Dexter Season 5 *SPOILERS*

JLM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Johnny Lee Miller finally made an appearance and, judging by next weeks preview, is awesome. I'm really enjoying this season. It's a bit of a slow burner compared to last season but has had me hooked from episode one. Julia Stiles is really good in her role. Never cared for her in any other movie but I like her in this. The Batista/Laguerta thing isn't as painful as last series but really needs to be put to bed soon. Unlike seemingly most people I'd rather lose Batista than Laguerta. I've just never been able to buy him as a decent cop.

Does anyone else find the nanny attractive?

• Paid Members

Well... What started off as a slow and plodding episode hit high gear by the end! The pieces are starting to come together and next weeks preview, as previously stated in this thread, has more than whet my appetite.

The chaos in the club was possibly my favourite scene and finally gave me some sort of caring about LaGuerta/Batista because she became a complete c**t and I feel sorry for Angel.

Roll on next week please!

• Moderators

One thing that is bothering me this season is that Dexter seems to be getting away with a lot of stuff that is bordering on absurd. Last episode he casual plants that evidence to absolutely no suspicion, and then before that there was the ludicrous part where the gay murderer almost runs into the Miami PD, but Dexter gets him at the last second.

It's pushing the limits for me.

• Paid Members
Julia Styles is like the world's worst Kim Bauer. I just can't take anything she does seriously. Completely ruining the show.

Completely disagree with you here. Her character has felt like a natural progression for Dexter and has been potrayed by Julia Styles brilliantly.

Her introduction has brought about this stunning story involving Jonny Lee Miller which was much needed after the aftermath of Rita's death.

On a side note, this new twist of Laguerta dropping Deb into the shit is great. She is getting back to how she was (Laguerta that is) in the first couple of seasons, and thats a bitch. Can't wait to see her face when Batista stands up to her on behalf of Deb.

• Paid Members
Julia Styles is like the world's worst Kim Bauer. I just can't take anything she does seriously. Completely ruining the show.

Completely disagree with you here. Her character has felt like a natural progression for Dexter and has been potrayed by Julia Styles brilliantly.

Her introduction has brought about this stunning story involving Jonny Lee Miller which was much needed after the aftermath of Rita's death.

On a side note, this new twist of Laguerta dropping Deb into the shit is great. She is getting back to how she was (Laguerta that is) in the first couple of seasons, and thats a bitch. Can't wait to see her face when Batista stands up to her on behalf of Deb.

I too have loved Julia Stiles in this. I know there is not a lot of love for her but I think she has been fantastic.

This weeks episode has really stole the season. Why I didn't see the door exploding, I don't know but me and the good lady crapped our pants!

Agreed on the LaGeurta return to form, I prefer hating her than nothinging her as I have been and even Batista seemed more like himself.

I didn't get a preview of next week thankfully so I can not stress about it for a week.

One final thought - Robocop or LaGeurta - who to hate more??

Archived