Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
System of a Down have been confirmed as the Saturday headliner at Download, Avenged Sevenfold will also be on the bill.

Nothing for me yet. Seen SOAD several times and they have always been awful. Really don't like Avenged Sevenfold and i don't have much interest in Rob Zombie.

I only know Rob Zombie from when he did Edge's old entrance music. Anyone want to recommend me some good songs to start with for those two?

'Hellbilly Deluxe' is a strong, and I say underated, album (Stand out tacks being Superbeast, Dragula, Living Dead Girl, Balled Of Resurrection Joe & Rosa Whore). The follow-up, 'The Sinister Urge', is a bit amd miss (and features said Edge theme, 'Never Gonna Stop'). Im not familar with anything after that as I lost interst in him after he decided he wanted to be a horror movie rip-off merchant

• Paid Members

Andy Copping confirmed A7X on Twitter earlier today, tt's thought that was going to be tonights announcement. Next announcement is next Monday, expect Rob Zombie as the mods on the official forum are deleting all posts tha reference the BBC leak & stopping peeps form posting screencaps on the page.

• Awards Moderator

Headliners for Evolution on 28th and 29th May on Newcastle Quayside have been announced.

Saturday - Iggy & The Stooges

Sunday - Plan B.

Tickets went on sale midday today, got myself a Saturday one - Evolution has never appealed to me before, but the allure of Stoogesness, even without Ron Asheton, was too great to resist...

Testament has been a name bouncing around on a couple of forums.

Not enough to make me want to part with my money yet

Testament at Bloodstock would make my day.

It was for Download that I read, but they could ewsily do both if their schedule allows.

Read on TotalRock that Trivium are about to start recording and Machine Head are currently demoing and looking to start recording in April, so Trivium could be a possible shout for Download, and Machine Head maybe for Sonisphere

Archived