Merzbow Posted June 1, 2024 Posted June 1, 2024 My one real issue with Evercade is licensing, some carts will stop being produced due to them losing the license and not being able get it back for whatever reason. I think all of the Atari ones have already been sacked off for that reason, although I heard bad things about the controls for many of the games. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 1, 2024 Yeah, the older models had pretty squishy controls. £200 for an arcade cab isn't bad, but it'd be weird playing some if the older games on it. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted June 2, 2024 Posted June 2, 2024 On 6/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, Merzbow said: My one real issue with Evercade is licensing, some carts will stop being produced due to them losing the license and not being able get it back for whatever reason. I think all of the Atari ones have already been sacked off for that reason, although I heard bad things about the controls for many of the games. Atari is now a legacy cart, that's correct but the controls were OK It might be the Intellivision ones your on about? Truly dreadful in every department Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2024 Has anyone used one of these? It's a case that can also be used as a controller for an emulator. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 3, 2024 Posted June 3, 2024 The buttons look horribly mushy and all they do is touch the screen for you rather than be proper inputs like a Bluetooth/USB controller, it's a sweet looking design though. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2024 Yeah. It'll be an interesting thing to try out. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted June 5, 2024 Posted June 5, 2024 (edited) I enjoy setting myself some challenges when heading out to a CEX With this video I limit myself to just £7 and have to find at least 3 games I intend on playing Now this can be harder than it sounds, dependant on the shop you choose to go If the stock is small, you are essentially reducing the chances of success Admitedly this one was more difficult than I anticipated when I visited Stratford Edited June 5, 2024 by Big Bully Busick Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 5, 2024 Posted June 5, 2024 Anyone given this magazine a go? I'm tempted. Quote
westlondonmist Posted June 6, 2024 Posted June 6, 2024 On 6/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, Merzbow said: My one real issue with Evercade is licensing, some carts will stop being produced due to them losing the license and not being able get it back for whatever reason. I think all of the Atari ones have already been sacked off for that reason, although I heard bad things about the controls for many of the games. Atari games used trackballs, joy sticks or paddles so they weren't meant to be played on a pad and it can take some getting used to. I still have my evercade and games but I'd sort of given up. Some of the carts just don't work properly, some just outright shite, their QA is atrocious. Some of the carts I could probably make a profit on when I get round to it. I just don't trust the Alpha to be good, I think I'd rather just by one with MAME on it that's bigger. I think I would have prefered a station I could plug my VS into that would have made it into an arcade (that could be done surely). Oh and I hate the words ecosystem being used in a sentence with Evercade. I'm off to church to repent for doing it myself. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted June 6, 2024 Posted June 6, 2024 3 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Atari games used trackballs, joy sticks or paddles so they weren't meant to be played on a pad and it can take some getting used to. I still have my evercade and games but I'd sort of given up. Some of the carts just don't work properly, some just outright shite, their QA is atrocious. Some of the carts I could probably make a profit on when I get round to it. I just don't trust the Alpha to be good, I think I'd rather just by one with MAME on it that's bigger. I think I would have prefered a station I could plug my VS into that would have made it into an arcade (that could be done surely). Oh and I hate the words ecosystem being used in a sentence with Evercade. I'm off to church to repent for doing it myself. May I tag along? Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 8, 2024 Love this video. Instantly recognisable movements! Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 9, 2024 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct5ymb?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile Nice little look back at the phenomenon that was Tetris. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 10, 2024 Random question but… are there any emulators for iPhone or standalone free apps to download Super Mario World? I mean, without giving my phone AIDS? Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 10, 2024 https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-install-and-play-snes-emulator-on-iphone/ This link should be useful to you. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted June 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 10, 2024 (edited) 1 hour ago, air_raid said: Random question but… are there any emulators for iPhone or standalone free apps to download Super Mario World? I mean, without giving my phone AIDS? We just downloaded RetroArch on my wife's iPad straight from the App Store and used google to find some ROMs and it's working great for her so far Edited June 10, 2024 by Jesse Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.