Summer festivals 2011

brett

With Glastonbury on sale Sunday, anyone going to get tickets. Im already nervous and got my fingers crossed im going to get tickets.

Looks like U2 are the first band announced http://www.u2.com/news/title/glastonbury-2011

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably the least surprising festival announcement of all time there.

The Rolling Stones have been rumoured for T in the Park. So has David Bowie, but that happens every year. The runner of T also said that Biffy Clyro might be headlining which would be terrible.

Bowie has quite live performances im sure

• Paid Members

Did Download for the first time back in June, hopefully heading back next year. Haven't seen any credible rumours floating around but I wouldn't be surprised to see Blink, as I believe they have a new album scheduled for release around June/July time.

I went Metal Camp in Slovenia this year and had a great time, so will try to again in 2011.

I also want to get to a couple more European metal festivals. Maybe Summer Breeze in Germany and/or Brutal Assault in Czech Republic.

Usual Download rumours at the moment with Soundgarden, Van Halen and Metallica all being guesstimated.

• Paid Members
I could roll with any of those download rumours to be honest. Though personally speaking, topping AC/DC and Rage in the same weekend is going to be pretty tough to top.

As fantastic as AC/DC were at Download, the festival organisers should never get into a situation like that again where they gave up so much concessions to one band.

The rest of the Friday line-up was horribly weak and the rest of the weekend was hampered by a marked lack of quality - Saturday for example was fucking awful bar Megadeth and Rage.

They HAVE to book at least one main stage headliner that isn't a "heritage" act.

Not many options there really though other than Metallica.

I'd mark hard for Van Halen on Classic rock Sunday though.

I too did Download for the first time this year, and loved for the most part.

Dout Metallica will do it cos of the three year deal with Sonisphere.

If I was to take a guess, Id go with Tool, possibly Guns N Roses and I heard rumours of a System Of A Down reunion earlier this year for this years festival which obviously never happened.

But if Im honest, Id love to KISS do it again

Id also go with Opeth, Hatebreed, Black Tide (2nd album due), Arch Enemy to be on the bill somewhere

I too did Download for the first time this year, and loved for the most part.

Dout Metallica will do it cos of the three year deal with Sonisphere.

If I was to take a guess, Id go with Tool, possibly Guns N Roses and I heard rumours of a System Of A Down reunion earlier this year for this years festival which obviously never happened.

But if Im honest, Id love to KISS do it again

Id also go with Opeth, Hatebreed, Black Tide (2nd album due), Arch Enemy to be on the bill somewhere

A Perfect Circle have reformed and apparently releasing an album next year, so i guess Tool won't be there unfortunately.

Download this year for me was so weak. RATM saved the festival for me personally. AC/DC were good but it was a show not a festival performance and felt horribly perpared rather than about the music.

Comparing to DL 2009 where you had weak headliners in FNM, Def Leppard and Slipknot but had bands like Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prodigy, Motley Crue too who could of pushed into a headliner if needed.

Limp Bizkit i think will headline with the new album coming.

Download seem to go one way or another but hopefully will find a good mid-ground between headliner overload and under load.

Comparing to DL 2009 where you had weak headliners in FNM, Def Leppard and Slipknot but had bands like Papa Roach, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Prodigy, Motley Crue too who could of pushed into a headliner if needed.

How are FNM and Slipknot weak headliners? FNM headlined everywhere in Europe that year and it was there first performance (except Brixton) in like forever. And Slipknot could headline almost any rock/metal festivals worldwide.

Archived