Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A huge announcement by Download this morning. A lot of people have slated this years line-up but when you look at the poster, now the bands have been allocated stages/slots it looks pretty killer.

Anti-Flag

Baptized In Blood

Belligerence

BioHazard

Blitz Kids

Boss Hoss

Children of Bodom

Chthonic

CKY

Dan Reed

Deaf Havana

Dear Superstar

Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows

Dio Disciples

Envy Of The State

Heights

Houston

Illuminatus

Karma to Burn

Kellermensch

Letlive.

Lower Than Atlantis

Malefice

My Darkest Days

Oaf

October File

Rock Sugar

Royal Republic

Sevendust

Silverstein

Skeletal Damage

Skindred

Starseed

Sweet Savage

T-34

The Dangerous Summer

The Dead Lay Waiting

The Morning After

The Rods

TRC

Wayne Static

Yashin

Young Guns

I'd go see Biohazard, Children Of Bodom and Young Guns out of that lot. The rest does not make want to part with the better part of

The lineup for the main stages at Glasto...

PYRAMID STAGE

Friday 24th June: U2, Morrissey, Biffy Clyro, BB King, Wu Tang Clan, Two Door Cinema Club, Metronomy, Master Musicians of Jajouka

Saturday 25th June: Coldplay, Elbow, Paolo Nutini, Tinie Tempah, Rumer, The Gaslight Anthem, Tame Impala, Stornoway

Sunday 26th June: Beyonce, Pendulum, Plan B, Paul Simon, Laura Marling, Don McLean, The Low Anthem, The Fisherman's Friends

OTHER STAGE

Friday 24th June: Primal Scream, Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes, Bright Eyes, The Wombats, The Vaccines, The Naked and Famous, Brother, Chipmunk

Saturday 25th June: The Chemical Brothers, White Lies, Friendly Fires, Jimmy Eat World, The Kills, Jessie J, Twilight Singers, Treetop Flyers, Alice Gold

Sunday 26th June: Queens of the Stone Age, Kaiser Chiefs, The Eels, TV on the Radio, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Noisettes, Cold War Kids, Clare Maguire

JOHN PEEL STAGE

Friday 24th June: DJ Shadow, Example, The Coral, I Am Kloot, Darwin Deez, Cage the Elephant, Miles Kane, Mona, Stonefield, Cocoon

Saturday 25th June: Glasvegas, Battles, Noah and the Whale, The Horrors, Warpaint, Anna Calvi, Dry the River, Yuck, Brave Yesterday

Sunday 26th June: The Streets, Robyn, Hurts, The Vaccines, Everything Everything, OK Go, The Joy Formidable, Foster the People, The Raghu Dixit Project, My Tiger My Timing

http://efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonb...ineuppage.shtml

Whole lot there.

I really want to go to Glasto after seeing that so I was gonna try to get a ticket in Sunday's resale. Turns out I can't as you need to be registered which closed a week or so a go. What's the fucking point in releasing the line up now that us impossible to get a ticket? Not happy.

I really want to go to Glasto after seeing that so I was gonna try to get a ticket in Sunday's resale. Turns out I can ecuade you need to be registered which closed a week or so a go. What's the fucking point in releasing the line up now that us impossible to get a ticket? Not happy.

That's what Glastonbury has always done though. They only reveal the line up once tickets have (as good as) sold out.

I really want to go to Glasto after seeing that so I was gonna try to get a ticket in Sunday's resale. Turns out I can ecuade you need to be registered which closed a week or so a go. What's the fucking point in releasing the line up now that us impossible to get a ticket? Not happy.

That's what Glastonbury has always done though. They only reveal the line up once tickets have (as good as) sold out.

So it would seem.

I don't think there's a problem having Beyonce, I'd be watching Queens of the Stone Age instead. Isnt she only doing it because the Stones turned it down?

Not always. It's only really since the whole wall-building, inflation-busting bullshit of the last ten years or so that this kind of thing has happened at any festivals. I remember the first time I considered going to Glastonbury was in about 1993 and a few weeks out tickets were still available for under

Springsteen and Wonder didn't really have the "legend" spot though, did they? That has always been the Sunday spot fourth from the top, which is what Paul Simon has been given. He'll probably get given a long as fuck set as well like many of them do. I don't think the placing is a slight on Paul Simon. The year Wonder headlined, it was Ray Davies that had the slot, it was Neil Diamond the year that Cohen played, and Tom Jones the year that Springsteen headlined. It's just traditional that a legend gets the fourth from top spot at Glasto.

Remember when Brian Wilson got the biggest crowd of the weekend in that slot? Played for about two hours and the sight of all of those people was something.

Archived