• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Caption Competition

tumblr_li15tnoYYi1qail4wo1_500.jpg

I'll start with "so that's where Vin Gerard's career went..."

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know who the guy under the misterious and handsome stranger mask is?

He was unmasked at the 2012 season finale (or the start of this year). Obviously it was a great surprise to everyone to see who it was, it hadn't in anyway been made really obvious for comedic purposes....

Not at all.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was Archibald Peck, on the off chance you really didn't get it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Chikara looks like its dead. It'll probably be re-started under a different name, but it looks fucked right now. A lot of this sounds fishy to me. Can't say I've ever liked Quackenbush to be honest. Comes across as a tyrant and a bellend. Nothing worse than a bloke who demands future earnings from his students.

Chikara looks like its dead. It'll probably be re-started under a different name, but it looks fucked right now. A lot of this sounds fishy to me. Can't say I've ever liked Quackenbush to be honest. Comes across as a tyrant and a bellend. Nothing worse than a bloke who demands future earnings from his students.

Where is all this coming from?

The ending to the iPPV on Sunday.They had the Director of Fun have his security team stop the main event and drag the wrestlers backstage, dismantle the entrance stage and then have the security team kick all the fans out of the building.All future CHIKARA events are listed as cancelled.

I've seen people questioning whether its a work or not. I can't help but think that if all this is a work it's a bit, well, silly. It sounds like the most complicated and alienating thing ever. Its like something you'd expect an e-fed to do.

• Paid Members

I dont think its a work. The angle at the end of the iPPV obviously is, leading into a storyline in a new promotion, but Chikara shutting down has been rumoured for ages. Quackenbush's wife's family back rolled it by all accounts and they are getting divorced, so that seems like the most credible reason floating about. All the Chikara regulars are accepting indy bookings as well so their deals must be broken. Since Chikara used to negotiate their outside bookings.

• Paid Members

Seemingly people seem to think that there's like 8 Wrestling Is promotions starting up or already started where most the Chikara guys will go, each one having a Chikara original as champion and then bringing them back for the National Wrestling Day event (the only one not listed as cancelled last time I checked) for a Cibernetico against Wink's hand picked team. But even that doesn't seem that logical.I always wondered how Quack could fund Chikara, they can't make any money the amount of talent compared to the crowds they bring in. Finding out its family funded (well ex family) makes a little more sense now.

Archived