Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll pick up the pace now the kids have moved on. They really needed to spend some time on the Rita fallout, so I'm glad they've done that, but I think it's about time to move on from the focus on that.

They've always done a remarkable job of staying grounded in emotional reality, even though the idea of the show is pretty far-fetched.

• Paid Members

I'd just like to say thanks to those who have read the books for spoiler-tagging any potential TV spoilers. :thumbsup:

Even though it's only two episodes in, my doubts for this series are already diminishing. Two decent episodes with great endings, with Dexter's emotional eulogy and the barrels in the lake. It will be interesting to see where they take Shawn Hatosy's character.

• Paid Members

Another great episode of Dexter. Twists and turns. I can't see where this season is going but yesterday the good lady and I were both on the edge of our seats watching this weeks. Something quite unnerving about it...

I really wish I hadn't seen the teaser for next week as it has left me aching inside for more. Damn Americans!!!

Next week:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It appears Quinn is meeting Mitchell family members showing pictures of Dexter!!!!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Damn you, Dexter! Leaving me wanting more again!! This week saw the return of working Dexter oh so briefly and a strange twist with the nanny. A lot of potential has been opened up and whilst nothing majorly explosive happened (last weeks spoiler turned out to be a bit of a dud) it did whet the appitite for whats ahead.

• Paid Members

Be interesting to see what happens with Julia Stiles. She said there were 'others' involved in her kidnapping. I'm thinking the guy in the self-help tape could be involved. Also like to see what Quinn comes up with next.

I'm thinking the guy in the self-help tape could be involved.

Mild spoiler based on episode contents and general film/tv knowledge :

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The CD cover Boyd showed Dexter had the self help guy on the front and I'm pretty sure it was Jonny Lee Miller, I doubt they'd have got an actor of that caliber for a minor roll so I'm fully expecting him to factor into the season in some form.. I'd certainly be interesting if hes involved with the murdering

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Whilst I'm warming to this series it still isn't really grabbing me nor making me excited to tune in next week/whats going to happen next. I'm sure they're just laying groundwork for everything to come together as the series climaxes but its not particulally engaging at the moment (and this is episodic TV)

• Paid Members
Be interesting to see what happens with Julia Stiles. She said there were 'others' involved in her kidnapping. I'm thinking the guy in the self-help tape could be involved. Also like to see what Quinn comes up with next.

The impression I got was that Boyd hadn't kidnapped her but had "bought" her from someone else. I think we could see them spending this season hunting and killing her previous "owners".

I REALLY hope that Boyd warning Dexter that he "doesn't know what he's getting involved with" and the ritualistic murders isn't them starting to go in the direction of the crappy third book.

• Paid Members

The impression I got was that Boyd hadn't kidnapped her but had "bought" her from someone else. I think we could see them spending this season hunting and killing her previous "owners".

I REALLY hope that Boyd warning Dexter that he "doesn't know what he's getting involved with" and the ritualistic murders isn't them starting to go in the direction of the crappy third book.

I forgot about the tape!!! The good lady pointed out the whole "being sold on" thing yesterday and my theory is Dexter and Lumen go a'huntin' for more people involved and become a romantic killing duo of justice~

• Paid Members

Well this weeks effort was a bit of a let down, but you can't have every week be amazing. The developments between Dexter and Lumen were about the only thing of real interest, although the additoin of Peter "RoboCop" Weller as a stalker for Dexter could be most, most intriguing.

Hopefully next week picks up the pace again.

After last weeks somewhat lacklustre episode, I really loved this weeks. For the first time I liked having Lumen in the show and her useless attempted murder and slowly figuring out what Dex does. It was tense when they were trying to find the guy whilst knowing the fuzz were on the way and it was an awesome climax. Some absolutely brilliant dialogue aswell, Michael C Hall is the man. Stand out episode of the season by far.

• Paid Members
After last weeks somewhat lacklustre episode, I really loved this weeks. For the first time I liked having Lumen in the show and her useless attempted murder and slowly figuring out what Dex does. It was tense when they were trying to find the guy whilst knowing the fuzz were on the way and it was an awesome climax. Some absolutely brilliant dialogue aswell, Michael C Hall is the man. Stand out episode of the season by far.

Now I'm excited!!!

• Paid Members

Absolutely amazing episode! Looked like it was going to go back to the old formula of Dexter just going about his day to day life but this was never going to happen. As Harvey said above some of the dialogue is fantastic and Dex's reaction to being to "Fuck you!" was possibly my highlight of the episode. Roll on next week, please hurry!!

• Paid Members

I generally find Julia Stiles to be intensely irritating, but I have enjoyed her character in Dexter so far. The whole scene with her and Dexter sat the scene of her botched killing was fantastic, flitting between comedy and real tension from minute to minute but somehow still working. The cover up was brilliant as well; custom made for Masuka. Masuka is brilliant by the way.

The Deborah and Quinn side story is fine, I'm sure there'll be more drama with the nanny at some point and the investigation into the beheadings is cool as well, so my only low points of this season so far have been the deeply tedious scenes with Batista and LaGuerta. They've made her into such a hateful character, contrasting with so hard with Batista's eminently likeable sometimes-fuck-up that you wonder why he likes her at all. Or I do at least.

Archived