Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Comparing to DL 2009 where you had weak headliners in FNM, Def Leppard and Slipknot but had bands like Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prodigy, Motley Crue too who could of pushed into a headliner if needed.

How are FNM and Slipknot weak headliners? FNM headlined everywhere in Europe that year and it was there first performance (except Brixton) in like forever. And Slipknot could headline almost any rock/metal festivals worldwide.

I honestly thought thefallenagnel was being sarcastic.

I've never seen Slipknot as a headline band - a good second on the bill. Tool should be nowhere near a headline slot unless you want half the audience to be asleep by the end of it.

There's going to be a real problem with headliners in that I just can't see who is going to be booked in the years to come. All the bands in that position at the minute are relatively old and there just don't seem to be the younger acts coming through who look like they can become must-see, worldwide acts. At least, I don't think so.

I've never seen Slipknot as a headline band - a good second on the bill. Tool should be nowhere near a headline slot unless you want half the audience to be asleep by the end of it.

There's going to be a real problem with headliners in that I just can't see who is going to be booked in the years to come. All the bands in that position at the minute are relatively old and there just don't seem to be the younger acts coming through who look like they can become must-see, worldwide acts. At least, I don't think so.

Its a good point to make, and buy having acts in AC/DC and Aerosmith this year, its going to take some like a Van Halen/Soundgarden/SOAD reunion to top it. If Blink.182 were to headline, thats me either watching another stage or back to the tents. Not to mention the number of 'punks' there.

Got my glastonbury tickets, very happy

Same here, had to give a friend my details over the phone as I had no luck on my pc/phone/iphone. just waiting on the confirmation email now.

The furthest I got was to disconnect wifi on my iphone and just use 3G and that got me in the queue which was farther than I got on the pc.

Im in the same mindset, seems to have evolved into a festival for people who buy a couple of albums a year and don't really follow any sort of musical scene closely.

Ive never understood the fasination with Glastonbury. Anyone care to explain?

This will be my 4th glastonbury, its just an amazing place. Unlike any other festival I have been to and been to Leeds, and V.

Just so much to do and see even if you ignore the main stage's, plus you have a sense of freedom that you don't have at other festivals. Having no arena means you can drink your own cans at any stage.

The place is so vast and it does not really sink in how big it is till you have tried to walk around.

I love it , 262 days to go :)

Ive never understood the fasination with Glastonbury. Anyone care to explain?

This will be my 4th glastonbury, its just an amazing place. Unlike any other festival I have been to and been to Leeds, and V.

Just so much to do and see even if you ignore the main stage's, plus you have a sense of freedom that you don't have at other festivals. Having no arena means you can drink your own cans at any stage.

The place is so vast and it does not really sink in how big it is till you have tried to walk around.

I love it , 262 days to go :)

Exactly what Brett said, i've been to plenty of other festivals but never Glastonbury before and that's why I went last year. It's just a completely different thing from any other festival i've been to both in scope, atmosphere, stuff to do, being able to take your own alchoal anywhere you want. Last year when wondering about I was constantly discovering new little corners and things to see.

Comparing to DL 2009 where you had weak headliners in FNM, Def Leppard and Slipknot but had bands like Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prodigy, Motley Crue too who could of pushed into a headliner if needed.

How are FNM and Slipknot weak headliners? FNM headlined everywhere in Europe that year and it was there first performance (except Brixton) in like forever. And Slipknot could headline almost any rock/metal festivals worldwide.

I honestly thought thefallenagnel was being sarcastic.

Slipknot were amazing and headliner acts i don't know why i shoved that in but when you had a 2nd stage act in Prodigy which was overflowing massively compared to FNM which wasn't even the original line-up and Def Leppard which was like meh. Korn, Limp Bizkit or Prodigy could of put together a more interesting headliner act than FNM or Def Leppard IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Bon Jovi have been announced as Saturday headliners for Hard Rock Calling. Seems a pointless booking for me as they've already done plenty of shows in London recently at massively extravagant prices. Big name either way.

Ozzy Osboune has been confirmed for Wacken and a couple of other euro fests around then so Download may be a possibility for him.

Even more pointless as they have a massive UK stadium tour which fans will no doubt flock to.

Prince, U2 and Coldplay as the Glastonbury headliners ? The Sun said that and they called it well last year too.

EDIT : Daily Record is today saying that Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro are going to be headlining T in the Park.

Archived