CZW discussion

Mock-The-Cross

This may well die on its arse..for those of wanting to discuss the goings-on, can use this thread! So to start...anybody excited by the eventuality of AR. Fox vs Rich Swann? And what about the latest booking of Greg Excellent, from getting the pinfall in the main event at A Tangled Web 3, to basically being squashed by Nick Gage(who, by the way should stick to his skinhead). Anyways discuss, or not!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked CZW but will be the first to admit when it's been horrendous to watch, but, since DJ Hyde took over last year the shows have got increasingly better.

In previous years there really has felt like no real direction for the company at all, but DJ has sorted out the rift caused between Zandig and BJW, he's now got working relationships with JAPW and WXW and certainly seems to have some sort of plan in place for story lines and characters with Ego dropping the mask and Drake Younger turning heel and being 'The Golden Boy'.

He got rid of the horrible Iron Man/New Horror championship and introduced the Wired TV title, that belt actually means something.

Nick Gage brought back the UVU title from Germany and I'm looking forward to him defending it at COD.

I think with regards to Greg Excellent, he's trying to prove his worth to DJ but DJ is having none of it. Hence him calling out Gage last month and being destroyed. Id imagine its leading to a Greg heel turn and a serious side of him coming out.

All in all I'm looking forward to COD and i'm excited to see whats in store for the new year.

Oh and yes, Nick Gage should always have a shaved head.

Ego lost the mask? Huh. Was hoping ROH would have given him a larger shot by now.

I have been impressed to find out that guys like Adam Cole and Rich Swann came from CZW, so I hope CZW can keep introducing guys like this instead of that photographer from a couple of years back.

While I am fans of guys like Cole, Callihan, Younger & Moxley, the CZW product as a whole isn't something that really interests me and I find that these guys are entertaining in other feds so I have no need to check out their CZW work.

No it's just shit.

Ok, it's not very popular really at the moment? Is that better. I have no interest in the product. I guess I am now grumpy and older, and can't be arsed watching any indies, what with UFC/WEC and the shitty habit that is WWE I have no time for 'CZ-DUB'.

It was good between 2001-2004 I cant judge after that cos I stopped watching it but I might start watching it again, what I liked about CZW was the crazy moves, the gory harccore stuff, COD matches alone were good back in the day, I really liked the Backseat Boyz they were the best indy tag team for a long time, can someone reccomend me any recent CZW events to watch & when is the next COD

• Paid Members
Is CZW as bad as people seem to make out it is I haven't seen it so cant pass judgement

What little I watched it seemed like a direction less spot fest or shitty death matches. I may have been unlucky but it just didn't do anything for me.

I think I watched some of one TOD and it was just dreadfully paced bollocks as far as I was concerned with an OTT to much to real care about feel. It seemed all about what they did, not how they did it which just doesn't do it for me.

I'll admit that was a while back now and was only a breif "whats the beef with this CZW then" look in. I'm also not a huge indy fan if I'm honest, so I may not be the best review you'll find.

To be honest ive only watched CZW from the tail-end of last year, but I would recommend last years Cage of Death 11 for those who like ultravioence. For those of us who like more wrestling possibly High Stakes 4, and the latest event-on dvd anyways would be- Its always bloody. Yes there is some ultraviolence, but in more recent shows its been used to progress storylines (see Drake Younger/Cult fiction for example). Anyone disappointed that Ryuji Ito or Deisuke Sekimoto werent booked for Cage of death next month!?

Archived