CZW discussion

Mock-The-Cross

The COD card does look very good, my only slight problem with it is I thought Adam Cole vs Tyler Veritas would be a sure thing considering the way they've been booked. But if im correct didn't Veritas win that 1 in 8 match a few months ago that means he can challenge for a title whenever?

Id go with an Adam Cole win followed by Veritas cashing in his title shot straight afterwards hopefully leading into a good feud for 2011 between the two with AR Fox thrown in.

Id probably also add Irish Driveby vs The Runaways for no 1 contendership and DJ vs Greg Excellent.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The COD card does look very good, my only slight problem with it is I thought Adam Cole vs Tyler Veritas would be a sure thing considering the way they've been booked. But if im correct didn't Veritas win that 1 in 8 match a few months ago that means he can challenge for a title whenever?

Id go with an Adam Cole win followed by Veritas cashing in his title shot straight afterwards hopefully leading into a good feud for 2011 between the two with AR Fox thrown in.

Id probably also add Irish Driveby vs The Runaways for no 1 contendership and DJ vs Greg Excellent.

Id agree with all that! But have AR Fox win, Veritas cashing and winning- 3-way ladder match at High Stakes, tasty!

Whats everyones feelings about Homicide in CZW? I would've thought that more of a fuss would be made about this! Having re-watched 'Its always bloody', apart from the 1st 5 minutes of the match, it was a 'meh' main event. So in short will Homicide improve the Combat Zone, did Deej get lucky or the short straw?

I like Homicide but I'm hoping he doesn't take the strap at COD. If he can only work certain shows due to other commitments then Id much rather see the title remain on Moxley or go to Sami or Ego. Guys who are there month in month out.

Anyone else really enjoy Moxley vs Ego from last month? Id have no problem seeing a rematch between those 2, throw in Sami and it could good.

Looking forward to seeing where they are going to go with 'The Warrior' Gran Akuma. Id imagine a few more squash matches before entering a feud, or maybe even DJ will feed Greg Excellent to him at COD.

I'd agree with AR Fox taking the Jr title but if Veritas was to cash in on him straight away then the crowd would turn him heel and I don't really see a point in a heel Adam Cole and Veritas unless they were tagging again.

Do you think the Switchblades would be put back together? It would kinda make sense obviously with them having history with Joe Gacy, but I thought they were going for the 'Sami is on his own' thing now?

I think I'd rather see Sami going for the world title, not sure what I'd do with Mox if he was out of the world title picture. Maybe a series with Gage again but this time for the UVU title? Or maybe even join Cult Fiction, if Drake hasn't joined which hasn't really been confirmed other than he's on their team at COD, CF could really do with someone to replace JC Bailey.

Anyways DJ has put on the official CZW forum that this years COD design is a cross between last years and COD 5: Suspended!

Massive fan of the Dj Hyde era CZW not missed a show! before that I could give or take it! But DJ has built new stars with interesting storylines and playing up to peoples strengths and hiding weaknesses.

The likes of Sabian, AR Fox, Adam Cole, Rich Swain, TBA, Ego have being having some great match

And the ultra violent stuff is being used to move on storylines not just for the sake of it

Do you think the Switchblades would be put back together? It would kinda make sense obviously with them having history with Joe Gacy, but I thought they were going for the 'Sami is on his own' thing now?

I think I'd rather see Sami going for the world title, not sure what I'd do with Mox if he was out of the world title picture. Maybe a series with Gage again but this time for the UVU title? Or maybe even join Cult Fiction, if Drake hasn't joined which hasn't really been confirmed other than he's on their team at COD, CF could really do with someone to replace JC Bailey.

Anyways DJ has put on the official CZW forum that this years COD design is a cross between last years and COD 5: Suspended!

If Moxley were to lose his title-by interference from 'Sloppy' Joe Gacy or Sami finds it hard to find a partner to fight against the runaways, that may well work. Mox and Sami are the 2 of the biggest faces there, The Runaways are a new team wanting to show dominance, what a better way to do it!

I thought they'd finished the Switchblades when Sami beat Joe at Deja Vu 5 (Which I haven't seen so forgive me if I'm wrong on that) Could seem like a step back for Sami and Mox, although it would do The Runaways the world of good.

Am I the only one who thinks The Runaways need new ring gear, both guys are hardly in shape and wearing just black trunks, black boots, black elbow and knee pads is incredibly off putting to watch.

I'm totally pumped for the actual COD match, COD 5 was awesome so if this years even comes close to that then I'm happy. I would imagine DJ has a few suprises up his sleeve aswell. Like Bailey returning last year.

I was a bit gutted they disbanded Rush Wrestling Enterprises, I thought they had a nice little undercard stable with Team Macktion, Ryan Slater and Drew Gulak.

I've just checked out Drakes page on the roster at czwrestling.com, he's got a shirt and tie on the go and his hair is either blonde (or bleached I cant quite tell) Doesn't really fit in with Cult Fiction but I'm liking the idea of him being 'The Golden Boy' with a 'fat contract' as he put it at Night of Infamy.

I wonder who Gulak will defend the Wired TV Title against?

Slightly off topic but does anyone have problems watching stuff of hybridEnt.tv the site where they show wired & fake u tv.

I have no problems with youtube, dailymotion, etc but this site always seems to lag badly for me, anyone else got the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

COD this Saturday! Strongly considering ordering the iPPV of it. Never bothered with them before but it's the choice between overtime in work or watch this and the card looks really good. Looking forward to every match in some capacity or the other. I just hope the feed doesnt cock up. Anyone else ordering?

Archived