Summer festivals 2011

brett

The Darkness get a lot of stick for no good reason, the first album was a fun little piece and the second album was pretty good too. You just have to take them with a pinch of salt. Are they a fun live act with some catchy songs- yes. Are they the second coming of Led Zeppelin who are going to to write some of the greatest rock songs ever- probably not

yeah thats what I thought. Justin Hawkins is obviously a knob, but they were a fun party band and if they are on at a Festival I'd go see them and drink numerous beers.

was always my favorite song from them :thumbsup:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Darkness get a lot of stick for no good reason, the first album was a fun little piece and the second album was pretty good too. You just have to take them with a pinch of salt. Are they a fun live act with some catchy songs- yes. Are they the second coming of Led Zeppelin who are going to to write some of the greatest rock songs ever- probably not

yeah thats what I thought. Justin Hawkins is obviously a knob, but they were a fun party band and if they are on at a Festival I'd go see them and drink numerous beers.

was always my favorite song from them :thumbsup:

The video follows on from I Believe In A Thing Called Love and can be seen here:

Friday Night

• Paid Members
Wait, what? The Darkness have reformed?

Not only that but Justin Hawkins has grown a silly beard/tache combo too.

homepage-pic.jpg

Not only that, but the pirate bloke is back and looking more ridiculous than ever. This has me intrigued. I always liked the pirate bloke. Permission To Land was a brilliant album when it came out. All the songs were just fun rock tracks. They still play that Christmas song they released every December as well, so they arent dead yet. Justin Hawkins always came across as a complete spanner, though.

Delighted they are back, massive fan.

The people that bitch about them are the ones who tend to take things too seriously. They are a fun band with some fantastic songs.

Might have to get a Friday day ticket for Download just for them, rest of that day (and the other days) look terrible though imo bar Alter Bridge, Thin Lizzy, BSC & Buckcherry.

RE: Justin being a tit. I suppose it just depends on if/when it is you meet him, when I met him 2 years back (just after he had gotten clean) he was as friendly as could be - even got the chance to jam with him in the studio, unreal guitarist/singer. But hey you've got to be a 'colourful' character to be a frontman.

189444_1879218507835_1462458475_32098707_8366620_n.jpg

If thats a fake, it's the best I've ever seen. About what I expected though, I was never intending to go and there's only a handful of bands I'd want to see. Jane's Addiction is a big one though so I hope they do some headline dates.

Leeds/Reading dont usually announce that many acts in one go, do they? I suspect a fake.

Although, if they are confirmed, defo go see Janes Addiction. They were awrsome at Leeds 2002

They dont usually announce that many in one go, and certainly not that many for rhe main stage. Tickets usually sell fast for the festival.

Like I say, its speculation on my part, it just seems a lot of acts to confirm in one batch. Efestivals.co.uk would be best place to check offical confirmations by the organisers

MCR just confirmed on Facebook they are headlining, and Kerrang has this - Lineup

My Chemical Romance and Muse have been unveiled as headliners of this year's Reading and Leeds festivals.

Also on the bill are 30 Seconds To Mars, Bring Me The Horizon, Jimmy Eat World and Deftones.

The full line up is as follows:

Friday August 26 Reading / Saturday August 27 Leeds

My Chemical Romance

30 Seconds To Mars

The Offspring

Deftones

Rise Against

Bring Me The Horizon

New Found Glory

The Blackout

Architects

Saturday August 27 Reading / Sunday August 28 Leeds

Jimmy Eat World

Jane's Addiction

Sunday August 28 Reading / Friday August 26 Leeds

Muse

Enter Shikari

Frank Turner

Taking Back Sunday

We Are The Ocean

Panic! At The Disco

Cage The Elephant

Tickets are on sale now from www.aloud.com.

Basically, the poster lineup is 100% correct.

I should mention that I absolutely fucking love that lineup. I might see if I can manage to somehow get a ticket nearer the time.

Well the tickets didn't sell out in 0.4 seconds as they do normally, so you may be in luck. Not a fan of the line up at all, seems as if Melvin Benn filled up his speed dial 5 years ago and can't be bothered to check his contact list to book any new acts. I saw the poster for the 2002 festival yesterday and the amount of duplicates between that and 2011 is unreal (and weekend tickets were just

Basically, the poster lineup is 100% correct.

I should mention that I absolutely fucking love that lineup. I might see if I can manage to somehow get a ticket nearer the time.

Well the tickets didn't sell out in 0.4 seconds as they do normally, so you may be in luck. Not a fan of the line up at all, seems as if Melvin Benn filled up his speed dial 5 years ago and can't be bothered to check his contact list to book any new acts. I saw the poster for the 2002 festival yesterday and the amount of duplicates between that and 2011 is unreal (and weekend tickets were just

Archived