Summer festivals 2011

brett

I've never seen Slipknot as a headline band - a good second on the bill. Tool should be nowhere near a headline slot unless you want half the audience to be asleep by the end of it.

There's going to be a real problem with headliners in that I just can't see who is going to be booked in the years to come. All the bands in that position at the minute are relatively old and there just don't seem to be the younger acts coming through who look like they can become must-see, worldwide acts. At least, I don't think so.

Its a good point to make, and buy having acts in AC/DC and Aerosmith this year, its going to take some like a Van Halen/Soundgarden/SOAD reunion to top it. If Blink.182 were to headline, thats me either watching another stage or back to the tents. Not to mention the number of 'punks' there.

Agreed. I mean i like Blink 182 but there is no way they should ever be headlining. At a push i could accept them headlining the second stage but only if there was no-one else.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulp have been confirmed as headliners of Wireless.

Pulp are confirmed to headline the festival on Sunday 3rd July. A statement from the band issued today reads as follows:

Pulp have decided to get together and play some concerts next summer. The shows will involve all the original members of the band (Nick Banks, Jarvis Cocker, Candida Doyle, Steve Mackey, Russell Senior & Mark Webber) and they will be playing songs from all periods of their career. (Yes, that means they'll be playing your favourites). If you wish to know any more then please visit www.pulppeople.com where you will be subjected to a barrage of cryptic questions. In the meantime ask yourself this: "Do You Remember The First Time?"

Pulp are the first of many big name artists to be announced to play across the Park's four stages. Further dates and acts will be announced in the coming weeks. Entering its seventh consecutive year Wireless promoter Steve Homer from Live Nation said, "Wireless has a long tradition of pulling off extraordinary coups and next year is no exception, we're delighted to be welcoming Pulp to headline in 2011, this is guaranteed to be a must see event."

Tickets will be priced at

• Paid Members

....i don't really have any desire to go back to Download, ive been twice and that was just before they changed everything around up there. Last year's lineup was just fucking weird, it was nostalgia weekend and judging from what ive heard from people who went it was a pretty shitty weekend, the weather ruined it last year.

• Paid Members

Download was strange this year. The Friday was essentially an AC/DC gig & didn't feel like a festival at all. People just camped up at main stage on folding chairs waiting for DC. It didn't help that Them Crooked Vultures were dreadful & made for a complete lack of atmosphere. The Saturday was fine & the bad weather only came about 4pm on Sunday but when it decided to rain it absolutely hammered it down & caught people unaware as it had been so nice all weekend until then.

It should be back to normal next year though & still the best big festie in the UK.

it was my first Download, so obviously I cant comment for any changes they had made, but I had a great weekend, much more fun than Leeds Festival which was useually our festival of choice. The weather only turned shite when Billy Idol came on on the sunday afternoon, the rest of the weekend (apart a very very mild spot rain) was blazing sunshine.

The lastest rumours on efestivals are listed as Foo Fighters, Ozzy Osbourne and Van Halen, which I could maybe see Ozzy and Van Halen (at a very longshot) doing. Foo's are more of a Leeds/Reading/V festival band

Ive been to Bloodstock a few times before (02-04), but theres something about it now that just ticks me off. Its almost got this air of "I don't go to Download/Sonisphere, I only listen to 'real' metal" snobbery about it. (not saying that about you personally, Ebb or lostprophet_y2j)

A friend of mine on Facebook who has correctly predicted each IOW Festival announcement so far. Has today said Jamiroquai Friday before KOL, Blur to headline above Kasabian on the Sunday and Rhianna, Dolly Parton and The Cranberries in the Big Top.

Archived