Summer festivals 2011

brett

Aswell as the previously announce Foo Fighters and Blink 182, TITP updated it's lineup and added:

ARCTIC MONKEYS

COLDPLAY

PULP

THE SCRIPT

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

PLAN B

DEADMAU5

PENDULUM

DEADMAU5

PRIMAL SCREAM

BRANDON FLOWERS

BEADY EYE

KT TUNSTALL

KEISHA

WEEZER

TINIE TEMPAH

MANIC STREET PREACHERS

JIMMY EAT WORLD

TOM JONES

CHASE AND STATUS

WHITE LIES

THE VIEW

JESSIE J

BLONDIE

CAST

YOU ME AT SIX

CRYSTAL CASTLES

OCEAN COLOUR SCENE

THE SATURDAYS

EELS

HURTS

BRIGHT EYES

THE STREETS

SLAM

IMELDA MAY

JOSH WINK

BLOODY BEETROOTS

VITALIC

N-DUBZ

THE VACCINES

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Download has confirmed that Def Leppard are the friday headliners. That is just so poor. Linkin Park and SOAD are reasonably recent repeat headliners, but having one that played 18 months ago its just lame. So much for having 3 headliners that haven't played before, I bet Copping regrets saying that. I'd be appeased somewhat if Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper was the second stage alternative but Pendulum have played everywhere and anywhere for the last few years and I'd much rather see them in a tent/inside. Well thats saved me a load of money, theres a few bands I'd want to see, but not enough to justify the price now with near enough all the top spots taken. There's very, very little that could be announced now to make me want to go. Pretty disappointed.

• Paid Members

Was nothing to do with the facilities itself. Just we went with the younger ones in our group of friends that year and they were all minks.

Rubbish all over the camp. Basically we lived in a tip for the weeked. Put us older ones off T for a few years. Well doesn't help that the line ups have been shite since. But no matter how much I try to persuade them, they are so stubbourn they won't let 2008 get away. If we go without the irresponsible ones it will surely be better. But theyre having none of it.

Bunch of sad cunts they are. Moan about the same old thing (pubs, clubs, Aberdeen) being shite but won't try anything new. Instead of trying something else they brand that as shite before they've even tried it.

• Paid Members
Download has confirmed that Def Leppard are the friday headliners. That is just so poor. Linkin Park and SOAD are reasonably recent repeat headliners, but having one that played 18 months ago its just lame. So much for having 3 headliners that haven't played before, I bet Copping regrets saying that. I'd be appeased somewhat if Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper was the second stage alternative but Pendulum have played everywhere and anywhere for the last few years and I'd much rather see them in a tent/inside. Well thats saved me a load of money, theres a few bands I'd want to see, but not enough to justify the price now with near enough all the top spots taken. There's very, very little that could be announced now to make me want to go. Pretty disappointed.

I totally agree. A poor show with Leppard headlining again. I kinda wish I hadn't bought a ticket now :(

And more bands announced today...

Disturbed, Bring Me The Horizon, The King Blues, Madina Lake, Frank Turner, Bowling For Soup, All That Remains, Turisas, The Devil Wears Prada, Cheap Trick, Black Stone Cherry, Asking Alexandria, Sacred Mother Tongue, Jameson Raid, Ghost and Straight Line Stitch.

Out of that lot I like 2, BSC and Cheap Trick. So yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm not one of these morons to moan relentlessly and say how betrayed I am and will never go again, just disappointed as I, and my mates, were up for it this year.

Who the hell is actually headlining T? They've got like 5 headline calibre bands in there, whoever booked that deserves a pat on the back.

• Paid Members
And more bands announced today...

Disturbed, Bring Me The Horizon, The King Blues, Madina Lake, Frank Turner, Bowling For Soup, All That Remains, Turisas, The Devil Wears Prada, Cheap Trick, Black Stone Cherry, Asking Alexandria, Sacred Mother Tongue, Jameson Raid, Ghost and Straight Line Stitch.

Out of that lot I like 2, BSC and Cheap Trick. So yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm not one of these morons to moan relentlessly and say how betrayed I am and will never go again, just disappointed as I, and my mates, were up for it this year.

Who the hell is actually headlining T? They've got like 5 headline calibre bands in there, whoever booked that feasted a pat on the back.

It's supposed to be the Foos, Coldplay and Artic Monkeys headlining T.

Download is just a complete letdown this year. As soon as the Big Four were announced for Sonisphere the pressure was on and they have failed to deliver big time.

Def Leppard...so wrong. Surely at this stage of their career they're a second-top nostalgia act at best. I mean, if you're comparing to other classic rock bands, AC/DC and Aerosmith are MAJOR acts. Def Leppard don't even begin to compare. Linkin Park are nothing special, although I realise that they still somehow sell truckloads of tickets. SOAD reunion is cool, but were they a serious headlining band before they split up? It's a pretty poor show all round. I suppose they could stack the undercard, but from what they've announced so far that doesn't seem all that likely either.

• Paid Members

Don't get me wrong, Def Leppard were really good at Download a couple of years ago but they haven't released a studio album since 2008 (and don't have one planned for this year) so it's going to be very much more of the same except that for a lot of people the novelty of seeing them that first time will have worn off.

They're just not the kind of band that will pull in a big crowd.

• Paid Members

Weak Download announcments. To be fair, I thought the last announcement was poor until it was put into context of placings etc. I'll be interest to see how plays out once put into poster form & we know where people are playing. A lot of these acts look like 2nd/3rd landfill. Apparently Disturbed are playing below BFMV on the Sunday & Frank Turner's headlining 3rd on the Sunday. This still leaves 3rd main Saturday & Fridays apparent 'Monster' sub. I think Black Stone Cherry will be mainstage Friday.

Personally I think this years Download will be like 2009, a decent undercard with no HUGE headliners.

• Paid Members

Well Rockness has made it's latest announcement and the line up looks like this;

Friday:

KASABIAN / Two Door Cinema Club /

Groove Armada presents Red Light / DJ Shadow

Mark Ronson DJ set / Annie Mac / Erol Alkan / Zane Lowe / Brother

Saturday:

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS / The Cribs / Frightened Rabbit / Magnetic Man / Example / Howard Marks

Sunday:

PAOLO NUTINI / Glasvegas / The Wombats / We Are Scientists / Lissie / Katy B / Boys Noize / Simian Mobile Disco / Fake Blood LIVE / DJ Yoda /

Rob da Bank / Optimo / The Cuban Brothers

There is obviously more bands to come but as it stands there is only a handful of bands I've heard of and less that I'm actually wanting to go see. Should be a good weekend regardless if we make it one.

Archived