Summer festivals 2011

brett

None of them are the final headliner. Andy Copping said this list wouldn't include the last act.

Tool have confirmed they were offered Euro fests this year but turned them down to concentrate on workingon new material, they also released rehearsal footage on youtube. Pendulum will sub to Linkin Park.

My money's on Pearl Jam for the final headliner.

I was sure I'd written I thought it'd be Pearl Jam, which I'd fuckin love, but apparently I hadn't. I think it'll look something like

Friday

Main: Pearl Jam

Second: Avenged Sevenfold

Saturday

Main: System of a Down, Korn

Second: ???

Sunday

Main: Linkin Park, Pendulum

Second: Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pretty sure LP are playing elsewhere (Nova Rock?) on the Sunday so they'll be on the Friday. Andy Copping confirmed after Hard Rock Calling last year that PJ have been asked, they've also just confirmed they'll be playing shows this summer for their 20th Anniversary, I think they're waiting to confirm their other dates before releasing any info.

I can see it looking like this

FRIDAY

Linkin Park

Pendulum

2nd

Alice Cooper

SATURDAY

System of a Down

Avenged Sevefold

BFMV

2nd

????

SUNDAY

Pearl Jam

????

Gaslight Anthem

Alter Bridge

2nd

Rob Zombie

Apparently Reading has got three exclusive headliners this year. Any ideas?

according to E-Festivals, the only two names rumored so far are The Strokes and Pulp. If I recall correctly they played the Saturday (Pulp followed by The Strokes in the headline slot) at Leeds 2002

• Paid Members

Don't know if someone dropped the ball but the Download site has updated the poster. The new bands are

Bullet For My Valentine

Korn

Alice Cooper

Alter Bridge

Danzig

The Cult

The Gaslight Anthem

Hollywood Undead

Thin Lizzy

Buckcherry

Blackveil Brides

The Damned Things

Escape The Fate

Clutch

Mr Big

GWAR

FM

Masters Of Reality

Rise To Remain

Alice Cooper, Pendulum & Rob Zombie are the second stage headliners.

Got a source where thats been confirmed mate?

Edit- just seen it confirmed by Copping on twitter. Thats going to be some annoying clashes. He's also confirmed the bill will shape up like this:

Friday

Main Stage

Headliner TBA

Sub Headliner TBA

Alter Bridge

2nd Stage

Pendulum

KoRn

3rd Stage

Danzig

Saturday

Main Stage

System of a Down

Avenged Sevenfold

2nd Stage

Alice Cooper

Sunday

Main Stage

Linkin Park

Bullet For My Valentine

2nd Stage

Rob Zombie

The Cult

Thats some awful clashes for me, particularly SOAD/Alice.

• Paid Members

The SOAD/Alice clash is a killer for me too. I saw System on the Toxicity tour & they were absolutely amazing. Towards the end of their run they were a shadow of their former selfs with really inconsistent performances. It'll be interesting to see from footage/reports from the Euro dates prior to DL what the shows are like. I hope it's not like when I saw The Verve at V, a band who obviously have no chemistry any more just getting paid. I've never seen Alice but my mates went to the Manchester Apollo date on his last tour & said he was excellent.

Looks like Copping has dismissed Pearl Jam as a headliner on Twitter last night. Efestivals have put Soundgarden up as a strong rumour. This makes sense given that Korn requested to sub to Pendulum & Korn have also stated in interviews that their recent album was heavily influenced by Soundgarden, they obviously wanted to watch whoever's booked to close the Friday.

Rumours abound that QOTSA are also playing, subbing to Soundgarden? Personally I think Josh Homme is one of the worst frontmen in rock, QOTSA were awful at Leeds in 08' & TCV were horrible at Download last year, if that's true I'll be at Korn.

There's a couple of things about this announcement that have wound me up, the re-booking of BFMV is just bizarre. I totally get bands that played low spots/small stages who rip it & get invited back in a better position but bringing back a 2nd stage headliner the following year seems mental? Also, Gaslight Anthem are considerably bigger than Alter Bridge yet they get 3rd on main & Gaslight will no doubt end up playing mid-afternoon with a 40 minute set? Where's the logic in that?

Archived