see our beloved Citizens of Bangor City, play Connah's Quay Nomads and even taking the old fashioned Football Special. Kick off at 3pm and live on S4C TV if anyone's bored. ( Channel 184 in England I think)

• Paid Members

Welcome to my world! Watching Bangor home (and sometimes away) is the purest form of real Football I know of. Love it!

Have you figured out the red/green button option for English commentary? I don't expect you're fluent in the language of the gods after 45 mins!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my first non-league game since Stevenage got into the Football League the other week when I saw Guernsey win 6-5 at Rye United in the FA Vase.

Mental game, reminded me why the non-league is so good.

Still not convinced how Guernsey can stay in the English system long-term, though.

Archived