Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Paid Members
Why? Because of the syle of music or because you don't think she's a 'big enough' act?

Both. Personally I think she is an amazing performer but having been to Glasto the past two years I can't really imagine the Glasto crowd singing along to her tracks and also she hasn't had any really true EPIC hits or songs that will go down a storm at a festival. I'm predicting that the Pyramind stage crowd will be fairly empty on Sunday night.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why? Because of the syle of music or because you don't think she's a 'big enough' act?

Both. Personally I think she is an amazing performer but having been to Glasto the past two years I can't really imagine the Glasto crowd singing along to her tracks and also she hasn't had any really true EPIC hits or songs that will go down a storm at a festival. I'm predicting that the Pyramind stage crowd will be fairly empty on Sunday night.

Crazy In Love, Single Ladies? And if she still plays Destinys Child songs you can add Bootylicious, Survivor and Say My Name to that.

Thats five without even really trying.

• Paid Members

I reckon she'll storm it tbh. The whole Glasto attitude makes me laugh, most people I know who go claim to have such varied & eclectic taste yet piss & moan when Jay-Z/Beyonce get announced as headliner. Might aswell just rotate between Radiohead. Muse & Coldplay.

• Paid Members
I reckon she'll storm it tbh. The whole Glasto attitude makes me laugh, most people I know who go claim to have such varied & eclectic taste yet piss & moan when Jay-Z/Beyonce get announced as headliner. Might aswell just rotate between Radiohead. Muse & Coldplay.

I don't think that's fair. Personally I think Radiohead, Muse & Coldplay are shit and everyone I know going to Glasto is pissed off U2 and Coldplay are going to be there. However, last year Stevie Wonder finished off Glasto with an amazing incredible set filled with classic hits from multiple decades that everyone loves no matter what music tastes you have. This is Beyonce for fucks sake, she's hardly in the same league.

I don't think that's fair. Personally I think Radiohead, Muse & Coldplay are shit and everyone I know going to Glasto is pissed off U2 and Coldplay are going to be there. However, last year Stevie Wonder finished off Glasto with an amazing incredible set filled with classic hits from multiple decades that everyone loves no matter what music tastes you have. This is Beyonce for fucks sake, she's hardly in the same league.

Im going and no way do i think U2 is a bad idea, if U2 get it right and go greatest hits it will go down a storm.

Glastonbury is for all different types of music and im still as excited as i was when I went to my first

http://www.youtube.com/coachella

They are showing EVERYTHING. Three channels. Tonight has The Drums, Cee Lo Green, Interpol, Lauryn Hill, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, !!!, Cold War Kids, Titus Andronicus, Flogging Molly among others. Starts at 23.00 with !!! on their Channel 2. The Drums are on channel 1 10 minutes later.

I heard she was originally meant to be subbing so that makes sense. Think I'd watch Bonce over QOTSA, saw Queens at Leeds in 08' & they were the dullest band of the weekend.

I thought that when I saw them in 2002. So gave them another chance in 2008 thinking "maybe they just weren't 'on it' when I saw them last time". Nope, they were still the dullest band of the weekend

I must just be a massive Josh Homme mark or something, but I thoroughly enjoyed Queens at Leeds last year (OK, the patter was substandard, but that's cool - NO-ONE was topping NOFX's banter anyway) and even got a real kick out the epic "8 songs in 75 minutes" from Them Crooked Vultures at Download, which everyone else I've heard mention it just loathed.

• Paid Members

You must be cause' the TCV set at Download was one of the worst, dullest & self indulgent things I've ever witnessed. I've never seen so many people for a mainstage sub-headliner (a position they only got due to the members star power) stood round with their backs to the stage just talking & not paying any attention to the band. Such a waste of a high slot IMO that could've gone to a band who would've got the crowd pumped up for AC/DC.

I enjoyed the TCV set at Download, mainly because it was more skewed to a prog rock sort of sound which was lacking at DL as a whole, but it was a rather odd placing on the bill having them just below AC/DC.

Archived