Summer festivals 2011

brett

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Descendents self-confirm for Reading via their website. No one else may care but I fucking love them and am off to Reading this year so it's hoorays all around!

my friend, who is a massive fan, went to see Descendentsthe other night in London and said they were shit. Don't know if it just wasnt happeneing that night, but he's never been so disappointed

Dave 2Tone posted about it in the gigs thread, apparently the dude blew his voice out so it was a bit of a shambles with swapping vocals and instruments.

• Paid Members
my friend, who is a massive fan, went to see Descendentsthe other night in London and said they were shit. Don't know if it just wasnt happeneing that night, but he's never been so disappointed

Dave 2Tone posted about it in the gigs thread, apparently the dude blew his voice out so it was a bit of a shambles with swapping vocals and instruments.

Yeah they've apologised for it on their website and had to cancel a bunch of gigs because of it.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Got back from Download last night. Had planned to stay until today but the weather yesterday and resulting conditions pushed us to set off after Linkin Park last night. On reflection, it probably would have been better leaving before. Not impressed with them at all. Can't quite put my finger on why. It just felt like all style and no substance.

Not all bad though!

Personal highlights were the two Skindred sets - acoustic on Friday and Main Stage on Saturday. Benji Webbe had an estimated 30,000 people doing the Robot and the Newport Helicopter.

Skipped SOAD to see Alice Cooper for the first time. Well worth it for me. All the famous stage antics with the Frankenstein, Guillotine and stabbing the photographer. Played a new song called I'll Bite Your Face Off which was pretty cool.

Avenged Sevenfold were a lot better than I expected. Wasn't really a fan before but I may have been converted.

My mate went to see a band in the Pepsi Max tent yesterday and was shocked to find that the drummer that looked like Al Murray actually was Al Murray.

I'm still certain that this festival involves far too much walking but all in all, great weekend up until the weather took a turn for the worse.

• Paid Members

Well Rockness was shit.

Only saw 4 bands. The Cribs, Kasabian, We Are Scientists and Beardyman.

Hated the festival. Thank christ we had VIP so 3 of us could get away from the cunts we were with and have some drinks in the very nice marquee.

I saw Beardyman last summer at a festival where I was doing sound on another stage. Snuck off for a break and watched him from the side of the stage and while it's not really my usual kind of thing, he's pretty fucking cool, and a tent of about 2000 kids were going absolutely nuts for it. Very impressed.

• Paid Members
I saw Beardyman last summer at a festival where I was doing sound on another stage. Snuck off for a break and watched him from the side of the stage and while it's not really my usual kind of thing, he's pretty fucking cool, and a tent of about 2000 kids were going absolutely nuts for it. Very impressed.

Yeah, as you may have guessed, I'm more of a Rock kind of guy. But it's the aww in what he does with his voice and the looping technology he has. He was in the 2nd biggest stage and the tent was packed. Was really, really good.

Got back from Nova Rock in Austria late last night, it single handedly kicked the ass of every Download festival I've ever been to. The people were great, it was so easy to get to, the weather was upper 20's every day, you could get a cold beer in the campsite for 1 Euro, sound was great, set times were longer than the average english fest, we had 4 main headliners and all the bands I wanted to see were fantastic.

It was surreal to see Volbeat, one of my favourite bands, who are pretty unknown in the UK play a headline set to 55,000 people. My favourite bands of the weekend were them, Alter Bridge, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Korn and Wolfmother. But like I said, everyone we saw put in an awesome set. I'd be well up for again next year if the line up is good.

Did it rain all weekend at Download? Or just suddenly turn to shit a la Sunday last year?

Got back from Nova Rock in Austria late last night, it single handedly kicked the ass of every Download festival I've ever been to. The people were great, it was so easy to get to, the weather was upper 20's every day, you could get a cold beer in the campsite for 1 Euro, sound was great, set times were longer than the average english fest, we had 4 main headliners and all the bands I wanted to see were fantastic.

It was surreal to see Volbeat, one of my favourite bands, who are pretty unknown in the UK play a headline set to 55,000 people. My favourite bands of the weekend were them, Alter Bridge, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Korn and Wolfmother. But like I said, everyone we saw put in an awesome set. I'd be well up for again next year if the line up is good.

Did it rain all weekend at Download? Or just suddenly turn to shit a la Sunday last year?

I went to Nova Rock in 09! It was awesome, is the beer that ottorocker stuff or something in the campsite? Can't beleive its still a Euro! Glad to hear its still good!

I went to Nova Rock in 09! It was awesome, is the beer that ottorocker stuff or something in the campsite? Can't beleive its still a Euro! Glad to hear its still good!

Yeah Ottarocker! We weren't expect much for a euro, but it was surprisingly good and served ice cold. Brough a can back with me.

Yeah Ottarocker! We weren't expect much for a euro, but it was surprisingly good and served ice cold. Brough a can back with me.

Cool, yeah can't believe its still a euro, inflation hasn't gotten to it. Great festival was Nova Rock, had an amazing time when I was there. We had The Gaslight Anthem, Dredg, Metallica, Faith No More, Mastodon, Nine Inch Nails and And So I Watch You From Afar. Really awesome time.

As for this years festivals, I've done a festival in '07 and '09 so I'm looking to do one this year, hopefully End Of The Road or Electric Picnic depending on mates.

Archived