Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I guess... but he also isn't getting caught and done for it either...

Why?

Well Season Six of Dexter on death row wouldn't really fit in the premise of the show would it? They are certainly hinting that Deb is going to find out though.

I actually rate this season a lot better than season 4. Sure, there were some amazing moments last year but there were times when it felt like they were just trying to drag things until the finale. This season has built so well that I still can't believe there's only a couple of episodes left. It was only a few episodes ago that Dexter first suspected that Jordan Chase was involved in the killings and only this episode did we find out his reasons for it. Really great stuff.

Here's a thought that just occured to me: What are the chances the killings will get pinned on Liddy? A recently fired Cop would fit in with Deb's vigilante theory and he's also been in the vicinity at every murder except for Boyd's.

I guess... but he also isn't getting caught and done for it either...

Why?

Well Season Six of Dexter on death row wouldn't really fit in the premise of the show would it? They are certainly hinting that Deb is going to find out though.

I actually rate this season a lot better than season 4. Sure, there were some amazing moments last year but there were times when it felt like they were just trying to drag things until the finale. This season has built so well that I still can't believe there's only a couple of episodes left. It was only a few episodes ago that Dexter first suspected that Jordan Chase was involved in the killings and only this episode did we find out his reasons for it. Really great stuff.

Here's a thought that just occured to me: What are the chances the killings will get pinned on Liddy? A recently fired Cop would fit in with Deb's vigilante theory and he's also been in the vicinity at every murder except for Boyd's.

I think it would possibly be too similar to season 2 with things being pinned on Doakes. Anyway, great season, really loving it and very happy that there'll be a 6th.

• Paid Members

Another fantastic episode.

I dont think quite as good as last weeks brilliant ep, but great nonetheless.

When Quinn turned up when Dexter was in the back of the van my heart was in my mouth. Then with the genius touch of the dripping blood on his shoe, just brilliant.

I just somehow hope Lumen doesnt get killed off as I think her character is great. However, it's hard to see any other option given that Julia Styles is only 'guest starring'.

There are some many directions next week's ep could go and I only can take my hat off to the writers who somehow keeps the viewer on their toes and keeps them guessing.

I can't wait till the season finale next week and once its over I'm going to start again from season 1 and work my way through to kill the time between then and season 6.

• Paid Members
Seriously - why did they put a preview for next week...? Just why???

I downloaded the 720p version from EZTV torrents and there was no preview but it was cut off almost immediately when the credits rolled! Thank fuck for that!

• Paid Members

I didn't want to...but then the credits started rolling and I didn't have the remote. Myself and the good lady watch it via new-fangled wiring of a thingy through a DVD player to the TV in some fashion so it's not on the laptop.

For anyone that wants to experience the waiting game, link above. Suffer with me!

Apparently the US trailers are somewhat infamous for misdirection via editing. I've seen the trailer at the end of the latest episode so the particular bit I'm sure y'all are chatting about may simply be different scenes cut together or simply completely out of context.

This season hass been fun enough but not particularly great in my opinion. The shows flaws have never been more obvious (poor supporting cast, mostly self contained series [apart from the obvious run over plot point], unfocussed plotting/pacing) than this series and whilst theres still a lot of good stuff I find my self a less into it as a whole. Particulally the Liddy/van stuff this episode - there was no way Quinn was going to find him (the scene was shot well I admit) because the episode was clearly focussed on getting Dex to discover Lumen's kidnapping and move along to the next plot point. Obviously the plot isn't going to get dropped but its seems this'll be yet another 'fly in the ointment' than a big plot point.

It seems Dexter is generally content to be a show about an antihero and the more evil people he comes up against - its a thriller pretty much with a little substance. Maybe i've been spoilt by the Shield where each subsequent series built on the last making you question how far the characters would go to protect themselves and just where the line between doing good and evil is. Dexter isn't that sort of show it would seem, and thats fine - but its what stops it achieving greatness (for me) and as it runs longer will begin to get formulaic. Its likely they've done the best big bad they'll do (Trinity) and so the formula is starting to run a little thin.

• Paid Members
Apparently the US trailers are somewhat infamous for misdirection via editing. I've seen the trailer at the end of the latest episode so the particular bit I'm sure y'all are chatting about may simply be different scenes cut together or simply completely out of context.

This season hass been fun enough but not particularly great in my opinion. The shows flaws have never been more obvious (poor supporting cast, mostly self contained series [apart from the obvious run over plot point], unfocussed plotting/pacing) than this series and whilst theres still a lot of good stuff I find my self a less into it as a whole. Particulally the Liddy/van stuff this episode - there was no way Quinn was going to find him (the scene was shot well I admit) because the episode was clearly focussed on getting Dex to discover Lumen's kidnapping and move along to the next plot point. Obviously the plot isn't going to get dropped but its seems this'll be yet another 'fly in the ointment' than a big plot point.

It seems Dexter is generally content to be a show about an antihero and the more evil people he comes up against - its a thriller pretty much with a little substance. Maybe i've been spoilt by the Shield where each subsequent series built on the last making you question how far the characters would go to protect themselves and just where the line between doing good and evil is. Dexter isn't that sort of show it would seem, and thats fine - but its what stops it achieving greatness (for me) and as it runs longer will begin to get formulaic. Its likely they've done the best big bad they'll do (Trinity) and so the formula is starting to run a little thin.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong.

Tonight's the night....

Debs HAS to find out about him. Well reveal she knows all about him, she must do.

After Rita was found didn't Dexter say something to Debs along the lines of "it was me". And with Debs seeing Lumen she would of noticed the comparison to other dead girls.

And with Quinns suspicion of Dexter and Debs time down in filing.

When he and Quinn found the 2 dead guys at the docks Dexter killed she must of been supisicous that Dexter was already there.

And the fact her brother has been a serial killer for 4 years she must know something. Must do.

Reckon she tell Dexter she knows all about him but they will set Quinn up to take the fall for the vigilante murders. Or i could be completly wrong!

Archived