Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

I generally find Julia Stiles to be intensely irritating, but I have enjoyed her character in Dexter so far. The whole scene with her and Dexter sat the scene of her botched killing was fantastic, flitting between comedy and real tension from minute to minute but somehow still working. The cover up was brilliant as well; custom made for Masuka. Masuka is brilliant by the way.

The Deborah and Quinn side story is fine, I'm sure there'll be more drama with the nanny at some point and the investigation into the beheadings is cool as well, so my only low points of this season so far have been the deeply tedious scenes with Batista and LaGuerta. They've made her into such a hateful character, contrasting with so hard with Batista's eminently likeable sometimes-fuck-up that you wonder why he likes her at all. Or I do at least.

La Pasi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone not love Vince? I lost it when he did that first move. I have a feeling one of the main characters will buy it this season. My money is on LaGuerta, Batista or Quinn. I'm hoping it's neither of the latter two but if it is Quinn, I reckon Deb shoots him to save Dex.

• Paid Members

All of that sounds plausible. If they could find an excuse to kill LaGuerta then that'd be grand, but Quinn dying because he gets too close makes sense. It saddens me to see whe man who played Enrique Morales (or even the likeable Angel Batista from earlier seasons) being dragged down by this staggeringly dull sub plot drivel. At least he got to bust out the seduction technique briefly in this episode.

• Paid Members
Also, what did Dexter say before he snapped the guy's neck? I couldn't make it out despite rewinding it three times.

I think he said "Find me!" but can't be sure.

I also think someone is for the chop but by my figuring:

Batista won't go as LaGuerta has already lost 2 men (Doakes and Prado)

Quinn won't go as Deb has already lost 2 men (Ice Truck and Lundy)

Lumen is safe as Dexter has just lost his wife

Which leaves LaGuerta (fingers crossed) and Deb. Just my theories.

Would Quinn end up on the table purely because he finds out the truth? I guess if it's him or Dexter then there's no choice and I know Dex hates the guy but he doesn't really qualify for being wrapped in plastic, does he?

Anyone know if there's a specified planned number of seasons?

I honestly thought he'd done the dirty on LaGuerta. Got me hook, line and sinker on that one.

JLM, weren't you the one saying last year that you find LaGuerta attractive? I know that has no implication on the character. I still think she looks like a down's syndrome. And Debs looks extra hideous in that gif you posted too.

• Paid Members

I still probably would, though it was more from her Dr. Nathan days. I think in terms of TV/Film people the characters can have a bearing on it. She does have a bit of an odd face though, I grant you that. So does Summer Glau. Maybe having an odd face is one of my things. I dunno. Still find her character utterly hateful these days (ir)regardless.

I think Dexter outright killing Quinn table style would require some serious work for it to be in any way justifiable. The Deb shooting seems more plausible, though perhaps Quinn getting more and more obsessed to the point where he loses his badge completely and is just out to get Dexter at all costs could happen. In that case it might be Deb shooting Quinn to directly save Dexter's life rather than to stop Quinn exposing him.

Deb has the figure of a skinny child and a horrible scowly face and if you fancy her you're probably a sex offender.

neil.

• Moderators
Deb has the figure of a skinny child and a horrible scowly face and if you fancy her you're probably a sex offender.

neil.

Excuse me sir. Refer to page 1 of this thread.

I really liked how the dentist flipped his demeanor during that confrontation. I really thought Lumen had wrongly targeted him. RoboCop investigating Dexter has potential, as Weller certainly fits a seedy/weirdo role nicely.

I've always found Batista annoying to be honest. He reminds me a lot of Mark Fowler. This guy who is a "nice guy" but it comes off as a bit rapey, but then is also supposed to be a bit tasty and can handle himself yet looks like a total dweeb. Yes, dweeb.

Archived