Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Paid Members
and another great thing is, Biffy Clyro got there the hardway, that band has been touring non-stop for like 10 years, they aint a flash in the pan succces, outstanding achievment.

Exactly. If they are going to have fresh bands headline (which i'm all for) i'd rather it be someone that has toured over the country for years, than one who has released one album and got popular.

ahem*The Darkness*ahem.

haha, in all fairness despite shocking reviews for their Reading/Leeds performances are few years back, i thought The Darkness were great.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How's Sonisphere as a festival then? How does it compare to Download?

Think I may have to do Sonisphere next year along with T In The Park. This is if anyone's up for it. But I'm sure if Arctic Monkey's are announced then I will have atleast a couple of people interested in going to Balado!

• Paid Members

At The Gates have been confirmed for Bloodstock again :) great news...thought the last time i saw em at Bloodstock (in 08) would be the only time id get to see the band...didn't help that i was dying from some kind of food poisoning whilst they were playing.

Great.

do Sonisphere do single day tickets? Cos I'd be happy with just seeing The Big 4 rather than forking out for the full weekend

They have for the last 2 years, priced at about 65 quid. They did say at the moment they cannot guarantee day tickets will become available due to the predicted popularity of the weekend, but I reckon they probably still will.

Bettencourt, I've been to both so far and really enjoyed it. It's had a much better market/stalls bit than download in recent years, it's nice to have the main and second stage alternating (although I you wanna see everyone it's a look of walking back and forth), the sounds been good and the campings been good. I'd recommend it if you like the bands on offer.

• Paid Members
And Blink-182 today too. It doesn't always happen, but more often than not T and Oxegen will share the headliners. So Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Blink-182? Could be worse, I suppose.

Yep, Blink could be playing twice. Horrible live band.

Archived