Paid Members BigJag Posted July 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 6, 2024 (edited) The developer has just uploaded this video of gameplay footage. From his remake of Sega Rally. Finally got round to watching this. Wow! A lot more impressive than I was expecting. Really like the various lighting effects and surface transitions. The handling looks to be quite tight and direct. That should be adjustable. Moves along at an impressive rate. I'm guessing that's 60fps. A rate that always gets referenced for stuff such as this. I may finally give Steam a whirl for this. Edited July 6, 2024 by BigJag Quote
Merzbow Posted July 6, 2024 Posted July 6, 2024 Speaking of Sega remakes, I've been having a bash at the Japan only Die Hard Arcade remake for PS2. Aside from not being able to read the QTE parts it's the ultimate version and looks really nice for a PS2 remaster, it also includes the Sega Saturn version although I'm sure it's not true emulation. It's funny as they totally don't have the license to use Bruce's likeness yet this port has it unlike the original, maybe why it never got a Western port. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 That's another classic that I have not played on any format. I had no idea that a PS2 version existed. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 Very generous with Bruce Willis' hairline there. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 Maybe that's their legal defence? I picked up the Atari 50 collection in Switch as it was half price and I'm still very irresponsible with money. The museum stuff is fantastic. Videos, articles, fliers. That's worth the money alone, but add in that there's over a hundred classic Atari games as well, plus some remakes, and it's even better value. Digital Eclipse are the kings of collections like this. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 9, 2024 Posted July 9, 2024 So my CEX tours continue with a visit to Clapham Junction this week First time visiting here and staff were friendly and the shop was clean (I score bonus points for this) Some decent retro and I almost bought a GBA but held off (since managed to find one in crack converters for 40 quid) and a few Dreamcast games I got my eye on However when it comes to the other disc based systems there wasn't too much to write home about I did really want to buy Ecco the Dolphin on the PS2 but no manual, another time then I guess Not a bad store at all and it's always good to see the staff being in to games as they were here and visiting a clean and tidy shop Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 9, 2024 Posted July 9, 2024 (edited) On 7/7/2024 at 9:41 AM, Jazzy G said: Maybe that's their legal defence? I picked up the Atari 50 collection in Switch as it was half price and I'm still very irresponsible with money. The museum stuff is fantastic. Videos, articles, fliers. That's worth the money alone, but add in that there's over a hundred classic Atari games as well, plus some remakes, and it's even better value. Digital Eclipse are the kings of collections like this. The care taken by them when putting this collection together is pretty much what makes it a must own imo Plus the first time legal emulation of the Jaguar officially Edited July 9, 2024 by Big Bully Busick Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2024 Such a shame they couldn't get the rights to stick the Jaguar version of Alien Vs Predator on here. I remember managing to finish it when I was a teenager. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 10, 2024 Posted July 10, 2024 10 hours ago, Jazzy G said: Such a shame they couldn't get the rights to stick the Jaguar version of Alien Vs Predator on here. I remember managing to finish it when I was a teenager. Possibly the best game on the system So I'm trying to get as many Silent Hill games as I can I don't care what platform they are on as some as stupid expensive So far in the last month I managed to buy Silent hill 2 and 3 for 100 Silent Hill 4 is only 18 pound on the OG Xbox so added that recently And yesterday my local CEX had Shattered memories on the Will in stock so used up my vouchers and added that I have homecoming already so now the real expensive ones left to aim for What am I doing with my life ? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 (edited) @Devon Malcolmmentioning it in another thread has had me load up DOOM II on my Switch. I forgot they added mod support so played through one called The Trooper's Playground (TPP) which is only about 8 or so levels long but good fun. It's heavy with the press a switch and run puzzles and the old wall full of enemies opens behind you trick but it's short and sweet. I have DOOM 3 on there as well which I'll get around to as it's a classic but I much prefer the fast paced run and gun stuff to the more intense horror of that one. That bit with the Imp blasting out the stairs still gets me even when I know it's coming so looking forward to that. Hell of a title theme too. Also went back to try and do more of Super Mario Wonder (I know it's not retro but I'm not splitting my post for it) and I'm still finding it lacking. I'm on the last couple of worlds but nothing about it is impressing me as much as previous Mario titles, least of all the music. I'm on World 5 and couldn't repeat a single track to you if you held a gun to my head. I could do that for most previous Marios so this one is a real shame. Me and my wife have been playing a lot of Beatles/Green Day/Rock Band 3 on the 360 too. Back in the day I got embarrassingly decent at it and while I can still get through most the tracks on Expert or Hard I've definitely lost a few steps. All my DLC is still there as well as the imported Rock Band 1 and 2 songs so we have something like 300 tracks on there. Sadly the Xbox 360 servers are dead now so we can't purchase any more tracks now and I don't think there's a way to pirate them onto it. I had my 360 during Uni so have decent memories of the band me and my flatmates made back when I had a mic, keyboard and drums. It got a lot of play time, especially after a few drinks. We only have one guitar at the minute. My wife asked me to get a second one and they're surprisingly expensive now. I thought they would have been bargain bin tat like the Wii Fit Board. Edited July 13, 2024 by FLips Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 I missed your retro games posts most during my absence, @FLips! Still as brilliant a read as ever. If you live in Scotland - specifically the west coast of Scotland, it turns out we are home to what is certainly the biggest retro game store in Scotland and probably the biggest in the UK. It’s called Forgotten Worlds, and it’s in Stewarton - check out their YouTube here to get a sense of the scale. I had no idea it even existed until I stumbled across it by accident. Maybe it’s well known and I’m totally ignorant, I don’t know. But it’s absolutely brilliant. If it exists and it’s games related, it’s almost certainly there - I felt like a kid at Christmas stepping through those doors, finding a complete version of the very first boxed Amiga I ever owned as a child. There are games from right across the world, including rare and ill-fated consoles, it’s bloody brilliant. I spent a decent amount of money on my visit, and I’ll go over what I bought a bit later. I wanted to give the store its own post though as it deserves visibility and I don’t want it to go anywhere. If you’re visiting Glasgow this summer, it’s a half-hour drive away. And it’s worth the trip. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2024 Looking forward to your post about your retro purchases Rooster! Turns out the reason all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band peripheral stuff is through the roof at the minute is because Harmonix was bought by Epic Games and they added some sort of concert mode to Fortnite that uses them because of course they fucking did. Cunts. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 15, 2024 Posted July 15, 2024 So I thought I'd sit on this video, hoping it would tie in nicely with England winning last night Didn't quite go to plan did it Anyway Wembley CEX I haven't been here in some time but have fond memories of seeing good stock when I have been previously Always pop in here when I'm going to an event close by but today was a planned visit and I got there within the first hour of opening Retro was a bit lacking in here but seeing CJ the Elephant in stock isn't something you see every day I remember them having an arcade machine (a few other branches used to have this to but it's sadly died a death) and whilst it was still there it was off and had most dust on it than an Alex Shane wristband so not used often it seems Whilst the Retro was lacking, the disc based games sections like PS2, Xbox, PS3, Wii etc was huge and a fair few oddities in stock I didn't pick up too much but what I did pick up I was happy with Esp a PS5 game with a lovely slip cover and steelbook on the cheap Next shop Basildon (Bas Vegas) Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2024 (edited) @FLipsany plans to pick up Doom64 on your Switch, if you don't already have it? I remember playing through that and Perfect Dark on my house mate's N64 in uni, at least until our other housemate got a PS3 and Gran Turismo 3. Edited July 16, 2024 by Jazzy G Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2024 Just now, Jazzy G said: @FLipsany plans to pick up Doom64 on you Switch, if you don't already have it? I remember playing through that and Perfect Dark on my house mate's N64 in uni, at least until our other housemate got a PS3 and Gran Turismo 3. Already have it. May get around to it after I’m done with 3! It’s a fantastic game, glad it got ported to modern consoles Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.