CZW discussion

Mock-The-Cross

• Paid Members
d7-4.png

That Dre tune he walks out to still sounds as cool as fuck today

And it really is. I'm far from a new jack fan, but it is cool as fuck when he comes wondering out to that.

That and those promos he did on the Baldies walking around New York. And that one about being stabbed in the arse and wanting to fuck rhino's shit up.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more thoughts and words from the happenings at Cage of Death 14. If anyone would like to read my review of the first half of the card, it can be found on the previous page here, and in the deathmatch thread.

BLK OUT (Ruckus & Sabian) w / Robbie Mireno vs Ohio is 4 Killers (Jake Crist & Dave Crist)

Security were quickly on the scene to prevent Sabian from striking a fan before the action got under way here. Sabian was stood on the ring apron wanking himself off under his trunks whilst mouthing off to the fan, who then responded by either spitting or throwing chewing gum at the Black Jeez. The Yellow shirted security crew (and Maven Bentley) were quickly on the scene though, and it appeared the situation had been defused.

The match itself seemed as though it would be nothing to write home about. There was a couple of minutes of semi disjointed, almost sloppy action, but things were about to change for the worse moments later. Black Jeez seemingly flipped and went into business for himself, refusing to lock up or work with Jake Crist in the ring. Things went even further South when Sabian spat in the face of Crist's wife, which Crist himself took great exception too and instantly attacked Sabian in retaliation. Within seconds, Robbie Mireno, Dave Crist, Ruckus and Jake's wife were all in the ring trying to separate the two. The situation then descended into a mass brawl as security rushed back out to attempt to gain control of the situation.

Though the crowd were buying it, my instant reaction was

• Paid Members

God, Sabian is really the fucking worst. Can't believe he's been booked for so long. Completely useless in the ring and seems to be a complete dick too. Always starting shit with the fans. A good heel doesn't need to physically touch a fan to get heat.

Ruckus is awful as well but in a strangely funny way. I love the story of Super Dragon yelling at him backstage telling him how terrible he was when he beat Ruckus for the belt at COD7.

• Paid Members

Masada is one guy I just can't get behind. This whole 'unstoppable' monster gimmick/ push has been going since he debuted and it got tired when we all realised that the guy seldom takes a single fucking bump. In deathmatch wrestling, no less.

The argument could be brought up that he is going to bump like a motherfucker for whomever CZW chooses to dethrone him, thus making it seem more special when he finally loses the strap . However, he has rarely bumped for anyone since the start of his CZW run, let alone this current push. I remember his TOD appearances, especially the one he won, where he did practically jack shit. This would work in a regular wrestling world, where being unstoppable in normal matches leads to you getting a bit of a kicking from an up-and-comer in gimmick matches, but in the realm of 'ultraviolence' it just makes Masada look selfish and unwilling.

I do hope it goes somewhere though , and we get a brilliant underdog story as Masada is taken down and makes up for all the years of being that one backyarder who won't take a back bump on the grass.

TONIGHT!

12573_587534797938837_778249024_n.jpg

Updated card for Combat Zone's return to the Flyer's Skate Zone tonight -

CZW Heavyweight title

Masada vs Joe Gacy

CZW Tag Titles

Danny Havoc & Devon Moore vs 2 members of the Campaign for a Better Combat Zone

CZW TV title

AR Fox vs Lucky 13

Azrieal & Bandido Jr. vs Dalton Castle & Colin Delaney

Jessie Brooks vs Ezavel Suena

Sugar Dunkerton & Aaron Epic vs. Eric Corvis & Nicholas Kaye

Chris Brooks (UK) vs Shane Hollister vs Chuck Taylor vs Alex Reynolds

Jake Crist & Dave Crist vs Dustin Rayz & Eric Ryan

As I said before, this card doesn't look like it will have enough hardcore attractions to draw my money this time. Is anyone else planning on getting the event? I'd be interested to read a review of the show if anyone that is purchasing it fancies knocking one together?

I wonder how much of a beating Gacy will take in the main event? I know he's a tough bastard, but if he wants to remain towards the top of the card he could do without being made to look like another bitch for Masada in this one. I really can't see any other result than the champion steam rolling him though.

Masada is one guy I just can't get behind. This whole 'unstoppable' monster gimmick/ push has been going since he debuted and it got tired when we all realised that the guy seldom takes a single fucking bump. In deathmatch wrestling, no less.

The argument could be brought up that he is going to bump like a motherfucker for whomever CZW chooses to dethrone him, thus making it seem more special when he finally loses the strap . However, he has rarely bumped for anyone since the start of his CZW run, let alone this current push. I remember his TOD appearances, especially the one he won, where he did practically jack shit. This would work in a regular wrestling world, where being unstoppable in normal matches leads to you getting a bit of a kicking from an up-and-comer in gimmick matches, but in the realm of 'ultraviolence' it just makes Masada look selfish and unwilling.

I do hope it goes somewhere though , and we get a brilliant underdog story as Masada is taken down and makes up for all the years of being that one backyarder who won't take a back bump on the grass.

Agreed, whenever Masada comes out my head goes down because I know he'll beat the sh1t out of his opponent and refuse to sell or bump for the most part. Also, his "promos", whilst fiery seem to consist of "fucking killing" a billion times over in different variations.

Masada, well there is a name that brings back memories. Werent he involved in the Carnage Crew feud in ROH in 2003/2004 or something ?

Saw this from a write up about CZW's most recent show.....

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Christina Von Eerie attacked Masada with a barbed wire bat and challenge him to a death match at the next show on 2/9 in Voorhees at Flyers Skate Zone

If true, girl's got some guts, I'll give her that.

Saw this from a write up about CZW's most recent show.....

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Christina Von Eerie attacked Masada with a barbed wire bat and challenge him to a death match at the next show on 2/9 in Voorhees at Flyers Skate Zone

If truse, girl's got some guts, I'll give her that.

I'm already cringing, I'm going to have to give that a watch though just to see how much of a car crash it'll be.

I should read through this thread more often, i haven't been into Deathmatches for a few years but i was hugely into them in the early to mid 00's ever since i saw people advertising FMW tapes online. Mr Pogo was shit but for some reason i loved the guy, the first guy I'd recreate on the old Smackdowns.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived