Merzbow Posted June 20, 2024 Posted June 20, 2024 I'd love to see a Sega Arcade Racer collection or something, we know they can be emulated well by looking at Yakuza/Judgment etc. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 Yeah. Sega haven't really tapped that market. They did set up the Sega racing studio for a while. Unfortunately they didn't really hit their stride before being shut down and absorbed by Codemasters. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 Am I the only one wanting Outrun 3? I love Outrun 2 so much, but it’s been 20 years or so now since it’s oh release and I’d love an update. And I know Sega still make decent arcade games, their Mission Impossible shooter was great fun. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 That looks amazing! Where in the UK can it be played? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 (edited) 12 minutes ago, BigJag said: That looks amazing! Where in the UK can it be played? I played it Southend, but the cabinet disappeared after a few months (they had the biggest version). My friend in Brighton said he played it near Hove last year. No idea why it’s so rare in the UK. this is the big one, the regular looks more like a traditional up right 2 player shooter @Devon Malcolmits not based on the film, but I feel you should be aware of its existence Edited June 20, 2024 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 https://www.amusements.co.uk/a-to-z-games/mission-impossible-arcade The cabinet for MI must be huge! Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 1 hour ago, BigJag said: https://www.amusements.co.uk/a-to-z-games/mission-impossible-arcade The cabinet for MI must be huge! It is, it’s probably why it didn’t last long because it probably took the place of 2-3 machines, although as you can see in my picture, it’s basically back to back 2 player games (I don’t think they were linked, could be wrong it was a couple of years ago). Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/4362439 Bunch of retro PC games for sale here. Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Sensible World.Of Soccer, Cannon Fodder too name but a few. Mostly for just over a quid each. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted June 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2024 Nice one, thanks for that. I’m now off to bed early to play Sensible World of Soccer on the Steam Deck. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2024 (edited) https://www.timeextension.com/features/meet-the-solo-dev-whose-sega-rally-tribute-could-become-an-official-sequel This guy is recreating Sega Rally using the Unreal engine. It's look very authentic. Edited June 22, 2024 by BigJag Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2024 On 6/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, Merzbow said: I'd love to see a Sega Arcade Racer collection or something, we know they can be emulated well by looking at Yakuza/Judgment etc. It'd be interesting. They could have Outrun, Super Hang-On, Virtua Racing, Daytona USA, and Sega Rally Maybe pop Scud Racer or Manx TT in there as well? Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 23, 2024 Don't Forget Sega Touring Car Championship. Which I am surprised to find. Was released on the Saturn. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 23, 2024 Posted June 23, 2024 Never played this Sensi clone but there's a great little story behind it and the team, another banger from Kim. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 23, 2024 I can't do those 8 red coins in the sky near the end of Mario 64. That level is my The Banyan Tree. Fuck it, 119 stars will do. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 23, 2024 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: I can't do those 8 red coins in the sky near the end of Mario 64. That level is my The Banyan Tree. Fuck it, 119 stars will do. That's usually where I give up too (that level, not that many stars, I think my N64 file is on about 80). In all these years I still can't figure out the flying momentum or mechanics, I just dip up and down until I run out of speed and fall to my death. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.