Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 9, 2011 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2011 Butch is only in here because people are probably still butt hurt from him winning funniest poster last year. Perhaps, him being painfully unfunny doesn't hurt though. You should be thankful you're not in this poll then or you'd have him mullered.
Yoghurt Posted January 9, 2011 Posted January 9, 2011 Butch is only in here because people are probably still butt hurt from him winning funniest poster last year. Perhaps, him being painfully unfunny doesn't hurt though. You should be thankful you're not in this poll then or you'd have him mullered. LOL~ I see what you did there. By implying my participation in something I wasn't nominated for and then implying I would win you made a funny.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 10, 2011 Moderators Posted January 10, 2011 Dangerously420 President Barack Obama was informed that that he was going to be receving a papal visit from the Vatican. He replied back to one of his close aides that "I aint ordered not italian shit from ebay ni**a". The joke in question has went over peoples heads here. The joke was not mine and in fact came from another forum that had a forum about ebay. The joke was an attempt to have people think of the word "paypal" being very similar to the word "papal" meaning "Of, relating to, or issued by a pope" The joke was meant as a toungue in cheek way of linking the paypal service with ebay to the pope. I never actually in full said the offending word as it was a tounge in cheek joke indicated by the asterisks *. He really should be on the Dolt ballot for this post. But, quite the opposite to the purpose of this award, I thought this was one of the most fantastically unintentionally hilarious posts I've ever read.
Paid Members Chris B Posted January 10, 2011 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2011 Has anyone won Funniest Poster and not been nominated for 'Think you're funny' the following year? There was a guy I knew once with brain damage who ended up doing some acting. There was an element of it being an enormous achievement, but he was sadly shit. However, on the first night on one of his shows, his delivery of one of the punchlines in his dialogue was magnificent. It got an enormous laugh, and it was mainly because he didn't know the line was funny, so he said it with just the right level of unknowing humour. The following night, and for the rest of the run, he knew it was funny. So he delivered it as a punchline. And it died. And he couldn't understand it - the line was funny, and he was trying really hard. It got utterly painful to watch, and the worst thing was that just didn't get it. I think it's the same with the 'funny' winners. They think they've got this comedy thing cracked, and it goes from Phoenix Nights to Max and Paddy. And the only thing worse than that? Someone who's watched that happen and attempts to try, really really hard, to do the same kind of comedy.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 10, 2011 Author Paid Members Posted January 10, 2011 I don't think it applies to Butch. He nearly won both last year, he just divides opinion. At least Butch does provide some good insight. Someone like "Just Me" never did anything but post one liners. It was OK at first but after a while, just irritating.
Paid Members DJ Kris Posted January 10, 2011 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2011 I don't think it applies to Butch. He nearly won both last year, he just divides opinion. At least Butch does provide some good insight. Someone like "Just Me" never did anything but post one liners. It was OK at first but after a while, just irritating. Whatever happened to Just Me? I liked him, but on the rare occasions he posted something series it was hard to take seriously, I was looking for the joke and not sure if it wasn't there or I just didn't get it
Moderators neil Posted January 10, 2011 Moderators Posted January 10, 2011 His White Knighting of forum girls was the funniest stuff.
Mr. Seven Posted January 10, 2011 Posted January 10, 2011 His post in the infamous Lexx thread was the funniest thing he ever wrote. Real "If I can be serious for a minute" hilarity.
Paid Members Deaq Posted January 10, 2011 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2011 His post in the infamous Lexx thread was the funniest thing he ever wrote. Real "If I can be serious for a minute" hilarity. Didn't think we was allowed to even mention this no more?
Moderators neil Posted January 10, 2011 Moderators Posted January 10, 2011 Mr Seven is allowed. No one else is. In fact, merely quoting Mr Seven mentioning it could get you in trouble. Might want to edit that post Deaq.
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted January 11, 2011 Moderators Posted January 11, 2011 (edited) Oh fuck I'm going to prison now aren't I? I fucking hope not. That lame clown avatar thing was bad enough for 30 days. 20 years* (possibility of parole in 15) would be terrible. *That's what happened to Just Me. He mentioned that thread, but he won't be getting out though. He's dead. From rape. Edited January 11, 2011 by Woyzeck
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 12, 2011 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2011 Nah, the clown campaign was great. The best thing was several mongs going, "UGH I DUN TELL WHO IZ WHO NOW??!" I'm almost sad that Family Guy PMSL isn't winning this. He really is crap on every level.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 12, 2011 Author Paid Members Posted January 12, 2011 Nah, the clown campaign was great. They must have redefined "great" recently. Those Oxford dictionary bastards have got nowt else to do.
Recommended Posts