Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skipped SOAD to see Alice Cooper for the first time. Well worth it for me. All the famous stage antics with the Frankenstein, Guillotine and stabbing the photographer. Played a new song called I'll Bite Your Face Off which was pretty cool.

I did the same thing and i'm so glad i did cos Alice Cooper was fantastic and well worth missing SOAD for any day.

I also saw:

CKY

Puddle Of Mudd

D.R.U.G.S

Young Guns

Thin Lizzy(Easily the most underrated act of the entire weekend)

The Darkness

Def Leppard

Pendulum(well some of them at least as they clashed with Def Leppard)

Skindred

Hollywood Undead

Cheap Trick(Who got slated by alot of people but i thought they were great)

Twisted Sister

Bowling For Soup

GWAR

Turisas

Sadly i had to abandon it after that as the rain/wind had become unbearable but i wasn't really arsed about seeing Linkin Park and i'd already seen Rob Zombie earlier in the year.

All in all i'd say it was a cracking weekend.

• Paid Members

Yeah must admit I woke up at about 1 with a stinking hangover on the Sunday and took one look at the weather and we decided to pack the car before heading to the arena. We set off right after Linkin Park. It's a good job the rain had stopped by then because they were shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Bjork has been announced for the Bestival, so i've bought my ticket his morning. Can't wait!

And i've been really lucky as i couldn't make it to one of her gigs in Manchester which i have a ticket for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Anyone else at Sonisphere this past weekend? Was fucking great. The Big Four friday was pretty much the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Yeah I was. Fantastic weekend, way better than Download. I wasn't too keen on the set up of the two screens but apart from that I had a great time.

I had taken my 12 year old son with me, so it was his first experience of a festival/concert and as a wee bonus he got to meet Chris Jericho :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Archived