Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I thought the Russo timeline was brilliant. Complete 180 from his YouShoot where he wouldn't badmouth anyone and was trying to be humble. Here he's in full arrogant New Yorker prick mode. I loved it when he went all around the houses bashing Chris Daniels and the Young Bucks just to defend a Madusa/Oklahoma storyline. One thing he doesn't get is that what he thinks is funny, 99% of the rest of the world don't. Taking the piss out of someone's facial disfigurement backstage, makes you a twat. Thinking it was funny and putting it on national TV makes you a massive twat. He keeps going on about the matches being fake and the belts don't mean anything. Then moans when Lance Storm slags him off because he gave Storm his biggest push by putting three belts on. One of them which had the initials of S.H.I.T. One thing I don't get about Russo is that he fails to see the bigger picture that the TV show should be an entertainment vehicle that builds up to the PPV. He was so focused on getting that 3.0 rating up to a 3.5. The PPV buyrates went from hovering over the cliff to free-falling down it.

Halloween Havoc: .52

Mayhem: .45

Starrcade: .32 (lowest WCW PPV rating of all time at that point)

Souled Out: .025

With the exception of Halloween Havoc 2000, the buyrate never got above a .30 until they closed. So you can start to see where this $60m loss came from with the high guaranteed contracts but no PPV income coming back in.

Russo's timeline is a blend of him not remembering stuff from 13 years ago, him being delusional, and him being stupid. Loads of vague answers, so youre left dissatisfied with pretty much every retort he has to all the stupid shit he did that year. Anyone expecting S.O to drill deeper into why Russo thought it was a good idea to put the belt on himself (other than 'Its entertaining'), or any of the other stuff he did will be disappointed.

Was it known before this shoot that Russo worked Jarrett about the Hogan Bash thing? That whole story seemed ludicrous. I dont understand what he gained by not telling JJ that Hogan was in on it. Bizarre. All of that effort to just put the belt on Booker, too.

The other highlight was Russo essentially taking all the credit for the Attitude era. McMahon wasnt a filter, and all he did was add a tiny detail to Russo's scripts here and there.

Russo's was one of the better WCW timelines though, as minus Sullivan I have found that series a bit dry so far, but more than likely though most of things Russo was saying was probably BS.

I am looking forward to who are future editions on the WCW Timeline, I think I heard Vader is doing one, not 100% on that though.

The WWE Timelines that are coming out soon look to be interesting with Luger 1993 and Bruno doing all of the 1960s.

• Paid Members

I thought it was absolutely rotten. I'm not one of those people who flat-out hates Russo but this was total shit. He talks a lot and says absolutely nothing. It was easily the worst Timeline I've seen so far, utter crap.

• Paid Members
Was it known before this shoot that Russo worked Jarrett about the Hogan Bash thing? That whole story seemed ludicrous. I dont understand what he gained by not telling JJ that Hogan was in on it. Bizarre. All of that effort to just put the belt on Booker, too.

I think he's lying. Jarrett knew about it. I honestly have no idea if Russo actually knows what the truth is. That whole "if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth" springs to mind. Like most of what Russo comes out with. I think he's convinced himself he didn't just come up with an awful idea to work the fans and then kick off because he was a little bitch halfway through the PPV and that it was some genius idea to put the belt on Booker T. If he wanted to put the belt on Booker T so bad, why did he do a job to Kanyon earlier in the night?

• Paid Members
If he wanted to put the belt on Booker T so bad, why did he do a job to Kanyon earlier in the night?

I think his reasoning in some other shoot was that Jarrett interfered in his match with Kanyon so it was his revenge to beat Jarrett for the title. Which is stupid.

Another thing that struck me about this Timeline is how inarticulate he was. Plus he pronounces "ask" as "aks". He's a complete tit.