Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 16, 2024 8 minutes ago, Retro Red said: When you’re in the cps menu press start to bring up the options and go to emulator settings - play about with the core/emulators in there and you should get some joy. Thank you. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted December 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2024 This could be loads of fun. Even for me. I'm incredibly rubbish at this type of beat em up. Where has that music been ripped from? Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted December 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2024 7 hours ago, BigJag said: This could be loads of fun. Even for me. I'm incredibly rubbish at this type of beat em up. Where has that music been ripped from? Hilarious! But I bet it plays like poo. Very Killer Instinct! Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 I’m trying to flash ArkOS onto a Samsung EVO micro SD card for my R36X. I don’t have a card reader for my windows laptop so I’m having to use an old iMac that has the built in card reader. I’ve tried using the official instructions, from what I can tell the images are being flashed correctly, as afterwards the system sees and mounts the boot and rom partitions. But when I plug it in to the unit, it just does nothing. Any other Mac nonces had a go at this? Prob doesn’t help that my machine is limited to 10.12.6, mind. And yes I can buy a card reader to plug into my laptop, I know…but time is short! Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 Sorry for the double post, just for closure. I cloned the original SD card that came with the unit using ApplePi baker. I then pushed that image to a bigger SD card (I was originally going to do the split SD cards for ROMs/OS). The new card with the old image works fine. And presumably it’s the shitty SD cards that fail, rather than anything intrinsically wrong with the built in OS? Anyway it’s wrapped and under the tree now. Quote
TibBo Posted December 20, 2024 Posted December 20, 2024 Could have maybe put the card in a phone/camera/printer and used that as a reader? Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2024 On 12/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, BigJag said: This could be loads of fun. Even for me. I'm incredibly rubbish at this type of beat em up. Where has that music been ripped from? It looks interesting. I wonder whether they've done like the makers of Saturday Morning RPG did and asked Vince DiCola to do the music. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 Vicky loved her little retro handheld, especially when she found some of the PS1 games she used to play when she was a kid. She pressed the random game button and it popped her onto the PC Engine version of Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition (heck of a port). That I managed to recognise it just from the sound worried her a little until I told her how much I love fighting games. I sent her some eShop credit so she could get herself something from me today as we opened our Christmas presents for each other at the weekend. I also told her about the anniversary collection being £8 "so she can practice and play against me", but I don't know whether she will. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted December 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 26, 2024 I was unexpectedly given an R36S for Christmas, as what could have been the obligatory shite older relative gift. This welters, she accidentally stumbled upon something decent, which is just wonderful. I’ve started my journey with this thing by playing through the highly underrated GBA Crash Bandicoot games. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted December 26, 2024 Posted December 26, 2024 Fun video about a US retro gamer and Youtuber trying to find and rescue an extremely rare and massive CRT TV. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 26, 2024 5 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I was unexpectedly given an R36S for Christmas, as what could have been the obligatory shite older relative gift. This welters, she accidentally stumbled upon something decent, which is just wonderful. I’ve started my journey with this thing by playing through the highly underrated GBA Crash Bandicoot games. I've been playing the GBA Lilo and Stitch game. It's a little run & gun, not a million miles from Alien Hominid. It's developed by Digital Eclipse if memory serves. I've also got an RG Arc S on the way from Aliexpress because I like the 6 button layout for more Street Fighter etc on the go. It should be waiting for me when I get back from Wales. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Been playing a bit of Star Wars: Dark Forces which is an old PC FPS Doom-like. It’s OK. Gameplay is as expected but the level design is a little obtuse, sometimes requiring a lot more thinking than a Duke Nukem or Shadow Warrior. I’ll tell you what though. My 2025 obsession might just be old home computer MIDI soundtracks. This one has a corker of an OST and it sounds brilliant on that old DOS sound font. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted December 30, 2024 Posted December 30, 2024 Dark Forces was the first FPS I ever played. My friends dad (who looked like Pavarotti btw) had a home office back in the day and he had various PC games. I assume he used to claim he was working when in fact he was gaming. Either that or busting off as we found some bongo in there once. Great game. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 Apparently somebody has released a Dreamcadt version of GTAIII into the wild. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 31, 2024 Posted December 31, 2024 Nice, I bet it's a port of re3 which was a big reverse engineering job that made the game play better and smoother than the original. That and reVC are the only way I'd play either game today. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.