Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

Julia Styles is like the world's worst Kim Bauer. I just can't take anything she does seriously. Completely ruining the show.

Completely disagree with you here. Her character has felt like a natural progression for Dexter and has been potrayed by Julia Styles brilliantly.

Her introduction has brought about this stunning story involving Jonny Lee Miller which was much needed after the aftermath of Rita's death.

On a side note, this new twist of Laguerta dropping Deb into the shit is great. She is getting back to how she was (Laguerta that is) in the first couple of seasons, and thats a bitch. Can't wait to see her face when Batista stands up to her on behalf of Deb.

I too have loved Julia Stiles in this. I know there is not a lot of love for her but I think she has been fantastic.

This weeks episode has really stole the season. Why I didn't see the door exploding, I don't know but me and the good lady crapped our pants!

Agreed on the LaGeurta return to form, I prefer hating her than nothinging her as I have been and even Batista seemed more like himself.

I didn't get a preview of next week thankfully so I can not stress about it for a week.

One final thought - Robocop or LaGeurta - who to hate more??

Really? I thought it was obvious.

Add me to the Julia Styles love pile. I think she's been a refreshing change.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Julia Styles is like the world's worst Kim Bauer. I just can't take anything she does seriously. Completely ruining the show.

Completely disagree with you here. Her character has felt like a natural progression for Dexter and has been potrayed by Julia Styles brilliantly.

Her introduction has brought about this stunning story involving Jonny Lee Miller which was much needed after the aftermath of Rita's death.

On a side note, this new twist of Laguerta dropping Deb into the shit is great. She is getting back to how she was (Laguerta that is) in the first couple of seasons, and thats a bitch. Can't wait to see her face when Batista stands up to her on behalf of Deb.

I too have loved Julia Stiles in this. I know there is not a lot of love for her but I think she has been fantastic.

This weeks episode has really stole the season. Why I didn't see the door exploding, I don't know but me and the good lady crapped our pants!

Agreed on the LaGeurta return to form, I prefer hating her than nothinging her as I have been and even Batista seemed more like himself.

I didn't get a preview of next week thankfully so I can not stress about it for a week.

One final thought - Robocop or LaGeurta - who to hate more??

Really? I thought it was obvious.

Add me to the Julia Styles love pile. I think she's been a refreshing change.

I think it was more the timing of it. The good lady jokingly said "I wonder if he has a key for the door between the rooms" and a second later he exploded through, making us both jump. To her credit her follow up line of "I guess he didn't need one" was perfectly delivered.

I have read the brief synopsis' for the upcoming episodes on TV.com and I wish I hadn't because now I want them more!!!

• Paid Members

The one thing I didnt like about the door exploding is that surely there would have been alarm bells raised from when they check his room. "Hang on, the door is fucked, I wonder who was in the next room? Check records and bob's your uncle, Dexter is fucked.

• Paid Members

There have been plenty of instances like that throughout the run though. You have to allow for it a little when watching Dexter, though admittedly they're pushing it a little further at the moment.

The idea that he periodically buys that list of supplies and nobody finds it curious is pretty silly as well.

I liked them exploring Deb's attitude to justifiable killing quite explicitly in this episode. Her killing a perceived "bad guy" and feeling pretty cool about it will surely have an impact on this season's pay off.

• Paid Members
I liked them exploring Deb's attitude to justifiable killing quite explicitly in this episode. Her killing a perceived "bad guy" and feeling pretty cool about it will surely have an impact on this season's pay off.

Will Dexter reveal his Dark Passenger and then Deb finally cracks completely? I have noticed them referencing past events a lot more in this season than previously. Could they be tying everything up in a neat little package? Seriously. I'm sorry if it sounded sarcastic...

• Paid Members

Oh me, oh my!! Watched the episode early this week, normal routine would be to wait until Wednesday but circumstances changed for one week. Big mistake as now I have to wait another week for the next instalment. FUCK.

I thought this weeks episode was fantastic regarding the main story and really left me wanting more next week. The side story (Defending Daddy Dexter) was good for filler and really highlighted the more humane side that is coming out in Dex. However, are they making him more human in order to kill the monster???

Tick, Tick, Tick. That's the sound of this season running out....

• Paid Members

There's not much more I can say except I fucking love this show so much that it hurts!

Superb episode. Dexter as a character just gets more fascinating by the minute and really enjoyed Aster's return. Loved Lumen again and Jonny Lee Miller is just brilliant. Deb brilliant yet again and the Robocop storyline is great too.

There just isn't a show that comes close to Dexter right now, and could perhaps be the greatest show I have ever seen.

• Paid Members
There's not much more I can say except I fucking love this show so much that it hurts!

Superb episode. Dexter as a character just gets more fascinating by the minute and really enjoyed Aster's return. Loved Lumen again and Jonny Lee Miller is just brilliant. Deb brilliant yet again and the Robocop storyline is great too.

There just isn't a show that comes close to Dexter right now, and could perhaps be the greatest show I have ever seen.

Whilst this may sound like an exaggeration, I really don't think it is!

Absolutely brilliant again. The emotion strings this show continues to pull is exceptional. Showing Dexter's humanity and especially having Harry tell Dex that he was pround that he was able to convey such emotion and maybe he led him the wrong was so powerful. Astor's brattyness earlier on really paid dividends in this episode and I actually thought it worked really well how she eventually seemed to stop blaming Dexter and embrace him. This season has really got great the last few episodes, I can't believe there's only 3 left.

• Paid Members

With everything this week, I can't help but think that they are building up to an explosive finale... And I mean explosive with a capital BOOM!!!

One thing that got me was that the Dexter/Chase meeting was similar to the amazing Trinity/Dexter meeting in the station in series 4., except with the roles reversed. Dexter seemed all too confident. It has left me with that old familiar feeling of foreboding.

• Paid Members
With everything this week, I can't help but think that they are building up to an explosive finale... And I mean explosive with a capital BOOM!!!

One thing that got me was that the Dexter/Chase meeting was similar to the amazing Trinity/Dexter meeting in the station in series 4., except with the roles reversed. Dexter seemed all too confident. It has left me with that old familiar feeling of foreboding.

I have to agree. Something astronomical is going to happen and I can't fucking wait.

What another great episode. I just loved every minute of it. One of those episodes when it ends it feels like you have held your breath for the whole thing due to the tension.

There are just so many questions left to answer. What will Robocop do? What will happen to Lumen? What will happen with Dexter and Lumen? What's Jordan Chase's plans? Will Deb find out who the 'vigilante' is? I could go on and on!

The only sad thing is that there are only 2 eps left. I think I'm going to have to buy all the seasons and watch it all again.

• Paid Members

I have to agree. Something astronomical is going to happen and I can't fucking wait.

What another great episode. I just loved every minute of it. One of those episodes when it ends it feels like you have held your breath for the whole thing due to the tension.

There are just so many questions left to answer. What will Robocop do? What will happen to Lumen? What will happen with Dexter and Lumen? What's Jordan Chase's plans? Will Deb find out who the 'vigilante' is? I could go on and on!

The only sad thing is that there are only 2 eps left. I think I'm going to have to buy all the seasons and watch it all again.

I have all the seasons, I keep dipping in and out of 1, 2 and 4. Just so amazingly good! I know they are completely different but season 5 is close for me of actually eclipsing the super duper awesome season 4... Yes, I went there!

Who here found Astor to be a bit tasty in that previous episode?

You disgust me!!!*

*I'm sorry...

Who here found Astor to be a bit tasty in that previous episode?

Glad it wasn't just me.

Last episode was very tense. When Debs and Quinn turned up at the house I said to my missus that Dexter never actually said to Lumen that the room she picked was OK, and I knew they weren't in the house. Still tense though.

Archived