Retro Red Posted July 21, 2024 Posted July 21, 2024 8 hours ago, Jazzy G said: Oops. I also ays thought it was August for some reason. Ah well, I can watch them back on YouTube. Frame Fatales is next month, run by GDQ so that might be what you’re thinking of Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted July 21, 2024 Posted July 21, 2024 So it’s rumoured that Marvel Vs Capcom Collection will shadow drop tonight after the EVO finals and now that SNK Vs Capcom is out it’s only a matter of time until my favourite fighting game Capcom Vs SNK 2 will be announced! Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 22, 2024 Posted July 22, 2024 So this week we roll the dice and head to Bas Vegas aka Basildon Now I really do like this branch of CEX, it's clean and everything is nicely displayed and you can tell staff actually give a shit Alongside that, the stock was really good Seeing a circular Saturn pad in the wild was unexpected and some really good conditioned steelbook and slip covered games were found on the day I picked up a copy of Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 which was in great condition which is rare to see And I was tempted on Tekken 8 limited edition which is priced the same as the normal version at 25 quid Boy that dropped off quick I'll be going back soon as they had a nice copy of Silent Hill on the PS1 which is one of the games on my hot list All in all a very good experience and a good shop Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29, 2024 Posted July 29, 2024 There's so much stuff on there that still isn't available anywhere else legally, both games and DLC not on later Xbox consoles. I guess the 360 is now retro.. if only there was an easier way to hack them like the PS3 and Wii/U. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted July 29, 2024 Posted July 29, 2024 (edited) I think the 360 has been considered retro for a while now. It was launched in 2005. Edited July 29, 2024 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2024 RIP Marble Blast Ultra Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29, 2024 Posted July 29, 2024 19 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: I think the 360 has been considered retro for a while now. It was launched in 2005. I think it's usually a 20 year thing for many people so was well on it's way anyway. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 30, 2024 On 7/22/2024 at 9:32 PM, Big Bully Busick said: So this week we roll the dice and head to Bas Vegas aka Basildon That’s my local. As that’s my current hometown! It’s not a bad one, you get the odd gem. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 30, 2024 A tip-off for anyone in Scotland looking to purchase retro games - or games in general, I suppose. I've mentioned Forgotten Worlds in Stewarton (Scotland's biggest retro games store - perhaps the biggest in the UK) before, so I'll do that again before giving my second recommendation. The CEX in Dundee is tremendous - likely due to the fact the city has such a large community of game developers and gaming students (one of the unis there has a pretty significant games development course) Every time I've been there I've picked up an absolute gem, and their stock is so diverse even for modern consoles. Obviously with it being CEX there's never any guarantee, but it's easily the most consistently brilliant CEX store I've visited as far as videogames is concerned. I picked up a bunch of 3DS and DS games during my most recent visits including Metroid: Samus Returns, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Monster Hunter Stories, Rhythm Paradise Megamix and 7th Dragon III Code VFD. Not all of these were cheap, but a few trade ins helped ease the burden somewhat. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 30, 2024 (edited) After being really impressed with my knockoff Castlevania III from AliExpress I took a major plunge the other day and ordered a batch of SNES carts. The games, including tax and postage came to £54 and I got Castlevania: Vampire’s Kiss (Dracula X), Final Fantasy VI, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and Mega Man and Bass. They’ll be arriving in a week or two. Hoping the SNES quality is as good as the NES quality. Despite some of them never coming out here they all had EUR ROM versions available so they should just plug and play. Curious if the ones with battery saves are reliable, but given my legit Sim City battery dies every time I play it, it can’t be any worse than that I guess. Happy with the price, as the only one of those games I’d legit be able to afford is Turtles and that clocks in at £70 for a mangled and faded legit cart. The others we either never got or cost into the several hundreds and thousands. Edited July 30, 2024 by FLips Quote
King Coconut Posted July 30, 2024 Posted July 30, 2024 1 hour ago, FLips said: several hundreds and thousands. Jesus! You wouldn't even want to play it. God bless the snide market. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 30, 2024 Posted July 30, 2024 It feels like the graded speculation scam had somehow also increased the prices of retro games in general possibly because of the mainstream attention it garnered and a bunch of new collectors, plus there's been no true come down in prices since the rise after COVID started. But if there's any good news it's that the dickheads doing the former are largely screwed, many graded games now losing up to 90% of their "worth" instead of boosting prices after their fake sales. But yeah, I've even noticed a rise in PS3 and 360 games lately. It's not a major rise but a fair few of the more cult like games are creeping up, even not so rare titles like Deadly Premonition, Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop Chainsaw. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 30, 2024 Posted July 30, 2024 20 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: That’s my local. As that’s my current hometown! It’s not a bad one, you get the odd gem. Yeah I really liked it in there Think I'll be going back in a week or so to pick up a heavy hitter Quote
Merzbow Posted July 31, 2024 Posted July 31, 2024 I think I might find myself another 360 and just bite the bullet and hard mod it, I see them for like 30 quid in Cashies but the annoying thing is getting the best compatible motherboard. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.