Pro-Wrestling:EVE News & Events Thread

DannRead

"All women's promotions damage the wrestling business" - anyone able to explain this one to me?

A member of the EVE roster agrees with the allegations thrown at us. Sadly this is not 'a work' thus this person is no longer a part of EVE.

From EVEs Twitter

Pro-Wrestling:EVE and Melanie Conneely AKA Melanie Price have parted ways as of September 30 2010.

I wonder what happened :unsure:

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy www.EVEwrestling.com

EVE & Melanie Price Part Ways

Published Saturday, 2nd October 2010 by News Desk

Pro-Wrestling:EVE and Melanie Conneely AKA Melanie Price have parted ways as of September 30 2010.

EVE sought resolution with Miss Conneely in an attempt to see her fulfil the agreed and scheduled appearance for the Oct 16 taping's so no fans were left disappointed in her not attending however this could not be arranged.

Pro-Wrestling:EVE would like to apologise for any inconveniences caused to any fans planning to attend on the basis of the appearance of the character of Melanie Price.

EVE Producer Dann Read issued the following:

"Pro-Wrestling:EVE is committed to the progression of Professional Female Wrestling throughout Europe. The next few months will be telling as we separate those who believe in women's wrestling from those who don't and find out who's passion for the female industry matches our own. Everyone must be on the same page and everyone must be committed to their own improvement.

Pro-Wrestling:EVE works alongside some of the very best in the women's wrestling industry and supports the efforts of those doing the very same thing such as SHIMMER, Female Fight League, NCW - Femmes Fatales, ChickFight & many others around the world in addition to those who give coverage and support to the female wrestling business such as Diva-Dirt.com, CapruredBeauty.com, RedHotDivas.com, Wrestlegasm.com, WrestlingFusion.com, (there are so many I'm sorry if I haven't mentioned you, send me messages on twitter and I'll #FF to make up for it!).

We support them, they support us, we all support each other and we all have the same dreams and goals.

Not everyone will agree with this mind set and belief in female wrestlers and female wrestling. In fact some of the female wrestling industry's biggest critics are from females themselves - not approving of professional wrestling knows no gender specifics and rightfully so. We in turn wish them the best of luck with their own goals in life and bare no ill will or grudge. We are all unique and the world would be a boring place if we all felt the same about everything. But those of us who DO believe in the sport, performance art and entertainment of female professional wrestling do so with passion that is perhaps unmatched anywhere else and we will continue to do this for as long as we're in existence.

We appreciate those who support us and our efforts and we hope we can continue to rely upon you to keep spreading the word of the fantastic efforts being put forth by female wrestlers and staff members involved in these projects. We in return promise to give you nothing but 100% in effort, commitment and dedication to the cause - to produce a product that while perhaps not yet ready to be accepted by the masses is a product that we watch and enjoy not on the basis of it being a female product but on the basis of it being a GOOD product that challenges to change our mindsets and break down previously placed walls and barriers.

We know you know no ignorance, no prejudice and place no road blocks before us but simply put your trust in us to do right. We hope to live up to these justified expectations and do you proud.

Thank you for your support.

Dann Read

Producer

Pro-Wrestling:EVE

A couple more interesting tweets.....

has been called 'bad for the wrestling business' as apparently we're sexist. Any opinions? Are we as an all female wrestling company sexist?

"Girls should only be used in the occasional 'feature' match & for valeting". Surely this is not common thought process in 2010?!

I'm sure those two statements will stir up some debate. :)

Does seem odd, however, that IF (and that's a big IF) Melanie Price does indeed feel that way, why she took the booking on an all-womens show in the first place.

• Paid Members
Are we as an all female wrestling company sexist?

Yes. The clue's in that quote. If you're only booking wrestlers based on their gender then that's clear sexism.

Does that also apply to an all-male show too then? (Not trying to argue, just interested)

Depends. A wrestling show that doesn't involve women "wrestlers"? no. But if a promotion was to start billing itself as an "all male wrestling show", let's call it "Pro Wrestling He....ve", and it's policy was to only bring in male wrestlers, then yes. You have to admit there would be a huge outcry if it happened aswell.

Are we as an all female wrestling company sexist?

Yes. The clue's in that quote. If you're only booking wrestlers based on their gender then that's clear sexism.

Does that also apply to an all-male show too then, such as Dragon Gate? (Not trying to argue, just interested)

Technically, I don't know of a wrestling company in the World that bills themselves as "all-male". Regardless, Eve do hire male staff - I worked as a photographer for them, their referee and MC were both men, the commentator (whoever that might be) is a guy, and the promoter is a fella too. If there was an anti-male sentiment in Eve, it probably wouldn't be using any men as part of the show, and would more likely be run by some militant feminist.

I think that it is not sexist, take into consideration that female wrestlers in this country are often assigned a bit part valet role or given a five minute token match at best, is that not sexist?

As for the Melanie Price situation, It has a whiff of James Scott/Darkside in it, though that may be paranoia on my part.

From the Publicist of Melanie Price:

"Due to a scheduling conflict Melanie Price will not be attending Pro Wrestling EVE October 16th. Her Busy day begins:

9AM Breakfast (a lettuce leaf and half a glass of Evian)

10AM A spray tan

11AM A Glamour Gym session to burn off breakfast

1PM Manicure

2PM Lunch (1 Ryvita and half a glass of Evian)

3PM A Spray Tan

4PM Pedicure

5PM Horse Riding lesson

6PM Photo shoot for new Album Cover

8PM Dinner (A cracker and half a glass of Evian)

8.30PM A Spray Tan

9PM Filming upcoming scenes for her new reality show "What Melanie Did Next..."

11PM A night on the town painting 'The Edge' red or should I say pink

AT A TIME TBC: A spray tan followed by beauty sleep (Not that she needs it)

(Please note Melanie eats the same meals every day as she keeps a close eye on her caloric intake)

As you can see there's no part of her schedule that can be cleared so she can make it to the Pro Wrestling Eve event.

• Paid Members

This "sexism" thing can only be described as bollocks. An all-female promotion isn't sexist. Just like men's athletics isn't sexist.

It's bloody 2010. I thought the human race was past this? Sounds like someone's got their knickers in their twist (a pretty ironic choice of statement). A bit laughable someone's claiming an all-female show is sexist in a male-dominated entertainment division.

How many female WWE or TNA world champions has their been again...?

Archived