Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Clip of the shoot i uploaded:

Guest Booker with Bruce Pritchard Shoot Clip

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1x35n2_g...hoot-clip_sport

Talking about the Hogan negotiations in late 1997.

Cheers for that. Pretty interesting. So first Warrior, and now Hogan could have shown up in the WWF at the start of 1998. In both scenarios, I'd imagine the WWF would have been harmed in the long-run. Would we have seen Austin vs. McMahon change the shape of the industry if they'd have come in? I think not.

Interesting to think what it would have meant for WCW too. Losing Hogan could have forced them to promote from within, thus arresting one of their big issues - that everything was the same for too long. Or it may have meant they'd spend big money trying to acquire other WWF stars to replace him.

Edited by tiger_rick

Clip of the shoot i uploaded:

Guest Booker with Bruce Pritchard Shoot Clip

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1x35n2_g...hoot-clip_sport

Talking about the Hogan negotiations in late 1997.

Cheers for that. Pretty interesting. So first Warrior, and now Hogan could have shown up in the WWF at the start of 1998. In both scenarios, I'd imagine the WWF would have been harmed in the long-run. Would we have seen Austin vs. McMahon change the shape of the industry if they'd have come in? I think not.

Interesting to think what it would have meant for WCW too. Losing Hogan could have forced them to promote from within, thus arresting one of their big issues - that everything was the same for too long. Or it may have meant they'd spend big money trying to acquire other WWF stars to replace him.

So is it possible they were trying to offload Bret to free up some cash for Hogan.

No way of predicting what would have happened, but I can't imagine WWF/E would have enjoyed the same level of success. Hogan would have taken the shine away from, or removed the "need" for Tyson, which booted a few mainstream doors down.

I really enjoyed the Sherri Martel shoot interview, she came across really friendly and positive about her career. She didn't really criticize anybody but she told some excellent and interesting stories like how when she worked for the AWA, Scott Hall would call down for pasta she made, all the wrestlers lived in the same complex which would have been fun i bet. Its such a shame that not long after she died, she seemed like a very nice passionate person about her friends and the business and from what i can tell a lot of people who she managed or worked with seem to only have nice things to say about her.

Is Kaitlyns shoot any good? 2 1/2 hours of RF questions and answers seems excessive for how long shes been in the business.

Not a shoot, but the Irom Sheik documentary floating about is really good. Im sure someone mentioned it around here, but cant find it. Really well put together. Something as professionally done as this, along with in depth talking heads with people like The Rock and Foley, surely cost a fair chunk of change to make. Money that common sense says they have no chance of recouping. Their loss is our gain, though, as its a tremendous watch.

That Nova/Simon Dean shoot is a long one at 4 and a half hours but its a good one. Loads of stories and gossip about how mental some of wrestlers are. Ken Kennedy sounds like he was a right dick. Nova tells a story about going down to OVW and a developmental guy is in the hospital on life support because he's OD'ed on GHB supposedly. Nova gets hold of Tommy Dreamer who was head of developmental and asks for this guys, parents number to contact them so they can be with their son. Somehow Kennedy hears about this and he's overseas on the tour bus burying Nova to everyone who would listen, because he inadvertently got the developmental guy into trouble because everyone found out he was doing GHB. When Nova confronts Kennedy about this, he agrees about what he did but didn't care. With the pill story Bob Holly tells about Kennedy, it sounds like he would do anything to bury someone else to try and get ahead in WWE, doesn't matter now anyway.

He also talked about ECW's Roadkill and how he would do anything to not get released in developmental around 2007. When he did get released, he kept coming to OVW to help write shows when they didn't want him to. On Cabana's podcast the other week, Roadkill was on there saying how he couldn't wait to leave OVW. Also Piper on his 1984 Timeline heard that Simon Dean got taken off the road and given the head of developmental job because he had heat with the locker room because he disrespected Piper by saying what he would like to do on Pipers Pit. He didn't say anything about that in his shoot. Howard Finkel likes to walk around Titan Towers in his underwear at night too supposedly. Bruce Prichard finally got released from WWE when he pulled a gun on a writing assistant. That's got to be bollocks.

Edited by Rossman

Two WWF Timelines on their way are a Rick Martel 1981 one, and a Bret Hart 1992 one. Even though theyre before my time, Ive enjoyed the old WWF timelines a lot, especially the Bruno and Larry Z ones, so will be interested in the 1981 one as well. Have never watched a full Bret shoot before, but him doing a 1992 one sounds great.

1992 was a great year. All 4 PPV were good to great. The story lines were excellent there were some truly great matches too. Bulldog Vs Bret, Bret Vs Piper, Flair at the Rumble, Savage Vs Warrior, Savage Vs Flair. WCW was great that year too! We will probably get the whole "Bulldog was a total mess before and at Summerslam story". Bret went into alot of detail about that in his book.