CZW discussion

Mock-The-Cross

quote]

Has anyone got results for the show?....

Quick results:

Gran Akuma won the 6 man scramble to qualify for Best of the Best

Robert 'Ego' Anthony def Sami Callihan

Adam Cole def AR Fox to retain the CZW Junior Heavyweight title

Adam Cole def Tyler Veritas in an impromptu Junior Heavyweight title match

Sabian and Joker def The Osirian Portal to become the new CZW Tag Team champions

Jon Moxley def Homicide to retain the CZW Heavyweight title

Yuko Miyamoto def Nick Gage to become the new CZW UVU champion

Suicide Kings def Cult Fiction to win the 2010 Cage of Death match

Apparently The Briscoes are returning next month too

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Zack Sabre Jr has been announced as part of Better Than Our Best Ten.

You mean Best of the Best 10? Better than our Best was a ROH event, i think.

I'll make sure to get a copy either way as i remember the good old days of Storm and Fleisch in the 2002 event.

Zack Sabre Jr has been announced as part of Better Than Our Best Ten.

You mean Best of the Best 10? Better than our Best was a ROH event, i think.

I'll make sure to get a copy either way as i remember the good old days of Storm and Fleisch in the 2002 event.

Yes, I meant Best of the Best. I just suffered a slip of the fingers there.

Anyone got results from last nights show?

C&P'd from elsewhere (+ I have not bothered to change/correct any of the spellings of the BJW wrestlers that are coming in for the BOTB show).

DANNY HAVOC kicked off the event asking that CZW owner, DJ HYDE, to give him a match with one of the top deathmatch wrestlers in the world today, JUN KASAI. Before Hyde can respond, The "Golden Boy" himself DRAKE YOUNGER showed up to use his creative control and said that it will be Younger who will be facing Kasai this SPRING. Hyde let Younger know that it will not only be Havoc facing Jun Kasai...but that Younger will face Kasai at wXw in a NO ROPES BARBED WIRE MATCH when wXw returns to Philadelphia this SPRING. Younger had another surprise, after first being reminded of losing the CZW Title, DJ Hyde stated he will be facing the "New Age Punisher" B-BOY on February 12th at the 12th Anniversary Event! Hyde also announced to Havoc he will represent CZW at Big Japan this coming Spring!

1. AR FOX defeated the returning ORANGE CASSIDY

2. "THE WARRIOR" AKUMA w/KIMBERLY defeated JONATHAN GRESHAM

3. DEVON MOORE defeated tHURTeen in an unusually close match-up

DJ HYDE announced some names for BEST OF THE BEST in April & TOURNAMENT OF DEATH on Sat. June 25.

BEST OF THE BEST:

- Representing EVOLVE will be CHUCK TAYLOR.

- Representing wXw (Germany) will be ZACK SABRE JR.

- Representing DRAGON GATE USA will be JOHNNY GARGANO.

TOURNAMENT OF DEATH:

- Representing BIG JAPAN PRO WRESTLING will be JAKI NUWAZAWA and ASHITI ZAKATA.

The boss then addressed GREG EXCELLENT regarding Greg delivering the Tiger Driver to his own mother at Cage of Death. In a verbal lashing that must be heard to be believed, Greg tore the boss apart. After the tongue lashing, Hyde issued the challenge for the 12th Anniversary Event!

4. ALEX COLON defeated "THE NEW HORROR" SAMI CALLIHAN. With the victory, Alex Colon has taken Sami Callihan's spot in "Best of the Best X".

5. THE RUNAWAYS defeated IRISH DRIVEBY. Post match, the Runaways DESTROYED tHURTeen & were promptly suspended by CZW Promoter, MAVEN BENTLEY.

6. ADAM COLE w/MIA YIM defeated RUCKUS to retain the CZW World Junior Heavyweight Championship in an Open Challenge Match. After the match, Cole called out TYLER VERITAS, who was on guest commentary, and said he is nothing but someone playing wrestler so he can tell his friends at his day job he is a wrestler. Cole then insults his girlfriend and Veritas' unborn son! Cole and Veritas tussle back and forth, but Veritas was dropped with Cole's NEW Reverse DDT finisher.

After intermission, DEWEY DONOVAN made his way to the ring simply stating "He's here". "For Whom the Bell Tolls" blasted in the arena as who we thought was NICK GAGE came from the back. Later to be revealed as DREW GULAK impersonating the King of Ultraviolence & making a mockery of a serious situation, fans showered the TV Champion with trash and the ENTIRE SOUTH SIDE of the Arena turned their backs to Drew & his new manager, "Full Price" David Donovan.

7. PHILLY'S MOST WANTED retained the CZW World Tag Team Championship against THE BRISCOE BROTHERS when the match went to a no contest after The Blk Jeez assaulted the referee and PMW took their belts and left. However, the Bricoes made it clear that they are return to the Combat Zone on February 12th to challenge for the CZW World Tag Team Championship, but this time it will be different... It will be a NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH!

8. JON MOXLEY defeated BRODIE LEE to retain the CZW World Heavyweight Championship and sending Lee through a thumbtack-filled table!

Apparently the show was pretty bad (based on what I read on the CZWfans forums),

Didn't sound like a solid card to be fair, I don't get Colon over Callihan. Where's The Ego? Seems like the saving grace at the moment is Gulak, the heat he should be getting should be immense.

Mind you Kasai vs Danny Havoc? Yes please, but in Delaware.

• 10 months later...

Cage of Death this Saturday and its on iPPV! Anybody getting it? There's also the Indie Wrestling Summit with guys from BJW, K-Dojo and FREEDOMS in the afternoon. Here's the cards for both:

Indie Wrestling Summit

Shattered Dreams Match

BJW's JAKI NUMAZAWA & FREEDOM's Jun Kasai vs. BJW's Ryuji Ito & CZW's Danny Havoc

Triple Threat

DICK TOGO vs. KUDO vs. MASAHIRO TAKANASHI

DDT's DANSHOKU DIENO vs. CZW owner D.J. HYDE

CZW World Jr. Heavyweight Championship #1

'DEATH MACHINE' SAMI CALLIHAN

I've personally really enjoyed it for the last year or so. I went through a spell where I completely sacked it off as I found it hard to watch, but since DJ Hyde has taken over the company i've found there to be plenty of things to get into. Thats a pretty solid card for COD and im sure everyone'll go all out. Plus for $15 (or $25 for both shows) you cant argue

CZW Is slowly improving DJ Hyde has made some differences as stated above, and they are starting to get the product out there more, this years Cage of death will be streamed live (Like fistfight I'n June/July which was a succsess) for a small fee, which is a good start, & they have been connecting with other companys from Europe & japan with the recent trip to Germany going well, DJ Hyde promised they would be back there early October 2011, which seems like money isn't a huge problem at the moment for the guys. The wrestling seems to have got better and there's only one or 2 ultraviolent matches per show now, (Excluding TOD) with most of the other stuff high flying x division type stuff with guys like Sonjay Dutt. Recently. Emailed them to see what they are doing with the wired tv show, (which can be found on there website) and it looks as if they are trying to push it onto iTunes weekly, along with sellin PPVS & Other shows, on iTunes. CZW has a loyal fanbase it's not big but I believe if they where close to bein shut down due to money issues, the fanbase would do there best to support it. They do have there tv show on a small tv network only I'n philidelphia but it's got a poor time slot of around 12AM - 1AM & does poor raitings.

So is anyone going to watch Cage of death Live?

Good post :thumbsup: . Only just noticed this thread :blush: . CZW under Hyde has changed direction . It still has the hardcore side to the show BUT also gives you the straight wrestling aswell. Callihan, Ar Fox and Cole give you the wrestling matches which were not seen very often a few years ago.

Ive got 9 ppvs to watch once xmas arrives ( wife wont let me have my pressies early :( )

From this year Prelude To Violence is worth a watch if you want to see how things have changed. Though be careful because there is qualfiers for TOD 2011 ! lol

COD 13 Results

Jake Crist def Dave Crist to retain the Wired TV title

BLK OUT def The Runaways & Kimber Lee in a tables match

Drew Gulak def Derek Frasier, Alex Payne, Dustin Rayz, tHURTeen & Ryan McBride

Drake Younger def Rory Mondo

Ryuji Ito, Takashi Sasaki, Kudo & Danshoku Dino def Yoshihito Sasaki, Jaki Numazawa, Kamui & Masahiro Takanashi

Homicide & Eddie Kingston vs Philly's Most Wanted ended in a No Contest

Sami Callihan def AR Fox to retain the Jr Heavyweight title

Matt Tremont def Danny Havoc

Greg Excellent def DJ Hyde

Devon Moore def Masada, Robert Anthony & Scotty Vortekz in the Cage of Death

Archived