CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

How long is the turnaround between an event happening and it being added to the Chikaratopia OnDemand? I'm want to give King of Trios a go

Usually a couple of weeks, I think - Chikarasaurus Rex was last month and is already up on there. In previous years, Trios had been available on DVD within a matter of days, though that was while still working with Smart Mark Video, but they do still seem to try and get as quick a turnaround as possible for those shows.

If you pre-order now, you can get the "raw cut" of all three nights already - think that's probably just the hard cam footage, unedited.

18 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

If Chikara are still  coming over in a couple of years, I really want to go with my daughter.

Just seems like a really cool environment to watch wrestling in.

I'm slightly concerned that this might have been their last UK show for a while - I haven't heard anything definite, but on Twitter they referred to King of Trios in the UK as "the culmination of a three year experiment".

I hope not, as I've always had a ton of fun at CHIKARA shows, and they offer something different to most promotions in the UK.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dane Bramage said:

Do WWE have some kind of working arrangement with CHIKARA now? I thought the UK contracts meant Dunne, Bate, etc. couldn't be on shows that were being taped (other than Progress and ICW).

I THINK it is that they cannot do any live streaming shows. I know at Lucha Forever when they have done a live stream, they have put the UK guys in dark matches so they do not appear in the live event stream. Fight Club Pro on the other hand is taped for DVD and they have no problems releasing each event on DVD. Because KOT was not live, I imagine that is how they get around it. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's TV, pay-per-view and live streaming that the WWE guys can't work - anything to be released on DVD or, presumably, on-demand services, seems to be fine. Though WWE would presumably be able to pull their UK contracted talent from any show they decide they don't want them working, or if they would prefer to use them that day.

We were at Day 3 of KOT17 and it was our first live Chikara show. Great event, really fun and some great wrestling action to boot. If you didn't enjoy it, you're taking life too seriously. 

Damian Dunne is on fire with his Chief Deputy Dunne gimmick right now and had a fun match, while it was great to see British Strong Style win the whole thing. House Sendai were amazing too, as was Jody Fleisch.

Archived