The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

My one real issue with Evercade is licensing, some carts will stop being produced due to them losing the license and not being able get it back for whatever reason. I think all of the Atari ones have already been sacked off for that reason, although I heard bad things about the controls for many of the games.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the older models had pretty squishy controls. 

£200 for an arcade cab isn't bad, but it'd be weird playing some if the older games on it. 

On 6/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, Merzbow said:

My one real issue with Evercade is licensing, some carts will stop being produced due to them losing the license and not being able get it back for whatever reason. I think all of the Atari ones have already been sacked off for that reason, although I heard bad things about the controls for many of the games.

Atari is now a legacy cart, that's correct but the controls were OK 

It might be the Intellivision ones your on about? Truly dreadful in every department 

Posted (edited)

I enjoy setting myself some challenges when heading out to a CEX

With this video I limit myself to just £7 and have to find at least 3 games I intend on playing

Now this can be harder than it sounds, dependant on the shop you choose to go

If the stock is small, you are essentially reducing the chances of success 

Admitedly  this one was more difficult than I anticipated when I visited Stratford 

Edited by Big Bully Busick

On 6/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, Merzbow said:

Atari games used trackballs, joy sticks or paddles so they weren't meant to be played on a pad and it can take some getting used to.

I still have my evercade and games but I'd sort of given up. Some of the carts just don't work properly, some just outright shite, their QA is atrocious. Some of the carts I could probably make a profit on when I get round to it. I just don't trust the Alpha to be good, I think I'd rather just by one with MAME on it that's bigger. I think I would have prefered a station I could plug my VS into that would have made it into an arcade (that could be done surely). 

Oh and I hate the words ecosystem being used in a sentence with Evercade. I'm off to church to repent for doing it myself.

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Atari games used trackballs, joy sticks or paddles so they weren't meant to be played on a pad and it can take some getting used to.

I still have my evercade and games but I'd sort of given up. Some of the carts just don't work properly, some just outright shite, their QA is atrocious. Some of the carts I could probably make a profit on when I get round to it. I just don't trust the Alpha to be good, I think I'd rather just by one with MAME on it that's bigger. I think I would have prefered a station I could plug my VS into that would have made it into an arcade (that could be done surely). 

Oh and I hate the words ecosystem being used in a sentence with Evercade. I'm off to church to repent for doing it myself.

May I tag along? 

• Paid Members

Random question but… are there any emulators for iPhone or standalone free apps to download Super Mario World? I mean, without giving my phone AIDS?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Random question but… are there any emulators for iPhone or standalone free apps to download Super Mario World? I mean, without giving my phone AIDS?

We just downloaded RetroArch on my wife's iPad straight from the App Store and used google to find some ROMs and it's working great for her so far

Edited by Jesse