UKFF You Think You're Funny But You're Not Award 2010

tiger_rick

Who thinks they are funny but is wrong?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Butch is only in here because people are probably still butt hurt from him winning funniest poster last year.

Perhaps, him being painfully unfunny doesn't hurt though.

You should be thankful you're not in this poll then or you'd have him mullered.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butch is only in here because people are probably still butt hurt from him winning funniest poster last year.

Perhaps, him being painfully unfunny doesn't hurt though.

You should be thankful you're not in this poll then or you'd have him mullered.

LOL~

I see what you did there. By implying my participation in something I wasn't nominated for and then implying I would win you made a funny.

• Moderators
Dangerously420

President Barack Obama was informed that that he was going to be receving a papal visit from the Vatican. He replied back to one of his close aides that "I aint ordered not italian shit from ebay ni**a".

The joke in question has went over peoples heads here. The joke was not mine and in fact came from another forum that had a forum about ebay.

The joke was an attempt to have people think of the word "paypal" being very similar to the word "papal" meaning "Of, relating to, or issued by a pope" The joke was meant as a toungue in cheek way of linking the paypal service with ebay to the pope. I never actually in full said the offending word as it was a tounge in cheek joke indicated by the asterisks *.

He really should be on the Dolt ballot for this post. But, quite the opposite to the purpose of this award, I thought this was one of the most fantastically unintentionally hilarious posts I've ever read.

• Paid Members

Has anyone won Funniest Poster and not been nominated for 'Think you're funny' the following year?

There was a guy I knew once with brain damage who ended up doing some acting. There was an element of it being an enormous achievement, but he was sadly shit. However, on the first night on one of his shows, his delivery of one of the punchlines in his dialogue was magnificent. It got an enormous laugh, and it was mainly because he didn't know the line was funny, so he said it with just the right level of unknowing humour.

The following night, and for the rest of the run, he knew it was funny. So he delivered it as a punchline. And it died. And he couldn't understand it - the line was funny, and he was trying really hard. It got utterly painful to watch, and the worst thing was that just didn't get it.

I think it's the same with the 'funny' winners. They think they've got this comedy thing cracked, and it goes from Phoenix Nights to Max and Paddy.

And the only thing worse than that? Someone who's watched that happen and attempts to try, really really hard, to do the same kind of comedy.

• Paid Members

I don't think it applies to Butch. He nearly won both last year, he just divides opinion.

At least Butch does provide some good insight. Someone like "Just Me" never did anything but post one liners. It was OK at first but after a while, just irritating.

• Paid Members
I don't think it applies to Butch. He nearly won both last year, he just divides opinion.

At least Butch does provide some good insight. Someone like "Just Me" never did anything but post one liners. It was OK at first but after a while, just irritating.

Whatever happened to Just Me? I liked him, but on the rare occasions he posted something series it was hard to take seriously, I was looking for the joke and not sure if it wasn't there or I just didn't get it :(

• Paid Members
His post in the infamous Lexx thread was the funniest thing he ever wrote. Real "If I can be serious for a minute" hilarity.

Didn't think we was allowed to even mention this no more?

• Moderators
Oh fuck I'm going to prison now aren't I?

I fucking hope not. That lame clown avatar thing was bad enough for 30 days. 20 years* (possibility of parole in 15) would be terrible.

*That's what happened to Just Me. He mentioned that thread, but he won't be getting out though. He's dead. From rape.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Paid Members

Nah, the clown campaign was great. The best thing was several mongs going, "UGH I DUN TELL WHO IZ WHO NOW??!"

I'm almost sad that Family Guy PMSL isn't winning this. He really is crap on every level.