Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it would be very weak to simply book last years Sonisphere headliners.

Like I say, my mentions are just pure guesses, based on who may have a new album on the way or who be touring around that time.

With the recent A Perfect Circle reunion also happing, anyone think they could put in an appearence? I'd like to see Nevermore somewhere on the bill

The Cure have been announced for Bestival. Bit pissed off because I was really hoping for Daft Punk. Line up so far isn't that amazing.

So far: Primal Scream doing Screamadelica?? Brian Wilson, Magnetic Man, Robyn, Crystal Castles, DJ Shadow, Katy B, LFO, Omar Souleyman + Sublime Frequencies, 65daysofstatic, Cranes, Boys Noize, Diplo, A-Trak, Norman Jay, Grandmaster Flash, David Rodigan, 2 Bears, Carte Blanche (DJ Mehdi & Riton), Pantha Du Prince, and The Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain..

Would like to see Robyn and Grandmaster Flash is a cool edition.

• Paid Members
The Cure have been announced for Bestival. Bit pissed off because I was really hoping for Daft Punk. Line up so far isn't that amazing.

So far: Primal Scream doing Screamadelica?? Brian Wilson, Magnetic Man, Robyn, Crystal Castles, DJ Shadow, Katy B, LFO, Omar Souleyman + Sublime Frequencies, 65daysofstatic, Cranes, Boys Noize, Diplo, A-Trak, Norman Jay, Grandmaster Flash, David Rodigan, 2 Bears, Carte Blanche (DJ Mehdi & Riton), Pantha Du Prince, and The Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain..

Would like to see Robyn and Grandmaster Flash is a cool edition.

Grandmaster flash would be good, I'm so bored of Primal Scream though.

• Paid Members

TITP is rumoured to be Foo Fighters, Faith No More & Metallica with the Foo's apprarently self confirming/leaked. This adds more weight to Metallica playing Download. I'm fucking praying that Download is Pearl Jam, SOAD & Metallica.

• Paid Members
TITP is rumoured to be Foo Fighters, Faith No More & Metallica with the Foo's apprarently self confirming/leaked. This adds more weight to Metallica playing Download. I'm fucking praying that Download is Pearl Jam, SOAD & Metallica.

If Metallica play TITP and not Download I will be very unhappy.

Last I heard, Faith No More were calling it a day again after thier show in Chile this month. Id say Metallica are ousiders for festivals, although they are skin Rock In Rio in august, they won't be properly on the road. So I don't think so, but I'd definitely go if it was an I'm not even sure exactly where it is!

Sonisphere announce Monday aswell, there's a chance Metallica could play there as part of a 'big four' show.

• Paid Members

FWIW Andy Copping confirmed on twitter that Sonisphere definitely don't have the big 4 in the UK. Is this because he's bagged one of them for Download? I'm thinking Anthrax are due a Donington appearance.

I think Metallica will do a handful of fests this year but as you said, not a full schedule. The Rock in Rio announcement confirmed as much.

Slipknot confirmed for Sonisphere. Bit disappointed with that as I'd have liked to have seem Corey and Jim

run with Stone Sour for a bit.

I think it's a great announcement. Great live band (the last Download appearance was amazing) and no-one really knew if they were gonna be a band anymore. UK exclusive aswell.

Archived