UFC Undisputed 2010

darepool

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The career mode is really appalling this year, no fun at all. And I guess the clinch stuff had to be in it this year, for realism and all, but it really makes for boring gameplay. It's such an un-videogamey thing. All in all, huge disappointment so far.

That's my fav part of the game is the clinch this year, You get real type of matches and you need to be on your toes non stop. last year if I got somebody in the clinch the fight was over, so when you played good guys online you spend the whole fight walking around with your hands out waiting to block it. I can't understand how battling in the clinch can be boring when you dont get a second to think about it before your getting a uppercut or eating knee's.

The stat decay is a stupid move, I re-tried my season and didn't go Pro right away, So I built up stats before going pro and was ok that way.

• Paid Members
just got it, i cant get to play online? i entered my code and everything, activated the game but i cant connect to any matches, it always says 'match session no longer available'...on the ps3 by the way, any ideas?

oh and quick gameplay question, i aint had chance to go through tutorial yet, how the hell do you posture up in mount?

When you get to mount position make a small movement with the right analogue stick until the opponent lets go of your head then keep punching and you should gradually work your way up into a full postured up mount.

If youre not sure which direction to turn the analogue stick in certain positions press pause and take a look at the action list,it's all on there.Hope that helps.

• Paid Members

My game came on Thursday from Game.Took it round my brothers today and had a little bash at it.Didn't have a go of Career,Ultimate Fights mode or CAF but I like the game from what I've played so far.

The striking is fun and the fence interaction is a great addition.Switching subs is cool aswell.Only thing I'm still quite shit at is the clinch stuff,especially on the harder difficulties,can't seem to shake the bastards off.

Roy Nelson and his gut are awesome.And I took Junior Dos Santos through Title Mode which was a blast,he's got a wicked right straight I knocked out like 9 out of 12 opponents with it :) .Good shit.

The career mode is really appalling this year, no fun at all. And I guess the clinch stuff had to be in it this year, for realism and all, but it really makes for boring gameplay. It's such an un-videogamey thing. All in all, huge disappointment so far.

I find the clinch very annoying, the Career mode is just about the same as last year, just make sure when you upgrade a certain stat keep going with that stat until it reachs a bench mark.

I watched a match Between Shogan Hua Vs Anderson Silva CPU Vs CPU, on expert. Anderson went straight for the clinch and hit those knee straight away, Shogun was out in less than 2 minutes, even the CPU cant seem to break the clinch.

Happy with Beginner mode on Career, you can the odd GOOD fighter who will trade with you stood up. Just experience i guess. Im guessing online people will be taking everything to the ground or clinch this time instead of trading or going for the full mount.

It's meant to be realistic though. How many people in recent times HAVE broken Anderson Silva's clinch? Very few if at all ever have.

The clinch is all about timing when trying to reverse it.

It's the same when trying to pass Bj Penn's full guard. Only GSP has ever done so, thats why it's so hard to do so.

I like the game, still getting used to it and working things out on it. Jon Jones is awesome on the game, but i keep getting battered by Rashad in Title Mode

I'm with everyone else in regards to Stat Decay. Didn't know anything about it, so when i was training on my Strength, Speed and Cardio and workin just those 3 up for a while, it was weird that all my others statistics were now 0. WTF!?

I like the game, still getting used to it and working things out on it. Jon Jones is awesome on the game, but i keep getting battered by Rashad in Title Mode

I'm with everyone else in regards to Stat Decay. Didn't know anything about it, so when i was training on my Strength, Speed and Cardio and workin just those 3 up for a while, it was weird that all my others statistics were now 0. WTF!?

yeah it did my head in on career mode.

still can't get online, can anyone help? it just keeps saying 'game session no longer available'

Best way is to create session in ranked match and keep doing it. The online portion is horrible.

For some reason, I can't find a game when I search online. However, hosting one usually means someone connects almost instantly so it's not too much of a biggy!

Career mode is fucking addictive! Just joined the UFC and I know I'm going to get fucked though as my stats are mostly crap :laugh:

• Paid Members

Been playing career for a few hours. Am I right to assume it is better to get your Strength/Speed/Stamina up before bothering to spar? Also, didn't realise about the stat decay, does it also effect sparring point stats, because mine are at nil although ive allocated points, but never getting 1 thing up to say 30, so I fucked that up. Indepth sparring where you work on specific areas seems to be impossible to get points out of. Did a stand up one and unleashed wicked combos only to get 6 points. There dont seem to be any pointers either.

Grr.

Archived