Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

• Paid Members
With everything this week, I can't help but think that they are building up to an explosive finale... And I mean explosive with a capital BOOM!!!

One thing that got me was that the Dexter/Chase meeting was similar to the amazing Trinity/Dexter meeting in the station in series 4., except with the roles reversed. Dexter seemed all too confident. It has left me with that old familiar feeling of foreboding.

I have to agree. Something astronomical is going to happen and I can't fucking wait.

What another great episode. I just loved every minute of it. One of those episodes when it ends it feels like you have held your breath for the whole thing due to the tension.

There are just so many questions left to answer. What will Robocop do? What will happen to Lumen? What will happen with Dexter and Lumen? What's Jordan Chase's plans? Will Deb find out who the 'vigilante' is? I could go on and on!

The only sad thing is that there are only 2 eps left. I think I'm going to have to buy all the seasons and watch it all again.

I have all the seasons, I keep dipping in and out of 1, 2 and 4. Just so amazingly good! I know they are completely different but season 5 is close for me of actually eclipsing the super duper awesome season 4... Yes, I went there!

Who here found Astor to be a bit tasty in that previous episode?

You disgust me!!!*

*I'm sorry...

I think i'm about to go there too, yes, season 5 has eclipsed season 4. There, I said it! I feel better now.

This season did start off slowly, but it was due to obvious reasons. The lull from Rita's death was needed as if there wasnt a lull then fans would have complained that Rita's death hadn't been addressed. Now, this Jordan Chase storyline, along with Deb, Quinn, Peter Weller's character and Lumen it's just pure TV gold.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
God, that feels so much better!!! I don't think there will ever, in TV history, be a better scene than Thanksgiving Dinner with the Mitchell's, however as a whole, season 5 has hit a whole 'nutha level!

I said to my mate on MSN today who is a massive Dexter fan, but has yet to see season 5 that I thought it was better than season 4. His was response was this "Naaaaaaaaaaa, neeeeeeeeee, naaaaaaaaaa, noooooooooooooo!"

• Paid Members
Well, I think he will disagree with himself upon viewing...

On a side note, I found the rape videos in no way arousing. No siree. I just had to get that out there... Ok maybe a little. But I did not enjoy it.

I thought when Lumen was watching her own vid and Dexter in the bedroom looking horrified was a superb scene. Additionally, despite not seeing it, her acting in the DVD (her screams really) was particularly haunting.

• Paid Members

Man, it's really gripping stuff. I'm not sure I'm prepared to say that it tops Season 4 without seeing where it's all going, but it certainly doesn't feel weak by comparison, and that's an achievment in itself.

I do think they've used that "oh my god they're going to walk right in and see Dexter... oh no wait they're somewhere else" device a bit too often, but it's a minor criticism of another great episode.

Archived