Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Finished it just now as well. Was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Was shocked when he said his payday for the Zeus SS main event was only around 10k, and that was the biggest payday he ever got. Seems like not much. How much would a Savage have got for such a match? Beefcake holding Hogans cheque for 1.2 mill was a nice titbit. I assume it wasn't for one match, as Brutus claims. How did they get paid back then? A cheque per PPV plus a weekly cheque?

• Paid Members

Hogan famously got the largest ever one-off pay day for a wrestling event up until that point in 1989 which was a million or maybe just over. Ten grand for Brutus seems about right. Hogan and Savage drew the SummerSlam buyrate and Zeus was a special attraction. Brutus was pretty over at the time, but the buyrate would have been the same with or without him, so its not like 10 grand was fucking him. He was probably just pleased to be there in among the names. As far as Savage, he'd have probably got in the high six figures. He'd sold out arenas across the country on his own while Hogan was filming the theatrical classic No Holds Barred, so he had some major value. Knowing the wrestlers back then, if Savage felt like he was getting a bad deal, he'd have threatened to walk. Which he didn't do.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I watched the Kurt Angle RF Video Shoot today and have to say it was excellent. Angle came across as a really humble and honest bloke throughout. I can't help but like him even more from the shoot. Personal favourite part was him taking the piss out of Daniel Puder. He also had a really interesting and subjective view upon the Benoit tragedy sort of sticking up for Benoit in a way. I'd highly recommend this one. Just under 3 hours but very interesting.

I'm about 20 minutes in to the new Timeline and Beefcake is completely off his tits by the look and sound of him. The best story so far was when he was asked about the athletic commission denying him permission to wrestle one time and him saying they were told to deny him permission (no idea who by) because he was working against Ultimate Warrior (in early 89 mind, when both were babyfaces) and they needed an excuse to cancel the match because Warrior threw a tantrum about having to lose to Beefcake. He then somehow linked this to Warrior going on to beat Honky Tonk for the title instead of him (which had happened 6 months earlier).

*EDIT*

Hahaha, he totally just topped the story above with this exchange when discussing Sherri coming in to manage Savage:

Oliver: "So are Randy and Liz still together at this point?"

Beefcake (looking totally smashed): "No, Liz is dead......."

Oliver: :mellow:

Edited by CTXRussomark

• Paid Members

Watched Ric Flair's shoot interview. Flair seemed to be in a great place unlike his last shoot interview. He's shagging Fifi, he's back with WWE. He seemed to be less bitter than he was. This was before his son died, so that could have changed, but it was fun. Flair is usually frustrating, but his love for Vince, Shawn, Triple H and Hogan came off less arse kissing and far more genuine than he usually does. Liked the story about Hulk Hogan giving him $15,000 when he was going through a divorce because he was in the shit. Flair asked for it and 20 minutes later it was in his bank account. That's so fucking cool of him. You dont hear that side of him much.

Ominous quote of the DVD was Flair taking about Jose Gonzales and saying "I think I'd go crazy, too, if my kid died".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'm about 20 minutes in to the new Timeline and Beefcake is completely off his tits by the look and sound of him. The best story so far was when he was asked about the athletic commission denying him permission to wrestle one time and him saying they were told to deny him permission (no idea who by) because he was working against Ultimate Warrior (in early 89 mind, when both were babyfaces) and they needed an excuse to cancel the match because Warrior threw a tantrum about having to lose to Beefcake. He then somehow linked this to Warrior going on to beat Honky Tonk for the title instead of him (which had happened 6 months earlier).

*EDIT*

Hahaha, he totally just topped the story above with this exchange when discussing Sherri coming in to manage Savage:

Oliver: "So are Randy and Liz still together at this point?"

Beefcake (looking totally smashed): "No, Liz is dead......."

Oliver: :mellow:

I just checked this out. To be fair ol Bruti looks in good nick, but IS blatantly off his tits!

• Paid Members
Watched Ric Flair's shoot interview. Flair seemed to be in a great place unlike his last shoot interview. He's shagging Fifi, he's back with WWE. He seemed to be less bitter than he was. This was before his son died, so that could have changed, but it was fun. Flair is usually frustrating, but his love for Vince, Shawn, Triple H and Hogan came off less arse kissing and far more genuine than he usually does. Liked the story about Hulk Hogan giving him $15,000 when he was going through a divorce because he was in the shit. Flair asked for it and 20 minutes later it was in his bank account. That's so fucking cool of him. You dont hear that side of him much.

That is great and the kind of thing that should be known of him more.

Is it a lot better than that interminable one he did with RF Video a few years ago? It lasted about 5 days that one.

• Paid Members

I think that was with Highspots, but yeah it went on forever. I'll have to check out the new one it sounds better. Didn't know Flair was with Fifi now either. And the Brutus one sounds a hoot.

This is probably a stupid question but what are the chances of a Hogan shoot interview ever happening? I know he'd want a big chunk of money but is it just a case of his price being too high or is he just not interested?

• Paid Members
That is great and the kind of thing that should be known of him more.

Is it a lot better than that interminable one he did with RF Video a few years ago? It lasted about 5 days that one.

Sometimes it suffers from Feinstein not knowing what he's talking about and Flair saying the same thing, but its decent. Worth a look.

• Paid Members

I was really looking forward to Flair's highspot shoot when it came out a few years ago but it was basically all the stuff from his book repeated varbatim and went on for hours. Recently watched the Nash timeline which was excellent, could listen to Nash talk all day, just a cool funny guy.

• Paid Members

I'll definitely give that a watch and the Brutus one as well. What other shoots have there been released really recently that were worth seeing?

I'm aware reading the last few pages could answer this but just in case.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Stevie Richards shoot which is fairly new but i'm a big fan of the guy so I might be biased. It's about 4 hours long though and he's one of those guys who doesn't really want to bury anyone. Some good insights into ECW and the stuff he was doing on WWE b shows and the like. Interesting look at WWE from someone basically at the bottom of the totem pole who last nearly 10 years.

This is probably a stupid question but what are the chances of a Hogan shoot interview ever happening? I know he'd want a big chunk of money but is it just a case of his price being too high or is he just not interested?

I don't know if you ever saw it, but Schiavello interviewed him for his 'The Voice versus' series a couple of years back. I couldn't even make my way through the whole interview purely due to Hogan's BS. After watching this I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in seeing a 'shoot' with him.

• Paid Members

I didn't know he was on Schiavello's show. I'll have a look tomorrow. I guess the bullshit-o-meter rating being high is to be expected with Hogan these days but I'd still watch it. A YouShoot could be fun. Won't happen though.