CZW discussion

Mock-The-Cross

Anyone caught Tournament Of Death XII yet? I've just gotten hold of it, hoping to get it watched over the next few days or so.

I've downloaded it myself but having watched it yet. It the one CZW show I make sure I check out every year even if I watch nothing else they do.Does anyone know if Snitsky's back acne's spoiler was true and if so did it ever happen?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I watched it a few days back. Was going to post about it in the Deathmatch thread, but it turns out its been put in Gold. Was thinking about starting a new Deathmatch topic and posting some pics from it, but then realised Richie will probably be doing it (far better than me) soon anyway.Was a decent show, but nothing great. Some decent first round matches, and the final was very violent. The strangest thing I remember was the weird choice of gimmicks for the semi finals. Most times, you build up the level of gimmicks for each round, ie, Semi's have better gimmicks than 1st Round, Final has better gimmick than Semi's. For this show, though, one of the gimmicks for the Semi final was one trolley of weapons, and that was it. Looked really bad, and as if it was a last minute change.

• 5 months later...

This isn't the most active of threads but just a heads up that CZWs Wrestlemania show, Cage of Death, takes place this evening at approx. 12.30 our time. You can watch it live on iPPV over at RF Video. I'm going to be watching, COD is nearly always worth a watch. Here's the card:

Cage of Death

Nation of Intoxication (DANNY HAVOC, DEVON MOORE & LUCKY 13)

v.

DREW BLOOD, MATT TREMONT, RON MATHIS & RORY MONDO

CZW World Heavyweight Championship

The Campaign's DREW GULAK © v. the returning CHRIS HERO

CZW World Tag-team Championship

BLK-OUT (RUCKUS & BLK JEEZ) w/ ROBBIE MIRENO

v.

Juicy Product (JT DUNN & DAVID STARR)

CZW Wired TV Championship

Murderers' Row ALEX COLON © v. SHANE STRICKLAND

#1 Contender for the Tag Titles

Murderers' Row (AZRIEAL & BANDIDO JR) w/ CHRISSY RIVERA

v.

The Beaver Boys (ALEX REYNOLDS & JOHNNY SILVER)

Showcase Scramble

AR FOX v. ANDREW EVERETT v. CHUCK TAYLOR v. TONY NESE

Tag Team War

OI4K (JAKE CRIST, DAVE CRIST & NEVAEH)

v.

CZW Owner DJ HYDE & The Front's SOZIO & BIFF BUSICK

CHRIS DICKINSON v. DAVEY RICHARDS

GREG EXCELLENT w/MOMMA EXCELLENT

v.

CHERRY BOMB's Backup... $5 Wrestling's FREIGHT TRAIN

The Campaign's KIMBER LEE v. CHRISTINA VON EERIE

Davey Richard wrestling for CZW lol.

Couldn't believe this when I first heard about it. Appears Davey is totally finished with ROH after the very public airing of grievances from both parties. CZW show is not far away from where I am as I'm in New York for Final Battle. Be interesting to see how the attendance for Cage of Death does up against Final Battle, although they are two different types of promotion so they should attract different fans.

Yeah I know CZW aint liked it used to be, I just found it funny that Davey Richards was at the bottom of a CZW card after doing so well in ROH, PWG and in Japan, if I was CZW I would of had Davey Richards against Gulak and Hero in a triple threat match or put Richards against someone higher up the card.

The guy he's facing has been a main-event guy in shows past, so it's not like he's "near the bottom of the card". Sometimes they put big name guys on first so they can brag "look how packed **INSERT SHOW HERE** is, when this is our opening contest". Wrestlemania has ran off that logic for absolutely years.

Archived