Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

What is with the face tattoos on Joker and Harley?

I'll be honest, I'm still not convinced with Leto as Joker.  Margot Robbie is perfect for Harley, they've put her in a smoking hot outfit that will make an absolute star out of her and the character...but then they give her tattoos on her face?  Why?  I really just do not understand it

The face tattoos are just rather unsubtle visual clues to remind the audience that these people are definitely still prisoners.

That trailer looks pretty ace to me. Jai Courtney can do one obviously, but the Joker get-up is much more subtle/gritty in live action than it was on that super glossy still image that was released.

I think Leto/Robbie will be the standouts of this film, probably by some distance.

The face tattoos are just rather unsubtle visual clues to remind the audience that these people are definitely still prisoners.

That trailer looks pretty ace to me. Jai Courtney can do one obviously, but the Joker get-up is much more subtle/gritty in live action than it was on that super glossy still image that was released.

I think Leto/Robbie will be the standouts of this film, probably by some distance.

I still don't get why they've taken 2 iconic characters from the DC Comics and thought "Yeah, face tattoos.  That will be awesome."

With regards to Robbie.  You can tell from the trailer that she is the star of the show.

• Moderators

The tattoos are clearly there because some big cock involved looked at tumblr. "The kids love a tattoo".

My issue with them is similar to daz.

I don't think Daz said he had a problem with it - I agree with his logic but I see no problem with that being the reason. The kids do love a tattoo; it's true.

• Paid Members

I can't believe people are still hung up on the tattoos, who gives a shit? Judging on appearance alone he looks more interesting than Heath's tramp Joker.

Maybe it's because the BvS trailer was so awesome but the Suicide Squad trailer didn't blow me away. Also so many set photos have been leaking I feel like I've seen everything already. I really liked the snippet of the Joker though, also, Batman riding on top of a car!

I'm not a huge Harley Quinn fan, I think she's going to be massive after this film though. I prefer the more understated mime version of her over the over the top, super sexual, rob zombie movie looking psycho in torn clothes but I can see why they went with that one for the film and it will probably pay off.

I hope the comic book movie buzz doesn't die out just yet, I've always been a DC guy and these have the potential be as big as Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy

Edited by Call me Bellend

A lot of people I've spoke with don't like the look of Joker, and in fairness I said I didn't like his look when the first photo came out, but after seeing him briefly in the trailer, I'm good with it. From the little I've seen, I think he looks fantastic, like a genuine mental person at least.

Due to his size/body shape he reminds me of the Joker from the "Batman R.I.P" book.