CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Chikara site now has the Submission Squad vs the Spectral Envoy, so not in the first round. That means the last 2 matches are combinations of the Faces of Pain, Team WWF, the Extreme Trio and Team ROH. Out of that, I'm not too fussed what we get. Meng killing Jerry Lynn would be beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

KoT Night 1 Results

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

All of the following matches on this show were 1st Round matches in the King of Trios tournament.

1. Team Sendai Girls defeated The Colony (Green Ant, Fire Ant & assailANT) to advance. Dash Chisako pins Green Ant.

2. The Batiri (Obariyon, Kobald & Kodama) defeated 3.0. (Scott Parker & Shane Matthews) & Gran Akuma to advance when Ophidian interfered. Kobald pins Akuma.

3. F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor) defeated Team Osaka Pro to advance.

4. "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & Manami Toyota defeated The Swarm (Soldier Ant, combatANT & deviANT)w/The Shard to advance. Toyota pins deviANT

- After the match, Quack attacked combatANT and cracked his neck Steven Seagal style. Jigsaw yelled at Quack to get his head in the game.

5. Team JWP defeated The Throwbacks (Matt Classic, Mr. Touchdown & Dasher Hatfield) to advance. Tsubasa Kuragaki submits Classic.

- Due to travel issues, the "cuatro" known as the Submission Squad are out of the tournament and a new team will take their place.

6. The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) defeated The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger, Mihara & Tito Santana to advance. Mantis pins Santana

7. Team Ring of Honor (The Young Bucks & "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/"The 1st Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis) defeated The Faces of Pain (Barbarian, Haku & The Warlord) to advance. Bennett pins Haku.

8. Main Event: The Extreme Trio (Tommy Dreamer, 2 Cold Scorpio & Jerry Lynn) defeated Team WWF (The 1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya & Tatanka) to advance. Lynn pins Aldo.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I swear last year Smartmark Video had it for sale within about 48 hours. Think it will be quite a fast turnaround again this year.

9/15 CHIKARA "King of Trios: Night 2" Results: Easton, PA

9/15 CHIKARA "King of Trios: Night 2" Results: Easton, PA

1. King of Trios Quarter-Finals: F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Icarus) defeated Team JWP to advance.

2. Young Lions Cup Champion "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angeloscetti w/Veronica Marie Ticklefeather defeated The 1-2-3 Kid after a low blow.

3. King of Trios Quarter-Finals: The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare defeated The Batiri (Kodama, Kobald & Obariyon) to advance.

- After the match, The Batiri & Ophidian laid out the Spectral Envoy.

4. Team Osaka Pro defeated The Colony.

5. King of Trios Quarter-Finals: Team Sendai Girls defeated "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & Manami Toyota to advance.

6. Tatanka defeated Sugar Dunkerton.

7. King of Trios Quarter-Finals: Team ROH (The Young Bucks & "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/"The 1st Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis) defeated The Extreme Trio (Tommy Dreamer, Jerry Lynn & 2 Cold Scorpio) to advance.

8. Main Event for the CHIKARA Grand Championship: "The War King" Eddie Kingston defeated Tadasuke of Osaka Pro to retain the title.

- After the match, Tim Donst came out and attacked Kingston to close the show.

Teams advancing to the semi-finals tomorrow:

F.I.S.T.

The Spectral Envoy

Team Sendai Girls

Team ROH

Thanks to PWPonderings for the results.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm super late to the party but nobody else turned up, so it's fine. How fucking great was King of Trios? Night 3, in particular, was just stunning. So much great stuff, like...

Demolition! Marty Jannetty! Bryce Remsburg SCREAMING like a girl on commentary when Tadasuke killed Jigsaw with the lariat to counter that dive! Dasher Hatfield's awesome commentary! The duck-duck-goose spot in the 8-man tag! The red-hot finishes to both the opener and the main event! FUCKING EVERYTHING!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The atmosphere for the final was incredible. Everybody check these shows out if you get time. I'm gonna buy lottery tickets all year in the hope that I'll be able to go next time.

Archived