Summer festivals 2011

brett

Slipknot confirmed for Sonisphere. Bit disappointed with that as I'd have liked to have seem Corey and Jim

run with Stone Sour for a bit.

I think it's a great announcement. Great live band (the last Download appearance was amazing) and no-one really knew if they were gonna be a band anymore. UK exclusive aswell.

I don't dislike Slipknot or doubt they'll put on a good show, I've just seem them a lot lately and thought they'd take more of a break after Paul.

In other festivals news, this was "allegedly" posted on the Download site and taken down...

ibczjc.jpg

Take it for what it is, but I'd actually be pretty happy with that. Can't stand Paramore, or see how they could headline, but I'm expecting a headliner I don't like and the rest of those bands I like.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Slipknot confirmed for Sonisphere. Bit disappointed with that as I'd have liked to have seem Corey and Jim

run with Stone Sour for a bit.

I think it's a great announcement. Great live band (the last Download appearance was amazing) and no-one really knew if they were gonna be a band anymore. UK exclusive aswell.

I don't dislike Slipknot or doubt they'll put on a good show, I've just seem them a lot lately and thought they'd take more of a break after Paul.

In other festivals news, this was "allegedly" posted on the Download site and taken down...

ibczjc.jpg

Take it for what it is, but I'd actually be pretty happy with that. Can't stand Paramore, or see how they could headline, but I'm expecting a headliner I don't like and the rest of those bands I like.

I'd spaz the fuck out for that. Airbourne in particular are an absolute treat live as I discovered this year. Paramore is a bit surprising as a potential headline act, but decent all the same. Pendulum and Alter Bridge too, I couldn't go wrong.

SOAD and Weezer at the same festival? I believe I shall be paying Donington Park another visit this year.

Linkin Park have been confirmed as Download headliners.

http://efestivals.co.uk/news/10/101206f.shtml

Biffy Clyro have been confirmed as Sonisphere headliners.

http://efestivals.co.uk/news/10/101206e.shtml

That second one is fucking madness. Biffy Clyro headlining a festival ?!

Biffy are massively popular now though. I love all there albums, so with at least an hour and a half set i think they will play a good mixture from each album. If Faith No More are the other headliner that would be near perfect for me.

Biffy Clyro are in no possible way a headliner, what a joke. It's not even a case of me simply not liking them, they're just not headline calibre. Linkin Park were very, very Meh at Sonisphere '09, but I guess I'd watch them again if nothing else was on as Chester is a very talented singer and worth watching. Love Rob Zombie however, though already have tickets for Feb for the headline shows.

I think Biffy are an odd choice to headline Sonisphere, but the fact they do sell out arenas now means they can realistically headline a festival now. I'd have just thought they'd be better suited to festivals like Reading or T in the Park as their fans are more to the indie end of the rock side of things than metal (bit of a generalisation I know)

Archived