Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Leaked Deadpool test footage. I haven't the words. Sickens me to think of the shit they greenlight, and they have something like this gathering fungus:

http://vimeo.com/101896047

Thats was awesome. It's terrifying that was left on the floor so some Einstein could practically reinvent the character into the mess we ended up with.

• Paid Members

That's recent enough test footage, 2011/2012, so it was after the oul Baraka thing from Origins.

Apparently, Reynolds and Miller want to do it R Rated but Fox want to go PG-13, but aren't sure how get Deadpool over on a PG-13 basis.

I can understand Fox's reluctance to go 'R' on a Comic Book flick, especially a Marvel one, but all Marvel and Fox have to do is take the comic book box office flops like Punisher War Zone and Dredd (it's failure at the box office is criminal) out of the equation and look at the success of the likes of Kick Ass, Sin City, Wanted...even Red, and give us a bit of Deadpool.

Leaked Deadpool test footage. I haven't the words. Sickens me to think of the shit they greenlight, and they have something like this gathering fungus:

Thats was awesome. It's terrifying that was left on the floor so some Einstein could practically reinvent the character into the mess we ended up with.

Aw man. When was this made?

Aw man. When was this made?

• Paid Members

Anyone see the teaser of Batman vs Superman Snyder showed yesterday? Pissed off Superman and Batman ( with whited out eyes) looks like they are really going for a dark look for the film.

Batman looks almost spot on version of "the dark knight rises" batman in that.

I take it you mean Dark Knight Returns?

Yeah, got my dark knights mixed up.

Well Zack Snyder has wanted to make The Dark Knight Returns for a long time, and Frank Miller was open to the idea too. This is his chance to do just that and he's seemingly grabbed it with both hands.

Do we reckon that there won't be a stand along Batman film until after this and the JUstice League film

Got to say that Deadpool video looks awesome, I've gotten into Deadpool in a big way in the last year and to see a proper Deadpool movie is something high on my comic book wish list, something crude, violent, crazy and funny. It really wouldn't work if it was rated anything below R as that is what makes Deadpool what he is, a child friendly version of Deadpool would take away all the fun of what he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got a good, easy (ad free), website that chronologically lists graphic novels? Specifically the New 52 books, it seems amazon tends to lose its volume listings after 3 or 4. Want to try avoid buying some of the collective versions, I.e the Death of the Family, etc.

Thanks

• Paid Members

https://twitter.com/josh_trank/status/503314599291023360/photo/1

Is this the Thing from the new Fantastic Four film? It was posted then 20th century fox asked for it to be taken down, so who knows, I thought he was going to be 100% CGI so I don't know where this floating bust comes into it if it is legit.

• Moderators

What's the deal with Roger Corman filming a Fantastic Four live-action film in 1994 and never releasing it? Seems odd. Cheers!

The rights were lapsing, and they realised they had a month to get something into production or lose the option, so they churned out a cheap, shitty movie that was never meant to be released, with an eye to doing it properly down the road. The cast had no idea.

Edited by Astro Hollywood