UFC Undisputed 2010

darepool

Been playing career for a few hours. Am I right to assume it is better to get your Strength/Speed/Stamina up before bothering to spar? Also, didn't realise about the stat decay so have wasted lots of points on that so far by not focusing on one thing.. Indepth sparring where you work on specific areas seems to be impossible to get points out of. Did a stand up one and unleashed wicked combos only to get 6 points. There dont seem to be any pointers either.

Grr.

Use Indepth Sparing for when your about 70 stat points.

The Tutorial mode is good but not brilliant.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Been playing career for a few hours. Am I right to assume it is better to get your Strength/Speed/Stamina up before bothering to spar? Also, didn't realise about the stat decay so have wasted lots of points on that so far by not focusing on one thing.. Indepth sparring where you work on specific areas seems to be impossible to get points out of. Did a stand up one and unleashed wicked combos only to get 6 points. There dont seem to be any pointers either.

Grr.

Right, I'll stay away fromt he avdanced sparring til my points are up, but at the moment, I have nothing!

Got Strength and Cardio upto 70, speeds on 40. I've managed to get level 2 and 3 in the specific moves ive learned, but my states are at nil.

Grr.

Right, I'll stay away fromt he avdanced sparring til my points are up, but at the moment, I have nothing!

Got Strength and Cardio upto 70, speeds on 40. I've managed to get level 2 and 3 in the specific moves ive learned, but my states are at nil.

Work on some stats, but work on a few at a time i found, just focused on punching then kicking, ground, submission etc...

• Paid Members

I restarted the career, I was in the main event and had zero skills, gtting by on power and cardio and my Machida High kick :)

Made the same dude in LHW and have been doing it properly with the stats this time. Stayed on as ametuer for aslong as I could.

It's a grind sadly with the career mode. you HAVE to always do free sparring to keep on top of your stats.

What I recommend is learning a move such as a suplex from the double underhooks, doing this and peppering with shots in sparring really racks up alot of points.

You should be always doing light training as well, so you dont completely burn out and can spar right afterwards. I've never been a fan of these kind of things either in UFC or in Fight night games.

• Paid Members

Well after a few hours and a career restart after 16 fights I'm loving the game.

As mentioned the stat decay system is unforgiving and pisses me off lots. Career still reminds me so much of last year, but atleast sparring lasts more than 30 seconds. Camps are easier, way easier sponsorship management and no fucking emails to read! :). Had about 12 fights with my reincarnated Bob Marley at LHW after his HW brother was retired, he's coming on nicely. Got 3 customs moves at levels 3 and 2, 70/70/40 for S/S/S and just got a new sparring partner. For anyone starting out, Don't go to pro til you have to, and ensure you get main attributes to 30 points pretty quick.

The competition online is very good I think. I'm 5-7 right now and have lots to learn. online opponents include 1 dude just flying armbar'ing with nog the entire fight, no standup what so ever. I think I played the same guy 3 times, him being GSP. Everytime he got my back and finished me easy with punches from above. Bastard. 1 dude that quit after me getting out of multiple sub attempts, then nearly tapping him out., thats all I remember at the moment. Suprisingly, I've been favouring submissions. Getting my shine on. Loading times are way faster for online. Gonna install to HD too I think

I'm finding it hard but loads of fun.

1 dude that quit after me getting out of multiple sub attempts, then nearly tapping him out.,

Had that happen to me twice online today and of course they were high level players.

Career mode is pissing me off no end and I have smashed through everyone in welter (beginner) only to loose to Pierre every fucking time (6 times now I think) and no matter how I go into the fight the cunt is just unbeatable.

Best I have done is last to R5 only for him to KO me with a head kick that looked like it hardly connected.

I think I'm 24-7-0 with only one defeat against someone other then Pierre and the last defeat to him resulted in me throwing my 360 pad for the first time ever.

• Paid Members

i cant play this fucking game!

playing online for a few hours, ive gone 2-13. I just cant fucking win, thing is ive been dominated a few times on the ground which is fair enough because i need to practice there, but in the stand up i just keep getting flattened, i seem to be landing as many punches as anyone, but i just keep getting knocked out.

and i need to learn how to defend that throw from the clinch, everyone's using that on me.

I compete really well in round 1 of all my fights, then in 2 i get fucked up.

its pissing me off.

Haha. Awesome.

At least you understand what parts you need to work on!

I love destroying guys who have no ground or clinch game :)

The SWAY system is REEEEEALLY effective too. If you sway and time it well you can get many a knockout from a simple hook.

i cant play this fucking game!

playing online for a few hours, ive gone 2-13. I just cant fucking win, thing is ive been dominated a few times on the ground which is fair enough because i need to practice there, but in the stand up i just keep getting flattened, i seem to be landing as many punches as anyone, but i just keep getting knocked out.

and i need to learn how to defend that throw from the clinch, everyone's using that on me.

I compete really well in round 1 of all my fights, then in 2 i get fucked up.

its pissing me off.

Because this game is SO complex, the best idea is to go through every guy in the game find the one you find work really well with or Create a guy then you can fully learn. Ive created a guy that can fight back in the clinch game and can fight back on the floor and fight best stood up.

Been inducted to the HOF but still going :)

• Paid Members

Was up my mates playing vs him all day and man he needs practise. While playing him I got the cocky sob trophy and the dodge 1 on his console the git. not really been able to get online with my PS3 version yet but I'm 17-0 on the 360, getting sub's on the 360 is so easy and the swaying seem's easier just due to the 360's stick being a bit better.

So disappointed with Career mode. It just feels so shit. Sluggish and unrealistic. I'm on beginner as the game is far too complex for me to do otherwise but i'm just owning my fights. Tip tap away until the tire then unleash the LB stuff and its over. No ground stuff ever occurs,so no practice,so no improvement as a player. If i go up the next level of difficulty i'm tapping or eating canvas in no time. They should realise that not only the MMA fan boys will buy this game. I love the sport,have done for years,but not enough to put in the amount of practice it takes to become good at it on a virtual level.

I'm not giving up on it yet,but so far i'm underwhelmed.

Draven_Rocks, the reason you're not using any ground game is because you're doing it on BEGINNER?! You could use your feet on the controller to beat the cpu.

I'm sure THQ would realise that the casual gamer might not pick it up, but you must be interested in MMA to pick up a game?

Example, I'm not going to pick up a cricket game?

Those who want to just button bash will stick to beginner, if you wanna get some great fights you will build up to expert.

You need to hammer the tutorial if you still can't get the hang of it. It's a steep learning curve but that's what makes it have longevity.

Draven_Rocks, the reason you're not using any ground game is because you're doing it on BEGINNER?! You could use your feet on the controller to beat the cpu.

I'm sure THQ would realise that the casual gamer might not pick it up, but you must be interested in MMA to pick up a game?

Example, I'm not going to pick up a cricket game?

Those who want to just button bash will stick to beginner, if you wanna get some great fights you will build up to expert.

You need to hammer the tutorial if you still can't get the hang of it. It's a steep learning curve but that's what makes it have longevity.

Thats my point really. I've got a young daughter,and work full time. The little time i do get to play i wanna pick the pad up on beginner and have a realistic fight without having to practice for hour after hour just to be competent. The next level up is far too hard. If you could be in fights but still lose until you improve i may be able to tolerate it....but that isn't the case.

Archived