Summer festivals 2011

brett

Really surprised to see all Reading tix still available this morning. Usually sells out regardless of who plays. Also seen Muse have said they'll be playing some songs from Origin of Symmetry for the last time which is pretty fucking weak.

Yeah, the last time until they need a wee boost for a tour in a few years and they throw out a few random Tweets saying they've been rehearsing Plug In Baby and it feels good to play it again...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've been playing Plug in Baby on their recent tour, have they not?

But they won't in future if Reading/Leeds is the last time they're playing Origin Of Symetry stuff.

I too was pretty suprised at the fact that you can still get Reading tickets today. In recent years you've usually got about an hour from the moment they go on sale to grab one, or they're all gone and you face the prospect of paying

• Paid Members

Got my ticket for Reading and it'll be my first year going. Headliners on the main stage are a bit disappointing (apart from the Saturday with Strokes/Pulp) but there's some really great acts on the undercard and other stages. Particularly looking forward to Death From Above, Odd Future and The Streets. Gutted Jane's Addiction are on the Saturday as I'd have gone to see them otherwise. Would've been better to move the absolutely dreadful Beady Eye to the Saturday instead.

It's weird seeing Pulp, The Strokes and Jane's Addiction all on the same day as nine years ago, they all played the same day as well, and at Reading, it was The Strokes ahead of Pulp again, with Jane's Addiction behind them. I seen that lineup of bands at Gig on the Green. The Strokes weren't great in the headline spot, but with one short album they ended up doing quite a bit of padding out, so I'd be interested to see them again.

I love that lineup for the MCR day. I reckon My Chemical Romance are excellent live, and 30 Seconds to Mars are a band I'm interested in seeing live and then there's plenty of good bands on before them.

• Paid Members

The main stage on the Friday has three decent bands in The Offspring, Rise Against and Bring Me The Horizon (guilty pleasure alert!) which will be enough to keep me entertained. I'm not an MCR fan but I'd go and see them if I was pretty drunk and had nothing better to do. They seem like a decent live band if nothing else.

• Paid Members
Rockness has Howard Marks, oh yeah! Stick that up yer Bailey and smoke it!

So thats an hour of a guy saying "Ive got alot of times and been arrested a few times". Now thats entertainment

I love stories of people being arrested for being cunts. Could listen to them all night. :alien:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

A huge announcement by Download this morning. A lot of people have slated this years line-up but when you look at the poster, now the bands have been allocated stages/slots it looks pretty killer.

Anti-Flag

Baptized In Blood

Belligerence

BioHazard

Blitz Kids

Boss Hoss

Children of Bodom

Chthonic

CKY

Dan Reed

Deaf Havana

Dear Superstar