Summer festivals 2011

brett

Prince, U2 and Coldplay as the Glastonbury headliners ? The Sun said that and they called it well last year too.

great not a single one i'd be bothered about watching

You wouldn't be bothered about seeing Prince live?

I'd probably watch a bit of Prince before wondering off to see someone else. I've never been a fan of his.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Andy Copping has recently confirmed 2 headliners have been booked for Download & the 3rd is almost done. Last night a French radio station also confirmed System Of A Down are playing in France on July 6th amongst other European shows. Looks like Download has SOAD, Ozzy & either Van Halen or Rush as the classic headliner. Judas Priest are also expected to play.

• Paid Members
Ive been to Bloodstock a few times before (02-04), but theres something about it now that just ticks me off. Its almost got this air of "I don't go to Download/Sonisphere, I only listen to 'real' metal" snobbery about it. (not saying that about you personally, Ebb or lostprophet_y2j)

haha, i feel you :)

you should go again though, 02-04 were tiny compared to what the festival is putting on now. As for the atmosphere i think its much better, i don't get snobbery, i get the sense that im surrounded by real music fans....the music on offer, for me is much better than Download as well. Every year I look at the Download lineup i can usually say ive seen most of the bands playing (the ones i like anyways), Bloodstock on the other hand offers up some pretty unique experiences every year.

Plus being in a crowd is of 12,000 as opposed to a crowd of 60,000 is just way more appealing to me, it makes everything so much easier.

Andy Copping has recently confirmed 2 headliners have been booked for Download & the 3rd is almost done. Last night a French radio station also confirmed System Of A Down are playing in France on July 6th amongst other European shows. Looks like Download has SOAD, Ozzy & either Van Halen or Rush as the classic headliner. Judas Priest are also expected to play.

Plus an announcement by the end of the month.

Foo Fighters are also strongly rumored for Download too and would just have to headline.

• Paid Members

I have my tickets for IOW again this year. So far we have Kings of Leon headlining Friday, Foo Fighters on Saturday (with Pulp just before them) and Kasabian on the Sunday. Was hoping for a "bigger" act than Kasabian with them just before but it should be pretty good whatever.

Going to be doing Leeds for the first time since '07, and I can't wait. Still ranks up there among the best weekends I've ever had.

Funnily enough I wasn't even meant to be going that year, I was the only one out of my mates that didn't have a ticket and they were all naturally hyped as fuck for it in the weeks leading up to it. Whenever we went for a drink, I just sulked and stared into my pint while they all made their battle plans and worked out which bands they'd be seeing. They were all travelling together on the train on the Friday morning, so decided to get together on the Thursday night for a warm up, which I declined and decided to sit at home, wank and sit at the computer.

It got to about half past 9 when I got talking to an ex on MSN who, due to last minute changes, couldn't make Leeds and I obviously told her I'd buy her ticket there and then. So I used the money I'd been saving up for driving lessons and a cheap first car and went straight around to hers the next morning and got the fucking ticket off her. I still remember just how amazing it felt ringing the lads up last minute on the night and saying "I'm coming with you fuckers".

So, with literally minutes to spare before the train came I zapped around town getting everything I could. I looked like such a tool stood next to them whilst they had their backpacks and stuff packed away and I was stood waiting to board the train with two Tesco carrier bags full of shit! Fuck it, I was going to Leeds!

Just gonna make sure I get my ticket in plenty of due time this year.

• Paid Members

Awesome. I just hope this SOAD reunion isn't like when I (unfortunately) saw 'The Verve' at V & it was obvious that they were going through the motions & there was no chemistry between the band whatsoever. On last weeks 'Metal Hammer' podcast they had the head honcho from 'Scuzz' on there & they were saying that SOAD are a band full of ego's, they reckoned that if they do headline they'll probably throw in some 'Scars on Broadway' & Serge's solo stuff in the set to appease all the band members. Like when Linkin Park headlined Soni & has a mini 'Minutes to Midnight' set.

Archived